Brooking Fans on Suicide Watch!!!

geraldg

geraldg (2/14/2008)
Take away all sharp objects and shoe laces. There are about to be some sick Brooking fans come tomorrow. Dimitroff, do your job and start trimming the fat a la Bill Parcells. If Zach can be cut, so can Highway 56.

Sorry , Not going to happen dude! I hate to bust up your thread but Brooking is going to be here in 2008 , WE need him bad and TD knows it.

geraldg (2/14/2008)
Take away all sharp objects and shoe laces. There are about to be some sick Brooking fans come tomorrow. Dimitroff, do your job and start trimming the fat a la Bill Parcells. If Zach can be cut, so can Highway 56.

Vick-75, ATL-75 is that you?

Please, please tell me why he shouldn't be cut.

He is old.

He is not productive (MLB or WLB)

His salary is too high

He can't cover backs out of the backfield (responsibility of WLB)

Get's run over consistently

Contrary to popular belief, is not a leader (myth created by the media and MB). Milloy more respected than him.

He just plain SUCKS.

nativefalcon (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

too bad when leftwich gets the axe too. :P

Good. Gotta go, gotta go.

Culain (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

No, just a realistic fan that doesn't have a stiffy for Brooking like yourself.

Draftnut57 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

Sorry , Not going to happen dude! I hate to bust up your thread but Brooking is going to be here in 2008 , WE need him bad and TD knows it.

yeah we need someone that can't play BADLY

geraldg (2/14/2008)
Culain (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

No, just an unrealistic falcon hater that doesn't have a clue, cause I still have my nose up YKW's azz, totally unlike yourself.

I saw you made some errors in your last post so I fixed it for you.

and dude you don't be ashamed if your an idiot admit it, thats the first step to getting help.

halsey (2/14/2008)
If Brooking is released tomorrow, after a decade as a Falcon, I wonder if he will sign with another team or call it a career. One thing we do know: he isn't leaving the Falcons to go to prison.

Jail or ****!! I don't give a **** where he's going. As long as his A$$ is gone!!!!

Culain (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)
Culain (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

No, just an unrealistic falcon hater that doesn't have a clue, cause I still have my nose up YKW's azz, totally unlike yourself.

I saw you made some errors in your last post so I fixed it for you.

and dude you don't be ashamed if your an idiot admit it, thats the first step to getting help.

**** you have a Vick fetish. Everyone else on this thread is talking about Brooking.

Draftnut57 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

Draftnut,

I think you are one of the brightest posters here, but there's no way I can agree with this one. I don't see how we can "need" a LB that can't cover RB's out the backfield. I also don't see how we "need someone who never attacks the line, and at a ridiculous salary at that. I hate to say it, but I think you're getting Keith Brooking the man confused with Keith Brooking the LB. I love Keith Brooking the man, would love to have a beer with him one day. However, we can't have a gaping hole at LB and expect to win. If he's brought back, it needs to be under a highly reduced salary and as a backup.

dyoshot (2/14/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

Draftnut,

I think you are one of the brightest posters here, but there's no way I can agree with this one. I don't see how we can "need" a LB that can't cover RB's out the backfield. I also don't see how we "need someone who never attacks the line, and at a ridiculous salary at that. I hate to say it, but I think you're getting Keith Brooking the man confused with Keith Brooking the LB. I love Keith Brooking the man, would love to have a beer with him one day. However, we can't have a gaping hole at LB and expect to win. If he's brought back, it needs to be under a highly reduced salary and as a backup.

THANK YOU

dyoshot (2/14/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

Draftnut,

dyoshot , Thank you for you comment . If we keep Brooking maybe you will think I have a 100 watt bulb instead of a 40 watt! :laugh: And when he dose take a cut and comes back to lead the team in tackles again then maybe you will say I have a 300 watt bulb . Oh how we are in for some sunny days ahead!!! :D

geraldg (2/14/2008)

Keith Brooking is a great players. But if he get cut, then I wish him good luck with a new team. We have to moving on. New Coach, New Scheme, New players. This is indeed a new Era.

IMO, TD should ask Brooking to take a paycut. He deserve to retire as a Falcons. He can take a rotating role. If we cut him, I wouldn't mind it.

I think the title is a little inappropiate. Just my opinion.

geraldg (2/14/2008)

GERALD, YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT. IF KEITH IS CUT ...... DON'T RUB IT IN. HIS FANS ARE A PART OF OUR FAN BASE. THEY ARE A PART OF US. THE WORD IS : COMPASSION.:)

REV.2000 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

GERALD, YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT. IF KEITH IS CUT ...... DON'T RUB IT IN. HIS FANS ARE A PART OF OUR FAN BASE. THEY ARE A PART OF US. THE WORD IS : COMPASSION.:)

Very good word. Another word should be added is RESPECT. He has been a Falcons all his life. Never wanted to go to another team. You have to love a man who is LOYAL. If he is cut, I wish him luck.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/14/2008)
REV.2000 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

Very good word. Another word should be added is RESPECT. He has been a Falcons all his life. Never wanted to go to another team. You have to love a man who is LOYAL. If he is cut, I wish him luck.

I RESPECT KEITH BROOKING AND ALL THAT HE HAS DONE FOR OUR TEAM. A HARD NOSED FOOTBALL PLAYER ....... KEITH BROOKING.:)

Brooking is aging. However, anyone who watched all that went on with this team last year and comes away with a Brooking fetish is majoring on minor issues in my opinion.

No GM in the NFL would put "LB Play" on the list of "Top 5 issues that must be addressed in Atlanta for '08." Few would have it in the top 10 imho.

REV.2000 (2/14/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/14/2008)
REV.2000 (2/14/2008)
geraldg (2/14/2008)

I RESPECT KEITH BROOKING AND ALL THAT HE HAS DONE FOR OUR TEAM. A HARD NOSED FOOTBALL PLAYER ....... KEITH BROOKING.:)

Yes, he is. A great football player and person. I also wish Warrick Dunn luck too. He had done so much for the Atlanta community. Milloy, if he is release, its been great having him on the team.