South Carolina RB Cory Boyd said he runs a 4.46

atljbo

RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina

JB: What are your current measurables such as height, weight, 40, and bench reps?

Cory: I am 6 0, 216 pounds, run a 4.46, and 23 rep.

JB: How did you end up at South Carolina?

Cory: I had a good recruiting coach who helped me realize SC was a good place to help me grow and get a good education.

JB: You have had some baggage in your past, talk about that and how you feel it should be viewed by teams today.

Cory: Everyone makes mistakes, I have learned the hard way from my mistakes. They have helped me to grow as a man and an individual. I will be judged by my mistakes but my mistakes are what I have done not who I am. When giving the opportunity, I will prove differently.

JB: Where have you been training?

Cory: Perfect Competition in Davie, Florida.

JB: What do you want to work on most before the draft?

Cory: My Breakaway Speed.

JB: Who else is training with you?

Cory: Kevin Smith, Matt Forte, Kellen Davis, Dan O'Connor, Devin Thomas, Antoine Cason, and Andre Caldwell.

JB: What do you feel are your biggest strengths on the field?

Cory: My vision and catching ability.

JB: What are your biggest weaknesses on the field?

Cory: Finishing my blocks.

JB: Do you have any players on your team who you feel will be solid N.F.L. prospects next year?

Cory: Kenny McKinley and Jasper Brinkley.

JB: Which teams have shown the most interest in you so far?

Cory: It s too early to tell in the draft process. I am ready to play for whoever drafts me.

JB: Do you have any expectations on draft day such as a round or team?

Cory: It'll be a dream come true and an honor and privilege to hear my name called.

JB: What are your future goals outside of playing in the N.F.L?

Cory: To help fulfill my mothers dreams. She always wanted to open her own recreational center and I am going to do it for her.

It's strange. A lot of sites have him projected as a 5th or sixth rounder. A couple have him as high as the third round.

I'm a Gamecock fan so I'm high on Boyd. Boyd is the only the second South Carolina player ever to gain 1000 yards both rushing and receiving in a career. He split carries with Mike Davis and every time Boyd was in there he fought for the tough yards.

I would love for him to be a Falcon. I think he has a lot of upside.

40 time really is overrated.

TO ran a 4.6...and he is one of the fastest people, still, in the NFL. Take last season, when he caught up and passed Patrick Crayton after Crayton caught a long pass.

Then someone like Matt Jones or Michael Jenkins runs a sub 4.4 and looks like they are running with backpacks full of bricks.

And Tim Dwight ran a 4.6 in pre-draft workouts...and he was/probably still is one of the fastest guys in the NFL.

atljbo (2/14/2008)
im just saying...look at the guy play....he is not a burner but he is fast plus he is the best receiving RB in the draft...his receiving ability is like kevin faulk no lie.....Boyd will be a good RB

I live in SC and I would love to see Cory Boyd drafted by the Falcons. The kid never quits. He runs hard ever play and he gets the tough yards, first contact very rarely brought him down.

atljbo (2/14/2008)
im just saying...look at the guy play....he is not a burner but he is fast plus he is the best receiving RB in the draft...his receiving ability is like kevin faulk no lie.....Boyd will be a good RB

hmmmm......sounds awfully familiar. :D

boyd is my pick for runningback and has been for some time now. He's the best receiver in this year's runningback class by far. He has game speed, shiftiness, and can move the pile as well. at 6'0' 215, there is room for bulking up. he's gonna be special.

They clock your 40 with no pads on.

Some guys slow down a lot once they get the gear on.

I have seen that kid play.

I bet he isn't one bit slower with the pads on.

They really should have the combine runs done with pads on.

Then you would get a real "Pad" speed.

Of course, everyone would just wear Kicker or QB pads to keep the weight down......