What falcon players do you think will get cut tomorrow

i think

CUT

Lawyer Milloy(i dont want him to get cut but its time to see what Daren Stone can do)

Byron Leftwich

Joe Horn

Alge Crumpler(in a power running scheme iu will only need a Blocking TE)(we may trade him)

Warrick Dunn

Kynan Forney

Wayne Gandy

Todd Weiner

Brian Finneran

Rod Coleman(only if we know that its a freeagent we know we will get and replace Rod)

May keep

Keith Brooking(he will restructure his contract)

Joey Harrington(we will cut him after june the 1st...we have to make sure we draft a qb before we cut him)

CUT and Teams that may pick them up

Lawyer Milloy (Patroits)

Byron Leftwich (CFL)

Joe Horn (Chiefs)

Alge Crumpler (or keep him for a trade to get more draft picks) (Seahawks)

Warrick Dunn (Colts)

Kynan Forney (Detroit)

Wayne Gandy (Retirement)

Todd Weiner (NY Jets)

Brian Finneran (Texans)

Rod Coleman (Titans)

Keith Brooking (Dolphins)

Joey Harrington (Burger King or Bears)

We need to clean house and started over again, and if we are going to follow the Patroits blueprint then it is going to happen.

Lawyer Milloy - A loss of leadership, plus he had a good year. Wouldn't make sense to cut him.

Byron Leftwich - Not a good backup, and wildy inconsistant when on the field. Has the tools to be decent, but poor mechanics make him a weak link. CUT

Joe Horn - He is a key leader on the WR core, but I could a cut happening.

Alge Crumpler - You don't cut good players because they don't "fit" into your scheme, you find ways to include them into your scheme. Keeper.

Warrick Dunn - I could see him being cut.

Kynan Forney, Wayne Gandy, Todd Weiner - Cutting 1 or 2 is good, but we cannot turn out OL into nothing but rookies. That serves no purpose.

Brian Finneran - Could be a keeper, but I could see him getting cut. Surely cut if he gets injured again.

Rod Coleman - Maybe, but he is way to good when fully healthy to let go of. Keep him for 1 or 2 more years.

Keith Brooking - Get him on the weakside or get rid of him. Having him at MLB is a liability.

Joey Harrington - Only if he stays at backup. He is consevative, so he will rarely cost you a game. He just will not win you one. Otherwise, cut.

Neki Ecko (2/14/2008)

CUT and Teams that may pick them up

Lawyer Milloy (Patroits)

Byron Leftwich (CFL)

Joe Horn (Chiefs)

Alge Crumpler (or keep him for a trade to get more draft picks) (Seahawks)

Warrick Dunn (Colts)

Kynan Forney (Detroit)

Wayne Gandy (Retirement)

Todd Weiner (NY Jets)

Brian Finneran (Texans)

Rod Coleman (Titans)

Keith Brooking (Dolphins)

Joey Harrington (Burger King or Bears)

We need to clean house and started over again, and if we are going to follow the Patroits blueprint then it is going to happen.

Ditto that list you made.

I think the cuts will probably be from the following list:

Defense

W. Evans

T. Anderson

C. Vaughan

E. Everett

DJ Gaddis

? Sanders?

?Lowe?

Offense

Weems

Elliot

Ojinnako

Dahl

McCoy

T. Pennington

Quarterman?

That is 14 and does not touch any 1st or 2nd stringer plus leaves all QBs and the following 3/4 Stringers in tact:

D. Patterson

T. Williams

A. Harris

Datish

Milner

Cooper

Finneran

Also it does not cut any of last years draft group of 10.

My point is I don't think cutting just 12 players will get to players like Dunn, Horn, Crumpler, Brookings and the QBs YET some of those may come later.

delaigle (2/14/2008)
I think the cuts will probably be from the following list:

Defense

W. Evans

T. Anderson

C. Vaughan

E. Everett

DJ Gaddis

? Sanders?

?Lowe?

Offense

Weems

Elliot

Ojinnako

Dahl

McCoy

T. Pennington

Quarterman?

That is 14 and does not touch any 1st or 2nd stringer plus leaves all QBs and the following 3/4 Stringers in tact:

D. Patterson

T. Williams

A. Harris

Datish

Milner

Cooper

Finneran

Also it does not cut any of last years draft group of 10.

