Seeing Brooking and Done cut...

Matt Kelly

Matt Kelly (2/14/2008)
This alone will actually tell us that maybe finally we are ready to make football decisions instead of "community" decisions.

Can't wait to see the tears of the Brooking and Dunn fanboys tomorrow.because reading books to kids and helping homeless mothers don't win you games on Sunday.

SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE A HEART OF GOLD.

Matt Kelly (2/14/2008)
This alone will actually tell us that maybe finally we are ready to make football decisions instead of "community" decisions.

Can't wait to see the tears of the Brooking and Dunn fanboys tomorrow.because reading books to kids and helping homeless mothers don't win you games on Sunday.

Yep you are right about the community decisions, like I said the suicide watch will be overwhelming!

Matt Kelly (2/14/2008)

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::hehe:;)

Matt Kelly (2/14/2008)

Actually the NFL is a business. Businesses must take care of the community they are in, in order to have good PR and image.

It's not as easy as say Madden, where you can trade/release players on a whim.

Just want to make sure you understood that.

Just because I don't WANT to see Brooking cut doesn't mean that I don't understand it. He's been one of my favorite players for a long time, but my loyalty is to the team and if they don't think he's going to contribute, they should indeed release him.

That said, I will be sad about it because he has been a big contributor for a number of years. All you folks who go on about "pile-jumping" never seem to have an answer when told that his stat-line shows that his solo tackles FAR outnumber assists. He's made lots of big plays over the years and been willing to move around wherever the team needs him to play. ****, the guy played for a crummy team with broken vertebrae in his back! That alone makes him worthy of respect and admiration at least.

The real shame is that some people can't reconcile the idea that it can be time for a player to go with the idea that that player still deserves respect and gratitude for their service. People who appreciate a player become "fanboys" and "huggers" and you people sit around patting each other on the back for "telling it like it is" when all you're really doing is spitting on the contributions of a player who gave everything he had for a team that, quite honestly, wasn't always worth the effort.

Seeing people get all excited about long-tenured and valued players leaving is really sad. You may root for the team, but you're missing one of the things that makes football (and pro sports in general) worthwhile.

Direwolf

direwolf (2/15/2008)
Just because I don't WANT to see Brooking cut doesn't mean that I don't understand it. He's been one of my favorite players for a long time, but my loyalty is to the team and if they don't think he's going to contribute, they should indeed release him.

That said, I will be sad about it because he has been a big contributor for a number of years. All you folks who go on about "pile-jumping" never seem to have an answer when told that his stat-line shows that his solo tackles FAR outnumber assists. He's made lots of big plays over the years and been willing to move around wherever the team needs him to play. ****, the guy played for a crummy team with broken vertebrae in his back! That alone makes him worthy of respect and admiration at least.

The real shame is that some people can't reconcile the idea that it can be time for a player to go with the idea that that player still deserves respect and gratitude for their service. People who appreciate a player become "fanboys" and "huggers" and you people sit around patting each other on the back for "telling it like it is" when all you're really doing is spitting on the contributions of a player who gave everything he had for a team that, quite honestly, wasn't always worth the effort.

Seeing people get all excited about long-tenured and valued players leaving is really sad. You may root for the team, but you're missing one of the things that makes football (and pro sports in general) worthwhile.

Direwolf

Great post. People who are actually looking forward to guys that gave their all for this team get cut. What class!