I don't get it. The same people who live for the day Brooking is no longer a Falcon are all over Milloy's jock

halsey

fat matt (2/15/2008)
I guess I have to repeat what I said early. Brooking tackles his own teammates. Am I the only one bothered by this on this board or what?

WELL FAT MATT, I WAS BOTHERED BY IT THE GAME IT HAPPENED. BUT IN REALITY I UNDERSTAND THAT HE WAS JUST TOO AGGRESSIVE ON THAT PLAY AND THAT FEILD POSITION. YOU HAVE TO GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR HUSSLE.

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/15/2008)
Milloy actually made a bunch of huge game changing plays... brooking would be fine if we moved him back outside... milloy is still a very capable player

Nope, but that dead horse stop moving along time ago. Milloy and brooking are done IMO, but if we were to keep one with the FO we have in place no thank god, they won't pay 8 mill for brooking when they can get better production for cheaper at mlb, and wlb!! Milloy could should stay and help the secondary in a lessor role.

(My post was in response to the guy talking about if he is the only one that remembers brooking tackling his own players)

halsey (2/15/2008)
Milloy actually made a bunch of huge game changing plays... brooking would be fine if we moved him back outside... milloy is still a very capable player

No, Milloy never made any game changing plays.

Dude, Milloy was very clutch in the red zone all year. He made several key blitzes and stops in the backfield...particularly in the Houston game, WHICH WE WON.

Dem Birds Can Fly (2/15/2008)
fat matt (2/15/2008)
I guess I have to repeat what I said early. Brooking tackles his own teammates. Am I the only one bothered by this on this board or what?

Somethings wrong with your keyboard, everything you type comes out "Whaaa whaaa whaaa".

Look bro, I know you love Brooking and all but it's time to let him go. He's done and I'm done watching him getting trucked, pushed around and tackling his own teammates.

fat matt (2/15/2008)

To answer your question, Apparently so! How many times did Brooking tackle his own player? Get over it. Brooking has always gave a 100%, and has played at a high level. Brooking does need to take a pay cut, and if he doesn't then cut him. I like Milloy also. I would love to keep him, but If he gets cut, it is because he doesn't fit the scheme that we want to run.

Like so many people said with YKW...when you're making as much $ as Brooking you're held to a different standard. I like Brooking and feel that he was forced to play out of position in the middle instead of on the weakside...but that said when you finish 4-12 you gotta really look at what guys are making and is it justified. He's still a solid LB but I would understand if he was let go.

The thing we have to think about is what will either of them be doing for us in 4-5 years, which will be the soonest we will be good again...the answer is nothing, they got to go! PERIOD! For you guys thinking we are a few pieces away are kidding yourselves. Let these guys go and get a chance to win a ring in their last few years in the NFL....cause they will not be winning one here unless we keep them on a coaches in 5 years!

vicktimized~2136 (2/15/2008)
halsey (2/15/2008)

No, Milloy never made any game changing plays.

Dude, Milloy was very clutch in the red zone all year. He made several key blitzes and stops in the backfield...particularly in the Houston game, WHICH WE WON.

:laugh:

He look, it's story time!

red2play (2/15/2008)
frontierdawg (2/15/2008)
If Brooking gets cut, the pink slip will drag him 5 yards.

OUCH!!

Milloy has made game changing plays. Brooking has lost a step. Brooking also costs MUCH MORE.

Brooking sucks and that's how it is. I don't have to get over anything. The fact is Brooking can't play and we are wasting time with him on the field.

fat matt (2/15/2008)
red2play (2/15/2008)
frontierdawg (2/15/2008)

Brooking sucks and that's how it is. I don't have to get over anything. The fact is Brooking can't play and we are wasting time with him on the field.

Brooking can't play, yet he's played for the Falcons for a decade and in the Pro Bowl multiple times. Reality kinda trumps irrelevant opinions.

halsey (2/15/2008)
fat matt (2/15/2008)
red2play (2/15/2008)
frontierdawg (2/15/2008)

Brooking can't play, yet he's played for the Falcons for a decade and in the Pro Bowl multiple times. Reality kinda trumps irrelevant opinions.

You guys can hold on to these probowl all you'd like, but the fact is NOW he can't do it. We can't keep holding on to the past. It's time to move on.He is constantly getting ran over, trucked and pushed around. It's time to let him go.

fat matt (2/15/2008)
halsey (2/15/2008)
fat matt (2/15/2008)
red2play (2/15/2008)
frontierdawg (2/15/2008)

You guys can hold on to these probowl all you'd like, but the fact is NOW he can't do it. We can't keep holding on to the past. It's time to move on.He is constantly getting ran over, trucked and pushed around. It's time to let him go.

No matter how much you think he can't play, he's been the Falcons first or second best LB for a decade. The only years he was the second best were his rookie year and the last 2. That's the truth, like it or not.