the reason the falcons cut crump IMO

doubletrouble21 (2/15/2008)
I'm kind of lost. Why did we just CUT Crump when we could've traded him?

Who's to say we could have traded him?

I'm wondering if there's a medical issue. His knees have been in bad shape for awhile from what we've heard. Hard to believe that the team would cut a player who has been a multi-trip Pro Bowler and a fan favorite without a good reason.

I'm guessing there's either something medical or he just went to the team and told them he flat out didn't want to be here.

Direwolf

direwolf (2/15/2008)

I'm wondering if there's a medical issue. His knees have been in bad shape for awhile from what we've heard. Hard to believe that the team would cut a player who has been a multi-trip Pro Bowler and a fan favorite without a good reason.

I'm guessing there's either something medical or he just went to the team and told them he flat out didn't want to be here.

Direwolf

Maybe the FO wanted to thank him for his years of service and let him go sign wherever he wanted instead of telling him where to go? I don't really understand it either, unless there was something else medical going on with him that we weren't told about.

man, i'm so sad, my first ever falcons jersey was a crumpler jersey...

hopefully he signs with a superbowl caliber team so he can at least win a superbowl in his career.

i'm also pretty sad about coleman's release. coleman is a beast whenever he's healthy

i hope we find out why they are released because this is killing me. 2 probowlers gone?? wow...

direwolf (2/15/2008)

Direwolf

He did tell the team if they were going to do it, do it early so he had the entire FA period to find a new team.

Looks like the team respected him enough, and granted that request rather than hold on to him and try to squeak out a trade.

irish_falcon (2/15/2008)
In a league where Randy Moss is only worth a 4th round pick there's little trade value for an outspoken Tight End with bad knees

seems like we could have at least tried to trade for another player who was not happy with his current team. Crumpler is not that old and yes his knees are not great but he has never missed more than 2 games in any season so he is tough enough to play hurt

Robb4242 (2/15/2008)
direwolf (2/15/2008)

Direwolf

He did tell the team if they were going to do it, do it early so he had the entire FA period to find a new team.

Looks like the team respected him enough, and granted that request rather than hold on to him and try to squeak out a trade.

I agree, I don't think he really wanted to be here.

jamnesiac34 (2/15/2008)
Crumpler was cut because believe it or not, he was one of the malcontents from last season. He spoke out against the coaches and dropped almost every ball that was thrown his way.

if you want to talk about dropped balls, shoudl have released michael jenkins instead. i mean a prowbowler?? our best WR for years?? one of the elite TEs?? come on

somecut8 (2/15/2008)
bow chicka wow wow (2/15/2008)
a big Fa acquistion is gonna happen and they wanted the money now!..idk

they better sign haynesworth if they got rid of both crump and coleman

No thanks. Don't want another guy who turns it on in a contract year when he's just been playing dead up until that point. He'll revert back to his non-factor, pre-contract season days as soon as he signs his mega deal
somecut8 (2/15/2008)
man, i'm so sad, my first ever falcons jersey was a crumpler jersey...

hopefully he signs with a superbowl caliber team so he can at least win a superbowl in his career.

i'm also pretty sad about coleman's release. coleman is a beast whenever he's healthy

i hope we find out why they are released because this is killing me. 2 probowlers gone?? wow...

the big thing you have to remember is they are two PAST probowlers. Injuries have really effected these 2 recently. And last year Crumpler had the dropsier more than anyone on our roster I think.

I am still shocked that Crump is gone, but I understand. He is in rough shape medically.

What was crump, a 7-8 year vet? And with bad knees. With good knees, he still only has a few years left in the tank. I think this is a cut due to either crumplers wishes, or due to his injury status. To say they cut him because he was very outspoken last year seems to me a bit silly.

Just a cut due to failing health to a player making a good bit of money.

direwolf (2/15/2008)

Direwolf

This was my thinking as well(health). He started every camp, on the sidelines and would slowly work into camp. He never did two a days and this past season, it seemed to take him longer to get ready for the regular season.