Romney to endorse McCain: Life sucks for Rush and Hannity right now.

Ramen

Mitt Romney Will Endorse John McCain

Feb 14 02:53 PM US/Eastern

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Republican campaign dropout Mitt Romney agreed Thursday to endorse Sen. John McCain and asked his national convention delegates to swing behind the party front-runner, according to officials familiar with the decision.

Romney collected 280 delegates during his run through the early primaries and caucuses. If enough of them switch, McCain could quickly reach the total of 1,191 needed to clinch the nomination.

The officials who disclosed Romney's plans did so on condition of anonymity. A formal announcement was expected later in the day.

The former Massachusetts governor dropped out of the race last week after it became apparent that toppling McCain would be near impossible given his lead in the hunt for convention delegates.

Romney made his decision on Thursday, one official said. The endorsement came together quickly.

Romney's campaign notified McCain's camp after Romney made the decision, and McCain's campaign adjusted its campaign schedule to fly to Boston to accept the endorsement because the senator was campaigning in nearby Rhode Island.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The more important fact is he's asking his delegates to support McCain. If they do, that will give McCain over 1,100 delegates and just shy of the 1,191.

This is also bad news for Hillary Clinton because the sooner the republican race ends, the better the chance of republicans changing their registration in these later contests in open primaries to vote against her. That's one reason I think she's going to lose in Texas.

Suppo81 (2/14/2008)
The more important fact is he's asking his delegates to support McCain. If they do, that will give McCain over 1,100 delegates and just shy of the 1,191.

This is also bad news for Hillary Clinton because the sooner the republican race ends, the better the chance of republicans changing their registration in these later contests in open primaries to vote against her. That's one reason I think she's going to lose in Texas.

I would think that republicans would want Hillary to win the nomination. She would be much easier to beat than Obama.

octoslash (2/14/2008)
gritzblitz56 (2/14/2008)
Who else would he endorse?

When the Obama/Hillary bar fight is over, the loser will endorse the winner there as well.

For real......

I'm beginning to think a lot of people around here have never seen a national election.

This isn't about the candidates in the race, it's about the blowhard talk radio hosts like Rush and Hannity and Man Coulter who were making statements that Romney was the ONLY conservative running, that they could NEVER support McCain, that having McCain would DESTROY the Republican Party, and so forth.

Those people have egg all over their face because now their "true conservative" went out and supported the "liberal" winner who will "destroy' the party. They're going to have to carry McCain's water after going so far out on that limb. Makes them look like a bunch of tools.

Steve_Bartkowski (2/14/2008)
If Romney's delegates to go McCain then Huck will surely drop out.

He'll drop out just as soon as he's done vacationing...I mean campaigning in the Caribbean. ;)

Actually, I don't blame Huckabee. If I could get a free trip to the Caribbean I'd take it in a heartbeat.

gritzblitz56 (2/14/2008)

I would think that republicans would want Hillary to win the nomination. She would be much easier to beat than Obama.

Easier? Yes. A slam dunk? No. And unless it was a slam dunk, they want to keep Hillary as far away from a shot at the White House as they can.

You look at these news shows, and it's like republicans are rooting for Obama. And I think it's the same reason liberals are kinda rooting for McCain. THey're two guys that even though they won't support for and won't vote for, they respect them and like them on a personal level.

gritzblitz56 (2/14/2008)
The only thing that would make life suck for Limbaugh and Hannity were if people stopped listening to them.

True dat. I sometimes forget that they don't believe the stuff they spout on the air, which means they're happy so long as there is drama.

Suppo81 (2/14/2008)
gritzblitz56 (2/14/2008)

Easier? Yes. A slam dunk? No. And unless it was a slam dunk, they want to keep Hillary as far away from a shot at the White House as they can.

You look at these news shows, and it's like republicans are rooting for Obama. And I think it's the same reason liberals are kinda rooting for McCain. THey're two guys that even though they won't support for and won't vote for, they respect them and like them on a personal level.

Because republicans have had 16 years of hating Hillary and anytime she goes down is good. But Obama is young, likable, a good speaker (he doesn't say anything but sounds really good saying it), and he doesn't have a long voting record to use against him.

If he wins the nomination, he will win the presidency.

They just had the Huckabee campaign manager on, and if you read between the lines, it sounds like Huckabee's goal was to finish 2nd in the delegate count. He was still 41 shy of Romney. Now with Romney possibly giving his delegates to McCain, Huckabee has 2nd place sewn up.

I still wonder how a hypocritical drug addict like Rush still has a show and so many brain dead followers. This is the same guy that has a no tolerance agenda on drug use yet illegally abused prescription drugs. What the **** is wrong with people that follow this idiot?

swanlee (2/14/2008)
I still wonder how a hypocritical drug addict like Rush still has a show and so many brain dead followers. This is the same guy that has a no tolerance agenda on drug use yet illegally abused prescription drugs. What the **** is wrong with people that follow this idiot?

FWIW (and I do understand and sympathize with your point), Rush has a bunch of listeners, but not all are "followers." Certainly he has a lot of those, too, but everyone who listens is not a "follower."

I listen to Rush on occasion. I also listen to Bill Press.

I follow neither.

JDaveG (2/14/2008)

FWIW (and I do understand and sympathize with your point), Rush has a bunch of listeners, but not all are "followers." Certainly he has a lot of those, too, but everyone who listens is not a "follower."

I follow neither.

what do you call the people that believe the BS talking points that he spews?

thesouphead (2/14/2008)
JDaveG (2/14/2008)

I follow neither.

what do you call the people that believe the BS talking points that he spews?

sheep.jpg