Raiders out of running for McFadden

swiftkick

Justin Fargas emerged as the Raiders best offensive player after starting the 2007 season as a backup before a knee injury cut his season short.

Fargas was outstanding at times but more importantly was a consistent force and finished with 1,009 yards.

Fargas is a favorite of Al Davis, who loves the speed and quickness that Fargas brings to the offense. After what Fargas did this past season, it would have been hard to believe the organization had changed its feelings.

With the Raiders now holding four quality backs under contract, Arkansas running back Darren McFadden would appear to be out of the equation with the Raiders top pick.

Raider-Smoke

Cough*Cough*Cough*

These smoke-reports are beginning way early this season.. I guess it is because of The Coin-Flip..

My Opinion: The Raiders need DT Ellis or Dorsey or DE/UT Long more, but they would still probably draft McFadden. It would be a tought choice for them, and I believe tha tthey are preparing their fans for passing on DTs/Long or McFadden.

brendyne (2/14/2008)
rev_hal (2/14/2008)
McFadden is still available, I say we trade down to the Cowboys. We need more picks, and the Cowboys have 2 in the 1st round.

I agree, unless the top o-line prospect is still on the board, or Sedrick Ellis. I don't want Ryan or DMac.

I'm only taking that trade if and only if AND ONLY IF Marion Barber included and we get a second this year and a first next year. Otherwise trading down makes zero sense. Trading down for two lower picks makes no sense.

For the life of me I can't understand the love fest for McFadden. The guy has the body of a wide receiver and he just runs right by everyone, which he's not going to be able to do in the NFL. He runs standing straight up, much like Norwood MINUS the shifty moves and crazy quick feet. Why not just let Norwood get his shot. Him and McFadden are basically the same exact player.

showyouright (2/14/2008)
brendyne (2/14/2008)
rev_hal (2/14/2008)
McFadden is still available, I say we trade down to the Cowboys. We need more picks, and the Cowboys have 2 in the 1st round.

I agree, unless the top o-line prospect is still on the board, or Sedrick Ellis. I don't want Ryan or DMac.

I'm only taking that trade if and only if AND ONLY IF Marion Barber included and we get a second this year and a first next year. Otherwise trading down makes zero sense. Trading down for two lower picks makes no sense.

So you want a pro bowl RB, two first rounders and a second round this year and a 1st rounder next year? For one pick. I doubt Jerry Jones is THAT stupid.