What is the craziest thing you have ever witnessed?

tipp78

I know alot of you have seen some crazy stuff in your day. I dont care if it was weird violent or awesome just share it!

-I guess I'll start

I have seen 2 planes crash...I personnally think thats crazy, most people will go a lifetime w/o seeing a plane crash (not like you would want too). The first plane I saw crash was in Alaska when I was 6, It was a white Cessna that flying really low overhead. I remember seeing it slam into the the trees and dissappear, and all I heard was a bang. My dad was one of the first people at the crash site, and he told me the cockpit was covered in red....The pilot was carrying alot of ketchup for some reason and it exploded during the crash...The pilot for the most part was fine;)

The second crash was in Idaho at an Airshow. I'm sure you have all heard about the thunderbirds. We'll maybe 5 mintutes into the show, one of the pilots flew directly over the runway and did some sort of backflip manuever. While he was in the air my dad (Retired Air Force maintenance engineer) said "his afterburners are still on" I asked him if that was a bad thing...Before I could get an answer the F-16 slammed into the ground in a massive fireball that streaked down the side of the runway for maybe 300-400 yards and the engine came shooting out at the very end. It all happened so fast we thought the pilot was dead, but maybe 100 feet before he hit the ground he ejected, it happened so quick we didnt even see it! O yea you can probably see the video on youtube.

Anyways those are a few of my stories can anyone top that!?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 15 I saw a meteorite that was absolutely HUGE. It streaked across the sky slowly in a fireball for maybe 10 seconds, barely made a noise. It was amazing. I kept expecting something to be on the news about it but nothing was. A few weeks later the news reported some guy in North GA with severe radiation poisoning and that the govt was quarantining a site near his house. My guess was that I saw something govt issue fall out of the sky, and that guy found it, then the govt covered it up.

kicker23 (2/13/2008)
When I was 15 I saw a meteorite that was absolutely HUGE. It streaked across the sky slowly in a fireball for maybe 10 seconds, barely made a noise. It was amazing. I kept expecting something to be on the news about it but nothing was. A few weeks later the news reported some guy in North GA with severe radiation poisoning and that the govt was quarantining a site near his house. My guess was that I saw something govt issue fall out of the sky, and that guy found it, then the govt covered it up.

I'm not gonna lie man, thats some pretty crazy stuff. Goverment conspiracy, and you witnessed it...If a black van pulls up by your house RUN!

tipp78 (2/13/2008)
backnblack (2/13/2008)
I saw the Falcons beat the Vikings in Minneapolis in January of 1999.

We're you actually at the game or what? That was a pretty sick game, but I wasnt really into the Falcons back then...forgive me!

I was there. Also saw us beat Green Bay in 02. OTOH, I saw us get whipped twice in Philly and the first time--at the Vet--I thought I might get mugged and wind up in the hospital.:w00t:

When I was a teenager living in the Nashville area we lived on a hill that was kind of like the upper edge of a cereal bowl....you know, the lower part of the valley was like the bottom of the cereal bowl...Well, one stormy spring afternoon I was out on our front porch looking out across the valley....Just then a fairly large tornado came up over the top of the hill across the way (opposite top edge of the cereal bowl). The tornado was white because it hadn't sucked up any debris yet. I saw a roof from a house torn off and sucked up into the twister. It bounced down the hill. Just as I was getting ready to go inside I saw the thing jump back up into the clouds. It passed over the top of our house up in the clouds.

It was awesome.

about a year ago, I was in the passenger seat of a car in the freeway, look to my right and a cars bumper is dragging. then all of a sudden, I see the car change lanes, and its back tire sucks the bumper in and the cars flips 3 or 4 times into the offramp. pretty freaky stuff.

also speaking of fathers, when I was probably somewhere between 7-10, was at a pizza joint playing an arcade game when all of a sudden, my dad comes behind me, and I hear a big glass break. two big guys, looked like bikers got in a fight and threw the tables which hit their chandeleir or whatever it was. understandable as it was a 49er dallas game in the 90's. the funniest part is a cop was there, little thin guy who just stood there and did nothing,

Ronald loves the falcons (2/13/2008)
My grandma said that once she was on a train with my dad, there was a guy tied to the track with his neck on the rail and that the train cut his head off and that the man stood up and walked around then fell down.

We'll it looks like he'll never be the "head" of a major organization ahahahaha.......

nothing? :blink:

Anyways thou thats insane and weird as **** at the same time, that would haunt me for a long time.

