AAAAAHHH!!! WHERE IS McFADDEN?

TGeezy

TGeezy (2/14/2008)
NFL Network's Mike Mayock does not have DMac in his top 20! Tell me this doesn't concern you!

Doesn't concern me whatsover... just reiterates what i have been saying over and over... Mcfadden has no vision... no ability to follow his blockers... and does not have AP speed... although he is fast... hes not exceptionally fast like Felix Jones.... He also does not break tackles consistently... He does give that ESPN highlight stiff arm every once in a while though

Mayock is just a talking head. His board has no impact on the draft. I think the Falcons get one of the following. There are some lower rated players b/c there is a chance we could move down, but only a couple of spots. No particular order. I think Jake Long is off the board before we pick. I think there is an outside chance we could get a right defensive end to replace Abraham (in 2 or 3 seasons) who turns 30 this year. There is no real depth as a pass rushing end behind him.

1. Matt Ryan

2. Ryan Clady

3. Rashard Mendenhall

4. Jonathan Stewart

5. Darren McFadden

6. Sederick Ellis

7. Glen Dorsey

8. Vernon Gholston

9. Derrick Harvey

Let's see, MacFadden's not in the top 20. Let me say this. MacFadden was the first freshman since Herschal Walker in 1980 to top 1000 yards in rushing in the SEC. Followed that up with not one but two runner up finishes in the Heisman Trophy. Not to mention had over a 100 yards against Dorsey & Co. in the LSU game. Had over 1700 yards rushing in the best conference in college football. And he did that while sharing the backfield with Felix Jones. If that isn't an elite prospect then I don't know what one is.

ftwfalconsfan (2/14/2008)
Let's see, MacFadden's not in the top 20. Let me say this. MacFadden was the first freshman since Herschal Walker in 1980 to top 1000 yards in rushing in the SEC. Followed that up with not one but two runner up finishes in the Heisman Trophy. Not to mention had over a 100 yards against Dorsey & Co. in the LSU game. Had over 1700 yards rushing in the best conference in college football. And he did that while sharing the backfield with Felix Jones. If that isn't an elite prospect then I don't know what one is.

Not just over 100 yards vs Dorsey and company but he had over 200 YARDs rushing. And vs an LSU defense with a couple more NFL prospects last year, he had 180+.

The guy is a freaking beast.

The notion that he doesn't have Adrian Peterson speed is ridiculous. He may not break tackles or have the lateral agility and balance of an AP. But to say he doesn't have AP speed is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard regarding Darren McFadden.

This guy has sick timed speed as well as football speed. His acceleration is what really makes that speed stand out. His acceleration is 2nd to none which is why he has gone UNTOUCHED so many times to the endzone.

People say it's because his Oline is so amazing. Yeah an Oline can spring you to the 2nd level of a defense

It's not OTs and OGs in the third level of a defense. It's just McFadden with such a ridiculous shift of gears that he gets to the 3rd level of a defense before those DBs can even turn their hips and attempt to chase him.

dhrone (2/14/2008)
hahaha. i am going to bookmark this and bump it back up next Jan.

The same thing happened with Peterson last year. A ton of folks were down on him. I've seen exactly three tip their cap on the subject. Opinion trolls have a tendency to forget about the guys they slander the instant they're proven wrong.

jidady (2/14/2008)
dhrone (2/14/2008)

The same thing happened with Peterson last year. A ton of folks were down on him. I've seen exactly three tip their cap on the subject. Opinion trolls have a tendency to forget about the guys they slander the instant they're proven wrong.

That's exactly right. My biggest beef is when people judge a player when they haven't even seen him play.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed when folks make a statement then pretend like it never happened after the fact. A lot of people disappear or start a new user ID each draft season. That Malk kid was so anti-Peterson that he acted like the guy beat up his father, molested his mother and kicked his puppy on the way out the door. He didn't mention the player once during the season...for obvious reasons.

It's a shame, too. When you disagree with people is when you find out a lot about their football intellect. I am not sure Bus Boy and I agreed on a player in 2004 or 2005 (I remember a lot of debates about Kiwanuka, Hali, and Jimmy Williams among others), but I was always deeply impressed by how he came up with his own opinions rather than regurgitating those of others. The past couple of years during the college season, when he's had something to say about a player, I've paid attention for that reason.

It's pretty easy to tell who has watched these guys play vs. who is taking YouTube shortcuts.

TGeezy (2/14/2008)
NFL Network's Mike Mayock does not have DMac in his top 20! Tell me this doesn't concern you!

would be happy if we got mcfadden.. but i want jake long with the 1st pick.. im tired of seeing our qbs on thier backs ever play.. especially if were going to bring in a new QB within a few yrs we want a foundation with a good line so he wont be the next david carr

jidady (2/14/2008)
dhrone (2/14/2008)

Don't forget the absolutely hostile debate around Landry and Nelson. Some folks swore Landry couldn't tackle a fat kid at Golden Corral.