What's the worst that can happen?

If we gut the roster like the AJC and everyone else is reporting, what's the worst that can happen?

1. We lose 12+ games AGAIN as we rebuild.

- I am not too worried about this one, and at the very least, we wont be watching the same problems from the same players. An added bonus to this one, we get to draft the best skill position player in the top 5 of the draft to complement the linemen we draft this year. :)

2. We lose fans of players that are cut.

- Such a sad day when fans leave. Oh wait, fans who leave because they're favorite player is gone aren't real fans to begin with. (example, I am a hardcore Braves fan, have been since I was little. I booed Tom Glavine in a Met uniform, and I will cheer for him just as hard as I did in '95 now that he is back in a Braves uniform)

3. We lose respect from the media, league and the city of Atlanta.

- Wait, its too late to stop this from happening.

I don't see anything that should scare us away from cleaning house. I'm on board.

I have fond memories of Brooking and Dunn and lots of other guys, but if its best for the team....

Send 'em packin' TD!

chris30277 (2/15/2008)
If we draft heavy oline this year and have a bad season I could see us using a high pick on Percy Harvin next year to play in the slot and be a Wes Welker type WR for us. Heck I could see us doing that this year and drafting Dorian Bryant.

There are any number of options for this team. When you start from scratch you can shape it how you want it to be, not boxed into salaries. I for one am excited.

formul8or (2/15/2008)
The worst thing that could happen is we release players that go off and flourish on another team.

And I still am unhappy with Glavine. He backstabbed us and led the player's strike.

Ah....here's some unsolicited advice that will, IMHO, lessen your stress level.

Don't play "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda..." When we release players we don't care what they do on a different team, under a different coach, with different players, in different schemes. It's like a divorce: you need to stop living in the past, looking in the rear-view mirror and move forward with your life.

Also: What position does Glavine play for the Falcons? Is he our new QB?

Did I miss an inter-sports trade?

It will end up being a tough year.

Gee, never had one of those before. :rolleyes:

But the difference between now and the past, is that instead of Smith, we have an owner who is fighting tooth and nail to get us better.

So it will be growning pains instead of just flat-out pain.

Cut away TD!

Cut to the bone!

Dedsquirrl (2/15/2008)
It will end up being a tough year.

Gee, never had one of those before. :rolleyes:

But the difference between now and the past, is that instead of Smith, we have an owner who is fighting tooth and nail to get us better.

So it will be growning pains instead of just flat-out pain.

Cut away TD!

Cut to the bone!

EXACTLY!

btw, your avatar is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.