I've been alive a while, so I'm havin' a lil trouble remembering some things. ;)

A couple:

In 1975, I was like 12-13, and I was hanging out down by a lake near our house w/a friend of mine. We saw a hot air baloon off in the distance and watched it getting closer to where we were. I lived in a fairly mountainous region, and we couldn't think of where there were any big fields or a place for this thing to be heading for, except the golf course. It got lower & lower in the sky and eventually you could tell they were in trouble. At first we thought he was trying to land near a small grassy spot near the lake, and he may have been, but he ended up about 50 ft. off the shoreline and landed in the water. And it didn't come down slow when they got close - it kind of dropped. Enough so that the basket went almost completely underwater. One dude fell out of the basket on the first impact, then it kind of bounced a couple of times and the other 2 jumped in the water while the baloon and the basket started going in the water. They all made it to the shore, but we were on the other side of the lake, so we didn't get to talk to them & find out what happened.

Weird thing is - my sister, her husband, and a baloon pilot all died in a hot air baloon crash 14 years later.

Another time a little more recently, I was driving down Macland Road in Powder Springs before they widened it to 4 lanes, and the car up aways ahead of me started weaving all over and ended up driving off the right side of the road into a ditch. I couldn't see anything initially that would have caused that, but as I got up closer, the airbag on the driver's side was inflated, and dude apparently had gotten hit, was dazed and couldn't see anything for the bag in the window. That was probably '90-91 maybe?

Even w/these 2 stories, I'm still pretty sure I'd trade them both to see a monkey knife fight. :D

tipp78 (2/13/2008)
Ronald loves the falcons (2/13/2008)
My grandma said that once she was on a train with my dad, there was a guy tied to the track with his neck on the rail and that the train cut his head off and that the man stood up and walked around then fell down.

We'll it looks like he'll never be the "head" of a major organization ahahahaha.......

nothing? :blink:

Anyways thou thats insane and weird as **** at the same time, that would haunt me for a long time.

lol, it serious messed up my dad because he was an infant and he was still breast feeding and i think it might have turned my grandmas milk bad because my dad was messed up as a child

about 2 years ago, i left the office to go to a satellite office to work on a computer and came to an intersection at the top of a hill. of course the part of the intersection i came to is the only part that has a stop sign and has to come to a complete stop (the other side is an on ramp to a highway). well the little honda in front of me comes to a stop and then pulls out to cross the intersection only to clip the back end of a ford explorer that doesn't have to stop and was probably doing close to 40 mph. i guess the frame around the windshields of both vehicles blocked them from seeing each other. the honda spun out and came to a rest in the grass median. the explorer flips 5 times, lands on it's top, and slides about 30 feet. while all of this is happening, the driver of the explorer gets thrown out through the front windshield and almost lands in oncoming traffic. she doesn't even move and i thought she was dead. all of the windows on the explorer were busted out and the top was probably crushed in a good 6 inches. after a couple of minutes a larger girl that could easily have taken up half of the back seat crawls out of the back window and is followed by three children. i think i read that the driver of the explorer suffered a broken arm, broken leg, multiple lacerations and bruises all over her body, internal bruising, multiple face fractures, and either a sprained back or neck.

mookie6927 (2/13/2008)
about 2 years ago, i left the office to go to a satellite office to work on a computer and came to an intersection at the top of a hill. of course the part of the intersection i came to is the only part that has a stop sign and has to come to a complete stop (the other side is an on ramp to a highway). well the little honda in front of me comes to a stop and then pulls out to cross the intersection only to clip the back end of a ford explorer that doesn't have to stop and was probably doing close to 40 mph. i guess the frame around the windshields of both vehicles blocked them from seeing each other. the honda spun out and came to a rest in the grass median. the explorer flips 5 times, lands on it's top, and slides about 30 feet. while all of this is happening, the driver of the explorer gets thrown out through the front windshield and almost lands in oncoming traffic. she doesn't even move and i thought she was dead. all of the windows on the explorer were busted out and the top was probably crushed in a good 6 inches. after a couple of minutes a larger girl that could easily have taken up half of the back seat crawls out of the back window and is followed by three children. i think i read that the driver of the explorer suffered a broken arm, broken leg, multiple lacerations and bruises all over her body, internal bruising, multiple face fractures, and either a sprained back or neck.

Holy crap, thats insane. Did you get outta your car and help them?