My point is I don't think cutting just 12 players will get to players like Dunn, Horn, Crumpler, Brookings and the QBs YET some of those may come later.

those are training camp bodys...they are costing us nothing

This would be my first day cutts

Brooking (Rework Contract) If not release

Dunn (Release)

Gandy (Retire)

Horn (Release)

Coleman (Release)

Ojinnaka (Release)

Forney (Release)

Milloy (Release)

Sanders (Release)

Crocker (UFA)

D. Williams (UFA)

Batiste (Release)

Anderson (Release)

Andersen (Retire)

Blakley (Release)

Leftwich (Release)

Stanley (Release)

Culain (2/14/2008)

Dunn (Release)

Gandy (Retire)

Horn (Release)

Coleman (Release)

Ojinnaka (Release)

Forney (Release)

Milloy (Release)

Sanders (Release)

Crocker (UFA)

D. Williams (UFA)

Batiste (Release)

Anderson (Release)

Andersen (Retire)

Blakley (Release)

Leftwich (Release)

Stanley (Release)

WOW ...... YOU AIN'T PLAYING AROUND.....:w00t:

Culain (2/14/2008)

Dunn (Release)

Gandy (Retire)

Horn (Release)

Coleman (Release)

Ojinnaka (Release)

Forney (Release)

Milloy (Release)

Sanders (Release)

Crocker (UFA)

D. Williams (UFA)

Batiste (Release)

Anderson (Release)

Andersen (Retire)

Blakley (Release)

Leftwich (Release)

Stanley (Release)

I agree. There's nobody on this list that can't be replaced with someone cheaper who could produce as much as they did last year.

Culain (2/14/2008)

Dunn (Release)

Gandy (Retire)

Horn (Release)

Coleman (Release)

Ojinnaka (Release)

Forney (Release)

Milloy (Release)

Sanders (Release)

Crocker (UFA)

D. Williams (UFA)

Batiste (Release)

Anderson (Release)

Andersen (Retire)

Blakley (Release)

Leftwich (Release)

Stanley (Release)

Some of those guys have some serious trade value, though. Why cut Dunn when we may be able to package him with a draft pick to a team with a need at running back, and get their competent back up as a potential starter? Here's a few: Indianapolis has Jim Sorgi behind Manning, who, like Favre, doesn't miss a game or even a play, they could use Dunn and we could use Sorgi. Speaking of Favre, if he comes back, Aaron Rodgers becomes somewhat expendable, and Green Bay needs a veteran running back. If we gave them Dunn and a second rounder, they could pick up a new guy to warm the bench behind Favre for another year or two. Then there's Dimitroff's old team. Matt Cassell is probably someone Dimitroff could be eyeing in trade, and the Pats could use Dunn to compliment Maroney. I think that those are three viable scenarios where we could dump Dunn and his cap hit and still get something for him. I see him as a deal sweetener.

Then I propose a trade for Detroit's Roy Williams by offering Lawyer Milloy, Kynan Forney, and a low round draft pick. To me, that seems like a completely win-win scenario. Hey, as long as we're thinking of cutting these guys, let's put them ALL together and see what we can still get for them. Obviously some guys are untradable, and they will be outright cut or released, but some of them have some actual value to other teams trying to fix their own problems.

falconchef (2/14/2008)

Some of those guys have some serious trade value, though. Why cut Dunn when we may be able to package him with a draft pick to a team with a need at running back, and get their competent back up as a potential starter? Here's a few: Indianapolis has Jim Sorgi behind Manning, who, like Favre, doesn't miss a game or even a play, they could use Dunn and we could use Sorgi. Speaking of Favre, if he comes back, Aaron Rodgers becomes somewhat expendable, and Green Bay needs a veteran running back. If we gave them Dunn and a second rounder, they could pick up a new guy to warm the bench behind Favre for another year or two. Then there's Dimitroff's old team. Matt Cassell is probably someone Dimitroff could be eyeing in trade, and the Pats could use Dunn to compliment Maroney. I think that those are three viable scenarios where we could dump Dunn and his cap hit and still get something for him. I see him as a deal sweetener.

Then I propose a trade for Detroit's Roy Williams by offering Lawyer Milloy, Kynan Forney, and a low round draft pick. To me, that seems like a completely win-win scenario. Hey, as long as we're thinking of cutting these guys, let's put them ALL together and see what we can still get for them. Obviously some guys are untradable, and they will be outright cut or released, but some of them have some actual value to other teams trying to fix their own problems.

That will probably be the case for a few, and should definitely be considered. There's not really that many who we could use as trade bait though. Overall, I think this is a pretty good list.

I am all for cleaning house. But some of you guys have lists that would cut about half the roster. What kind of cap hits are associated with some of your cuts. I think that needs to be factored into every cut. The rebuilding process is going to take a couple of seasons, it doesn't make sense to cut half the team now if there is going to be a lot of dead money next season.