Reuters is reporting that Bonds failed steroid test in 2001

marvinthemartian (2/14/2008)
Sorry I did not get the link. I saw it at www.foxnews.com and they had a link on their site to Reuters where the article was actually posted.

It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be true or not.

Well I will be a monkey's uncle!!

Actually this does have a cover-up feel to it..

Commish needs to step down if this is true..Put Pete Rose in the Hall Of Fame!!!!!

Suppo81 (2/14/2008)
Well, there goes the argument for the few out there who claim there's no proof of a failed test. The sad thing is MLB probably knew about this failed test and didn't say a word.

So for the Bonds' apologists, what's the next excuse? The steroid test was rigged?

Bonds said he never knowingly took steroids. The failed test will make MLB look bad more than it proves anything about Bonds. I think we all know that Bonds used steroids, whether he knew what they were or not. The Bonds apologists shouldn't care about this report.

ty down (2/14/2008)
I'll weigh the evidence after it's been presented.

Freakin noobs posted in the forum.

Not sure what "Freakin Noobs" you are referring to, but I have been here since about 2000. Cap has been here at least that long and I think RedBlack has also......

Yea I know..I been posting on these boards for about 5 years now..

Some of have changed internet providers since original joining of forums and lost post counts..Some folks have to act like jerks..

ty down (2/14/2008)

Not sure what "Freakin Noobs" you are referring to, but I have been here since about 2000. Cap has been here at least that long and I think RedBlack has also......

Where did you post this.

ty down (2/14/2008)
ty down (2/14/2008)

Where did you post this.

Not sure what you mean by that.....I am nowhere near being classified as a NOOB

ty down (2/14/2008)
ty down (2/14/2008)

Where did you post this.

Look I have nothing personal against you, rules are in place to make life and pleasure easier.

If you posted this in the wrong forum ok your a noob, because you don't know the rules.

I see your offended by use of word noob so I won't direct the word toward you.

ty down (2/14/2008)
ty down (2/14/2008)
ty down (2/14/2008)

Where did you post this.

Look I have nothing personal against you, rules are in place to make life and pleasure easier.

If you posted this in the wrong forum ok your a noob, because you don't know the rules.

I see your offended by use of word noob so I won't direct the word toward you.

Last time I checked Barry Bonds does not play football..So I guess that means Anything But Football is the right forum..

capologist (2/14/2008)
Let's see: Bonds, Anything But Football....hmm This is where I would have posted it too...

If this was posted in abf than marvin I apologize. I have been hawkin the boards all day and saw a post that had several replies and assumed it must have been moved. Once again I apologize! I quoted cappy as he is proof you posted here.

ty down (2/14/2008)

If this was posted in abf than marvin I apologize. I have been hawkin the boards all day and saw a post that had several replies and assumed it must have been moved. Once again I apologize! I quoted cappy as he is proof you posted here.

You are a good man Charlie Brown! (and you've got a sense of humor too!):D

capologist (2/14/2008)
ty down (2/14/2008)

You are a good man Charlie Brown! (and you've got a sense of humor too!):D

I appreciate you admitting your mistake. The world (and these boards) would be a better place if we all did that more often, myself included. Apology completely accepted. All is well:)

This story has been recanted. Nice try though....

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A typo in court papers regarding Barry Bonds filed late Thursday by federal prosecutors touched off a brief tempest over the mistaken belief that he failed a drug test in November 2001, one month after breaking the home run record.

In fact, the government meant to reference a previously reported November 2000 failed drug test, U.S. attorney spokesman Josh Eaton said. That drug test was included in the indictment unsealed last year, when prosecutors said the test was for a player they called "Barry B."

The mistake prompted at least one erroneous report that was quickly posted to Web sites around the country.

The filing amounted to federal prosecutors defending their questioning of Bonds before a grand jury, and urging a judge to keep the slugger's perjury prosecution on track.

Bonds had argued that the questions posed to him by prosecutors were ambiguous and confusing. He demanded that the five-count indictment charging him with lying to a grand jury be tossed out. Bonds has pleaded not guilty.

In the filing, prosecutors said Bonds was specifically told before he began testifying in 2003 that he could consult with his lawyers or ask for a question rephrased if he ever got confused.

"Bonds never said he was confused or asked the prosecutor to rephrase a question," the government's filing stated.

Instead, they said their questions left no doubt that they were asking Bonds about his drug use and his relationship with personal trainer Greg Anderson.

Prosecutors said "as the evidence at trial will show, each count charges that Bonds repeatedly lied in answering the same question or questions on the same subject matter."

The matter will be the subject of a court hearing Feb. 29.

In a related proceeding, Anderson and BALCO founder Victor Conte are expected in court Friday for a hearing on whether they can keep all the evidence prosecutors turned over to them from the government's investigation of steroids in sports. Federal prosecutors want the two convicted steroids dealers to return the documents.

Not surprised by this in the slightest...however, I'm not sure how this affects Bonds' and his records in baseball, as this positive test occurred BEFORE MLB began testing for steroids...It's potentially devestating evidence against Bonds for his perjury trial...not so much so in his argument against those that would see his records stripped. Not sure how this will impact the HOF for him, considering I seriously doubted that he would be a first ballot HOF'er inductee anyways...based on McGwire's status, I doubt that Bonds would've gotten in before his 5 or 6th ballot, if at all...;)