Reportedly, after the 7 cuts, there are 4 more waiting to be announced.

Falcon4Life (2/15/2008)
BirdsOfPrey (2/15/2008)
Falcon4Life (2/15/2008)
What 4 cuts do YOU think will be named? Thoughts.

I think it is safe to say that there will be more than 4 more, but not today.

Right...but you still didn't answer my question...:ermm:

I don't like to speculate on this. Who am I to say whether a player deserves to stay on the Falcons or not? Obviously TD and Smith have a plan in mind and I am not privy to it, so I will refrain from making any assumptions on who will be cut. I am just extremely please that Left is no longer on the team.:)

Bigg Dogg (2/15/2008)
Joey Harrington

Chris Crocker

Brian Finneran

Joe Horn

I really hope that Finn isn't going anywhere. Hopefully he can come back and be that big 3rd down receiver that we need. Hard to say that he will though after injuring the same knee twice.

I don't think they are going to cut Joey though. He showed real character last season and did a whale of a job with all things considered. Shockley might be up for a trade, but I'm not sure if he would have any value or not.

If there are indeed 4 more, I say:

Weiner - bad njury, wont be ready for 08. Clabo has looked great @ RT.

Dunn - we will get trade feelers, if nothing release him.

Horn - he isnt producing anything. I just dont know if it makes sense financially to cut him.

Milloy - great player and leader, but he doesnt fit cover 2. He doesnt have the wheels or cover skills to cover half the deep zone.

Robb4242 (2/15/2008)
Falcon4Life (2/15/2008)

1. Forney

2. Weiner (medical)

3. Harrington(or Redman)

4. Horn

You can't cut a QB that isn't signed to a contract............ Redman is a FA.... and why would we cut him even if he was actually under contract.. he was our best QB on the roster

Twinblade (2/15/2008)
Why didn't they cut vick?

because as long as he is on the NFL suspended list his salary doesnt count against our CAP, and we dont take the accelerated CAP hit we would to cut him.

Remember the NFL is trying to get the federal ruling reversed on him giving the $$ back to us. No need to take the hit if we dont have to. He doesnt count for a final 53 roster spot either.

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/15/2008)
Robb4242 (2/15/2008)
Falcon4Life (2/15/2008)

1. Forney

2. Weiner (medical)

3. Harrington(or Redman)

4. Horn

You can't cut a QB that isn't signed to a contract............ Redman is a FA.... and why would we cut him even if he was actually under contract.. he was our best QB on the roster

Then just go with Harrington.

But why would we cut Redman? Do you actually think a 1st time HC & a 1st time GM want to bet their futures on a 30+ year old QB who at this time last year was out selling insurance or whatever it was he was doing? Of course they don't, that's why they have not even give the slightest consideration to resigning him.