PFT says 10 more names on the way

POSTED 11:55 a.m. EST, February 15, 2008

NEW REGIME STARTS CLEANING HOUSE IN ATLANTA

The Atlanta Falcons are in the process of their most public, and dramatic, attempt to break from a recent past marred by poor performances and prosecutions for dog fighting.

New G.M. Tom Dimitroff has cut defensive tackle Rod Coleman, and ten more names will follow on Friday.

The move will undoubtedly free up cap space for the team, which the Falcons then can use to acquire players who'll fit the style of Dimitroff and new head coach Mike Smith.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Looks like a pretty eventful day is underway.

Statick (2/15/2008)
I feel like a kid waiting for a present.

Isnt that hysterical? We're so disillusioned with our teams that we are all hitting refreshed every three minutes to see which one of our players has been cut! To think...we were a half of football away from the Super Bowl a few years ago...

Anyway I would think these guys have to get cut.

Coleman (out already)

Fornay

Gandy

Dunn

Harrington

Leftwich

Milloy

Brooking

Stanley

can people thing of others. I cant imagine itll all be the bigger names on the team...theres gotta be some reserves in there.

dchi194 (2/15/2008)
Statick (2/15/2008)
I feel like a kid waiting for a present.

Isnt that hysterical? We're so disillusioned with our teams that we are all hitting refreshed every three minutes to see which one of our players has been cut! To think...we were a half of football away from the Super Bowl a few years ago...

Anyway I would think these guys have to get cut.

Yeah, and there probably be a couple more gone via trade.

Coleman (out already)

Fornay

Gandy

Dunn

Harrington

Leftwich

Milloy

Brooking

Stanley

can people thing of others. I cant imagine itll all be the bigger names on the team...theres gotta be some reserves in there.