if you could only pick up 3 free agents...

Joey563

if I could get 3 FAs not considering price, they would be:

Albert Haynesworth, DT, TEN (he is just nasty if he is motivated)

Alan Faneca, OG, PIT (let him play the right side since his run blocking is his best asset now a days)

Sean Locklear, RT, SEA (move Weiner over to the left side and let a 2nd rounder learn under him)

in a real world (value) world it would be:

Seth McKinney, RG, CLE

Corey Williams, DT, GB

Sean Locklear, RT, SEA

grendel (2/13/2008)

Yeah, but Haynesworth and Gross aren't even going to be FA's, most likely. That's my point. We can't even talk reasonably about this because some guys who are eligible (like Haynesworth or Boley) aren't going to be FA's, and some guys no-one would have expected are going to get cut, like Wahle.

That's exactly why I did a dream scenario and a realistic one. :)

Marcus Trufant CB Seattle Seahawks

You can never have too many good corners. Chris Houston could play nickelback where he can use his physicality versus the slot recivers(if Deangelo Hall is re-signed/don't sleep on Jimmy Williams moving back to corner), Marcus Trufant is a one on one corner like Deangelo Hall, just ask Jim Mora.

Max Starx OT Pittsburgh Steelers

There's a lot you could say about this massive human being. He's a true good offensive tackle, a left tackle. He'll be someone to guard the QB's blind side since we no longer have that lefty.

Demorrio Williams LB Atlanta Falcons

He's very solid and very versatile. His versatility helped the team on third down situations playing like an almost shallow safety. He should be re-signed to maintain that linebacking corp. a solid one.

loowe (2/13/2008)
Marcus Trufant CB Seattle Seahawks

You can never have too many good corners. Chris Houston could play nickelback where he can use his physicality versus the slot recivers(if Deangelo Hall is re-signed/don't sleep on Jimmy Williams moving back to corner), Marcus Trufant is a one on one corner like Deangelo Hall, just ask Jim Mora.

Max Starx OT Pittsburgh Steelers

There's a lot you could say about this massive human being. He's a true good offensive tackle, a left tackle. He'll be someone to guard the QB's blind side since we no longer have that lefty.

Demorrio Williams LB Atlanta Falcons

He's very solid and very versatile. His versatility helped the team on third down situations playing like an almost shallow safety. He should be re-signed to maintain that linebacking corp. a solid one.

I still am amazed that people think Starks is some top OT. Not to mention a LT. He is a backup RT in PIT. And they dont play him unless they have to.

Your description is the exact reason people like him. "massive human being". That is all he is. Nat Dorsey is also massive, and a better player than Starks IMO.

Besides that, we dont have Petrino anymore, and size might not be the main ingredient anymore.

Tackles I would take in UFA over Starks if they are available:

Jordan Gross

Travelle Wharton

Flozell Adams

Nat Dorsey

Stacey Andrews

Sean Locklear

Joseph Swinson (2/13/2008)
id want....

1. Rob Bironas (k)from Titans

2. Karlos Dansby (lb) either convert him to mlb or use him to replace dmo.

3. Max Starks (ot)

1. LT Starks. (If LT is drafted, then disregard.) -

2. RB Musa Smith ("Thunder", and could surprise in this scheme.. Signed just in-case all of the good big RBs are gone after the 1st and 2nd rounds Local flavor.. Then, a big back would not be much of an issue in the draft. I could select best RB available in the latter rounds (4-6) without worrying about being locked-in to a "big RB". He would not take too many carries away from Norwood. Thunder & Lightning. without over-spending (if no chance of McFadden or Stewart in the 1st round.

3. Wait for cuts---especially at FS, Center, OT, NT, MLB, OLB.