• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman and Crump, but not Brooking or Dunn? Not Finneran?

I was against cutting crumpler, but I thought there was a good chance it could happen.

Well, I hope this is the first wave of cuts. I hope we have some confidence that we either have a very good TE on our roster, or can go out and get one.

With our QB situation so shaky, we don't want to take away too many offensive weapons.

With that said your biggest Offensive weapon is now gone.

stoned_jc7 (2/15/2008)
Coleman and Crump, but not Brooking or Dunn? Not Finneran?

I was against cutting crumpler, but I thought there was a good chance it could happen.

Well, I hope this is the first wave of cuts. I hope we have some confidence that we either have a very good TE on our roster, or can go out and get one.

With our QB situation so shaky, we don't want to take away too many offensive weapons.

Smashmouth (2/15/2008)
The Cush (2/15/2008)
Wow... you mean Crumpler was cut but not Dunn or Brooking? You have got to be kidding me.

What did I tell you? I don't like the way things are shaking out thus far.

The front office is on the hot seat.

exactly who's hot seat is TD on?????

yours????

:w00t:

I'm OK with these cuts, although I really liked what Algie had done prior to last season. Assuming that he can pass a physical, I'm confident that he will fit into the offense of some team in the NFL.

My guess is that there is some serious contract re-negotiation going on which will be the basis for future announcements on Brooking and Dunn.

I'm still hoping to see Joey gone soon.

Ok so you wanna get rid of 4 X pro-bowler Alge Crumpler... We could have gotten quite a bit for him if we put him on the trading block, some draft picks or something instead of just letting him go. When we didn't re-sign Patrick Kerney, how'd that turn out?

The Crumpler cut surprises me, but I think the front office was doing him a favor by not holding onto him and using him as trade bait. By cutting him so early he now has ample time to find another team to play for. From a financial standpoint I don't understand the cut at all because his contract only counts 1.3 million against the cap. Who is supposed to step into his shoes now? A good tight end is a young QB's best friend.

The Cush (2/15/2008)
Wow... you mean Crumpler was cut but not Dunn or Brooking? You have got to be kidding me.

Cush,

The cuts aren't over, nor the trades that will take place. Brooking will renegotiate and possibly so will Dunn.

Brook has some football left in him, but the price needs adjusting and possibly move him outside.

Lord Dark Helmet (2/15/2008)
This team is cursed. Poor draft picks. Bad free agency every year. When we actually get a good player or two we let them go. Idiots.

If I read this post with the wisdom of your signature, than all they did was let go of some dumb players. It doesn't sound idiotic to me...

ether422 (2/15/2008)
I admit I think the fact that Crumpler was cut was a good move. He's at the age now and with all the surgeries, his injury was going to slow him down for seasons that are approaching. But I will admit I'm going to miss hearing "TOUCHDOWN ALGERNON" everytime he scored a Falcon's touchdown..

:crying:

I think they tried to trade him before decided to cut him.

However, thanks Alge!