NOTICABLE THINGS?

bigpoon

Alan Faneca, G

Pittsburgh Steelers Homework on Faneca Feb. 13: According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the Bears have been doing their homework on seven-time Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca. Given the contracts guards Steve Hutchinson and Eric Steinbach signed during the last two offseasons, it might cost upward of $7 million per season to land the former Steeler. Faneca, 31, earned $3.375 million in base salary in the final year of his contract in Pittsburgh

Chris Redman, QB

Atlanta Falcons QB questions Feb. 13: All signs point to the Atlanta Falcons wanting to keep Chris Redman, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Redman's late-season play may draw interest from other teams around the league, meaning the Falcons might have to add another year or pay more than anticipated in a new contract. Redman signed a one-year deal with the Falcons last offseason

Mike Wahl, G

Free Agent Headed to Seattle Feb. 13: The Seattle Times reports that veteran guard Mike Wahl was on his way to Seattle Tuesday to visit the Seahawks. Wahl, 30, was released by Carolina on Monday. The 10-year veteran can speak to the Seahawks before the start of free agency on Feb. 29 because he was released and does not have an expiring contract.

somethings going to happen for us early.....................

atljbo (2/13/2008)
they will have to look over our roster before they make any cuts

I've been thinking about that too. Forgive my ignorance, but how do they go about that about this time of the season? I mean, is it all game film I'm assuming? Possibly meeting with guys & stuff, but nobodys anywhere practicing or anything right?

atljbo (2/13/2008)
they will have to look over our roster before they make any cuts

that's already happening as we speak.tommorrow, your liable to wake up and see your favorite player gone.but believe me, before the combines and during the combines room will be made...........

bigpoon (2/14/2008)
A boss check this list out and let me know who'd you like for us to pick -up?

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...lnid=83&yr=2008

this is a pretty good list. i have to bookmark it for later lol. well this is who i saw and i think would be pretty realistic at getting:

first of all we have to re-sign boley and koenan and get them off of that list!

that being said i like chris brown from tennessee. he is a powerful runner but i would only take him on a 1 year deal and really cheap just to test him out and see what he can do.

i would take a look at andre davis from houston at a cheap price and i would probably sign him to a 2-3 year deal. he could possibly be our 3rd or 4th reciever/ kick and punt returner.

i would take faneca from the steelers assuming i could afford him. he could also probably help out and mentor our younger lineman.

and if, just if albert haynesworh slipped out of tennessee i would pick him up so fast people wouldnt even know he was a FA.

bossFALCON (2/14/2008)
bigpoon (2/14/2008)

this is a pretty good list. i have to bookmark it for later lol. well this is who i saw and i think would be pretty realistic at getting:

that being said i like chris brown from tennessee. he is a powerful runner but i would only take him on a 1 year deal and really cheap just to test him out and see what he can do.

i would take a look at andre davis from houston at a cheap price and i would probably sign him to a 2-3 year deal. he could possibly be our 3rd or 4th reciever/ kick and punt returner.

i would take faneca from the steelers assuming i could afford him. he could also probably help out and mentor our younger lineman.

and if, just if albert haynesworh slipped out of tennessee i would pick him up so fast people wouldnt even know he was a FA.

only one i wouldn't like,chris brown.ihs career is full of injuries,not to reliable in my book.and why you wouldn't like to get jordan gross at the l.t..

bigpoon (2/14/2008)
bossFALCON (2/14/2008)
bigpoon (2/14/2008)

only one i wouldn't like,chris brown.ihs career is full of injuries,not to reliable in my book.and why you wouldn't like to get jordan gross at the l.t..

yea i would definitely pick up gross. he hasnt missed a single play this year and can play left and right tackle. thats a steal, plus it would feel so good to rub it in on the panthers twice a year! nothing like stealing a division opponents player!

bossFALCON (2/14/2008)
bigpoon (2/14/2008)
bossFALCON (2/14/2008)
bigpoon (2/14/2008)

yea i would definitely pick up gross. he hasnt missed a single play this year and can play left and right tackle. thats a steal, plus it would feel so good to rub it in on the panthers twice a year! nothing like stealing a division opponents player!

you took the words right out my mouth..