My estimated salary cap numbers for us now

according to http://www.falcfans.com/features/2007cap.html , before our cuts today we had $11,969,758 in cap space and adding their cap hits on the players we released today we should right now have approx. 27,896,093 Million in cap space...

u can do the math yourself if you dont believe it but this is what i came up with...

Go Falcons!

no sir it should not be the same....from year to year the amount of bonus money changes especially towards the end of a contract. I really don't know what we have but I would be willing to bet that there is about 8 mil of dead money from coleman and crumpler at least. their salaries would probably have been 6 or 7 mil. we probably saved about 2 or 3 mil from those two guys and 2 mil from leftwich because of the NO bonus deal he signed gandy probably will save us about 1 to 2 mil the other guys will probably total 1 mil

we are looking at 6 MAYBE 7 mil of cap space this year and a little more the next year.

I believe that you are just adding up salaries. You also have to accelerate the bonuses and subtract those. On the right side is the last year of the contract. You need to figure the years remaining and multiply that number by the bonus $. I think your figure is way off.

For instance, using the numbers from your reference, cutting Crumpler will actually cost us $5.1 million against the cap this year [$1.7 million for 3 years]. Keeping him would have cost $2.784 million. Although, if I am not mistaken, he was going to be getting a large salary increase in 2008 if we kept him. It may turn out to be a wash.

capATL (2/15/2008)
I believe that you are just adding up salaries. You also have to accelerate the bonuses and subtract those. On the right side is the last year of the contract. You need to figure the years remaining and multiply that number by the bonus $. I think your figure is way off.

For instance, using the numbers from your reference, cutting Crumpler will actually cost us $5.1 million against the cap this year [$1.7 million for 3 years]. Keeping him would have cost $2.784 million. Although, if I am not mistaken, he was going to be getting a large salary increase in 2008 if we kept him. It may turn out to be a wash.

Right. That is how I came up with the estimate in my earlier post.