Worst trade in Sports History

David Ethan

I realize that this is an NFL forum, but I'm also going to assume that the majority of you, if not all of you, are fans of other sports as well.

I moved from Atlanta to Dallas when I was 18 (I'm 25) and over the years I've indeed become a die-hard Mavs fan, so today's trade is just sickening.

Anyone....please tell me how this can be a good thing, make me feel better

Nets Receive:

Devin Harris, PG

Devean George, SF

SeSigagna Diop, C

Jerry Stackhouse, G

Maurice Ager, G

$3M cash (league max)

2009 1st rd Pick

2010 1st rd Pick

Mavericks Receive:

Jason Kidd, G

Malik Allen, corpse

ummm...I don't even think Madden or NBA Live would approve that trade if you turned off the restricter.

Yuck...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been some real lopsided trades going on in the NBA lately. Some of it has to do with salary cap issues. I think Kidd is making 20 million next year or something like that. The Nets are obviously not winning with him so I would have traded him too. They also need to find a way to dump Vince Carter. Devin Harris is a good point guard and with Richard Jefferson the Nets can be a very good running team.

somecut8 (2/13/2008)
whooo!!! awesome trade!! i like the rockets, and yao is now going to own because diop and george are the mavs best post players!!!

remember when yao played against the warriors this year? he got like 37 pts and 19 rebounds.

without a big man, mavs are going to get owned!

Watch it, I've been a W's fan since 1991. And we got the 8th spot over you guys!!

the worst trade in sports history involves our very own Atlanta Falcons....

Falcons trade Brett Favre to Packers

Falcons receive Packers 1st round pick(#16-ish) and take RB from Mississippi State named "Tony Smith" - who sucked!!!!!!!!

Ummm......how many NFL records does Brett Favre hold now? most yards? most TD's? etc.....

good move Ken Herock and Jerry Glanville. btw, Ken blames Jerry and Jerry blames Ken - hilarious:P

g-dawg (2/13/2008)

Falcons receive Packers 1st round pick(#16-ish) and take RB from Mississippi State named "Tony Smith" - who sucked!!!!!!!!

Ummm......how many NFL records does Brett Favre hold now? most yards? most TD's? etc.....

good move Ken Herock and Jerry Glanville. btw, Ken blames Jerry and Jerry blames Ken - hilarious:P

You can't blame either man. Everyone who knew Favre back then INCLUDING Favre admiting it said he was a party animal who only cared about partying, beer and women. He showed up drunk or hungover to practice and quarterback meetings. Favre himself not only admitted to this but said he would have washed out of the NFL in two years if he had stayed in Atlanta. He should be on his knees the Falcons traded him to the worst "party place" in the world: Green Bay.

I get sick of hearing about that trade when people don't take into account what kind of player Favre was at the time. No one gives the Eagles flak for cutting Chris Carter when he was just an alkie before Buddy Ryan cut him for his own good.

Ryda003 (2/13/2008)
everyone is tryin to match the lakers trade.. i even read some comments by cuban and papavich hahaha god i love the trade my lakers made... couldnt be any happier just wait till bynum comes back then its going to be ..

fisher

bryant

odom

gasol

bynum

yeah pretty **** scary

Haha, yeah Popovich was saying something along the lines of other teams having the ability to veto trades if they were too lopsided. And yeah that is a pretty disgusting lineup. But it's all about the Hornets this year.

somecut8 (2/13/2008)
whooo!!! awesome trade!! i like the rockets, and yao is now going to own because diop and george are the mavs best post players!!!

remember when yao played against the warriors this year? he got like 37 pts and 19 rebounds.

without a big man, mavs are going to get owned!

yea but he still have Dampier (jk, I want to throw up now)

Ryda003 (2/13/2008)
everyone is tryin to match the lakers trade.. i even read some comments by cuban and papavich hahaha god i love the trade my lakers made... couldnt be any happier just wait till bynum comes back then its going to be ..

fisher

bryant

odom

gasol

bynum

yeah pretty **** scary

scary indeed....from a starting lineup point of view, the Mavs still match up at least as well, if not better, there's just no depth now

fisher kidd

bryant terry

odom howard

gasol dirk

bynum dampier

g-dawg (2/13/2008)

a bad trade, true, but at the time, no one was the wiser. no one knew that beer guzzling frat boy who couldn't hit the Pacific would turn out to be one of the all time greats.

g-dawg (2/13/2008)

That one isn't fair. I didn't like herock or glanville but that was a hind sight pick, no one I mean no one knew that farve would do what he did.....what was his stats here? If I remember correctly he was out drinking in buckhead alot and got the rep of a young drunk.........most of which had happened now alot of people would call him a "thug" and cut him clean anyway but I digress.......the use of the 16th pick was terrible and typical of the falcons fo prior to mckay :)

tdot falcon (2/13/2008)
Mr.900 (2/13/2008)
David Ethan (2/13/2008)
Mr.900 (2/13/2008)
the rockets are going all the way just watch.

Ain't happening, sorry. No matter how bad this trade by the Mavs is, we own the Rockets.

Tracy vs Dirk

Yao vs mmmmmmm

Jason Kidd vs mmmmmm

Josh Howard vs mmmmmm

T mac is going to have his way with the rim he going to be hanging on it all day Alston is a good point and dont forget franchise is on the bench getting in shape.