I never heard of this guy, but Hasselbeck talked him up on Sirius Radio

etherdome

I was listening to the Afternoon Blitz on Sirius Radio today. Solomon Wilcots hosts the show with some obnoxious radio guy. However, the other guy is on vacation and Matt Hasselbecks's brother is subbing for him. I think his name is Tim Hasselbeck. For purposes of this discussion, I'll call him Tim.

Tim was discussing the hidden gems at QB in the NFL. He cited guys like Garcia, Romo, Garrard and Brady as examples of unknowns that step in and produce at a high level. He mentioned one guy that has bounced around the league (Seattle, Europe, Miami and Buffalo) and has flown under the radar.

He went on to say that his brother, Matt, felt that this guy presented a real threat to usurp him as starter. I had never heard of this guy.....never. Here is a short write up on him from the Bills' website. I can't say whether he could succeed as a starter, but in our situation, would it hurt to sign him?

Gibran Hamdan

PRO: Signed by the Bills to the practice squad (9/26/07) after being released by Miami (9/1/07) where he spent training camp and the preseason& Signed by the Dolphins (2/6/07) from the Seahawks' practice squad who released and re-signed him to their practice squad (12/6/06)& Signed by Seattle as a free agent (10/24/06) from the 49ers practice squad who signed him (9/3/06), a day after being waived by San Francisco (9/2/06)& Claimed off waivers by Seattle (8/29/06) after being waved by the Seahawks (8/28/06)& Allocated to NFL Europa by Seattle (1/27/06)& Waived by the Seahawks (9/3/05) after signing with Seattle (2/2/05) and allocated to NFL Europa& Originally entered the NFL as a seventh round draft choice (232nd overall) of Washington in 2003.

NFL EUROPA: Played in NFL Europa from 2004-06. In 2006, with Amsterdam, led the league in passing as he completed 102 of 162 passes (63.0%) for 1,629 yards with 12 touchdowns and three interceptions.

So, does anyone know anything about this guy?