I really hope our new GM and HC knows what hes doing.

Twinblade

If they plan on releasing most of our players for some unexperienced players, Then they better **** well improve this season and they better **** well get a **** A+ in this years draft. We would have more holes open up then we can ever dream of.

Some of the future releases I agree on, But some of them are just plain stupid..

Crumpler?

Lawyer?

This team is really f*cked.

Twinblade (2/14/2008)
If they plan on releasing most of our players for some unexperienced players, Then they better **** well improve this season and they better **** well get a **** A+ in this years draft. We would have more holes open up then we can ever dream of.

Some of the future releases I agree on, But some of them are just plain stupid..

Crumpler?

Lawyer?

Those 2 names surprised me too, but take heart. It's all just speculation at this point (Right Rev2000?) I don't think the team is F'd, cause I can't imagine them actually truly purging all of those vets at the same time. I'm wondering what the players are thinking though. Sometimes a change of scenery can revitalize a guy's career, and after a year like 07, I'm not sure I'd blame any of them for wanting to give it a go somewhere else.

Theres no way that we release a veteran like Milloy, He is still very good, and is a great leader..

Crump i dont have a problem with, but milloy yes

I will be so pissed if he gets released

My only key release on defense would be coleman, maybe brooking, but id think twice about it, hes been solid and is a good leader.

on offense, Wayne Gandy, Kynan Forney, Warrick Dunn,Brian Finneran,Joey Harrington,Leftwich. Possibly Joe Horn, but again think twice about it due to how well our recievers improved this year, not sure if he had anything to do with it or not

And im not sure what the cap hits would be, just saying guys i wouldnt care to see let go

This team had a major problem. The veterans were the bad players. Usually you can trust the older players to teach the younger players.

Boley played out Brooking. Horn was invisible, instead White had his break out year. Norwood was so much better than Dunn....

And that was not a fault of Petrino. It was a fault of these players. Never forget the tackling of Brooking against Lewis Sanders, that Reggie Bush can get the touchdown

And now it is time to rebuild. And a good rebuilding process takes his time. So it is right to cut players and evualate younger players. I would not cut Crumpler for example. But you can ask other teams, if there is interest in a trade. Why not?

Twinblade (2/14/2008)

Crumpler?

Lawyer?

Do you understand that sometimes you have to take a step backwards to be able to take a step forward? If you are expecting immediate improvement or worst to first you may be setting yourself up for a big letdown. Not saying it can't happen but I don't bank on it.

I would like to keep Crump and Milloy. However, there may be factors that make their release logical.

Crump could be released if Mularkey's offense does not feature the TE. Mularkey may be asking for more blocking TE's. If that is the case, then Crump would be happier and have a better future with another team.

Milloy may have asked management to release him. He is at point in his career that he may not want to be a part of a rebuilding process. I think that Milloy deserves special consideration, when it comes down to his requests.

The fact of the matter is that we won 4 games with all these leaders. The worst thing in this league is to go 8-8 with a bunch of aging vets. Our team will not be very good next season. We might as well put out a bunch of young guys and give them experience. That is the best way to realize huge gains going forward.

FalconFan13 (2/15/2008)
I think they keep Crump. But i wouldn't mind if the released Milloy. I think Crocker could play SS well if they decided to keep him and if not him i would love to get Sammy Knight in here for a year or 2.

Knight and Milloy are about the same player (sans 3 years). Not sure what that would accomplish.

falconfootball (2/15/2008)
gritblitzer (2/15/2008)
cheeseburgerug9.jpg

I know this is therapy for you, but cold, man... just cold... :P

I know. I debated on this one 'cause Crump has been one of my favorite Falcons for years....but these are professional athletes...How hard is it to come into a season in shape?

obmann (2/15/2008)
This team had a major problem. The veterans were the bad players. Usually you can trust the older players to teach the younger players.

Boley played out Brooking. Horn was invisible, instead White had his break out year. Norwood was so much better than Dunn....

Good point.

I like Milloy as well, but he isnt a good fit for a cover 2. our safties will be required to cover large amounts of ground in pass coverage, and Milloy doesnt fit there.

I would be suprised to see us go after Ken Hamlin or Madeui Williams hard, then move J Williams over to SS.

wauchope (2/15/2008)
I would keep Finneran in a second. He makes next to nothing and has the surest hands of anyone on this roster. He provides the same service as Joe Horn at a fraction of the cost. Horn should be gone. He makes WAAAAAY too much money.

I think FInneran is over 2M against the cap. He got a decent deal when he re-signed. And blowing his knee out 2 times in 2 years at his age...is bad news.

He NEEDS to go unfotunately.

bgarcia28 (2/15/2008)
I would like to keep Crump and Milloy. However, there may be factors that make their release logical.

Crump could be released if Mularkey's offense does not feature the TE. Mularkey may be asking for more blocking TE's. If that is the case, then Crump would be happier and have a better future with another team.

Milloy may have asked management to release him. He is at point in his career that he may not want to be a part of a rebuilding process. I think that Milloy deserves special consideration, when it comes down to his requests.

The fact of the matter is that we won 4 games with all these leaders. The worst thing in this league is to go 8-8 with a bunch of aging vets. Our team will not be very good next season. We might as well put out a bunch of young guys and give them experience. That is the best way to realize huge gains going forward.

Mularkey's offense does feature TE's but if I'm not mistaken they are used mainly as blockers and every once in a while they get a pass thrown to them.

My biggest fear was that the new people, TD and MS would leave this team like it is and just add a couple people, this team needed to be blown up.

This will also send a clear message to everyone, that no one's job is secure, if you don't conform to what our team needs you will be gone no exceptions.

Twinblade (2/14/2008)

Crumpler?

Lawyer?

I am tired of A+ on draft day and C three years later. Maybe we should be smart and give them time?

Nah.. We're Falcon fans! Let's demand playoffs next year!

Why are so many people in Love With Crumpler. He has bad knees, and is overweight. Oh yeah, I almost forgot he can't catch. Brooking is way more valuable to this team than Crumpler. Brooking needs to take a pay cut I agree, but to say we need to get rid of Brooking over Crumpler is absurd. A TE is easier to replace than MLB.:cool:

Twinblade (2/14/2008)

Crumpler?

Lawyer?

It's about time !!!

The fact that Dimitroff & Co. are dumping the garbage known to most as The Falcons proves he knows what he is doing !! There may be 5 players on todays roster worth keeping. That's how pathetic this team has become. A total embarrassment to the people of Georgia.

GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!