Nobody is talking about the safeties

spiker

There will not be any safties drafted early. Jimmy was not the problwm last year it was Boby P not wanting to put him on the field. when he played he did fine and so did Stone. Harris will also be included in that mix, there is no safety in this draft that should/could come in and be a better player than Stone or Williams. Milloy is still against the run but he does practically nothing in the passing game.

birdonawire (2/14/2008)
There will not be any safties drafted early. Jimmy was not the problwm last year it was Boby P not wanting to put him on the field. when he played he did fine and so did Stone. Harris will also be included in that mix, there is no safety in this draft that should/could come in and be a better player than Stone or Williams. Milloy is still against the run but he does practically nothing in the passing game.
yeah I saw the same.Jimmy DID NOT play bad last year when he played.Stone played well above expectations too.They both could be the future.

We have Milloy for one more year if not cut so SS is covered and Stone can learn from him again. Jimmy is the wild card if he plays to expectations FS could be handled for years, but also we picked up Gaddis which I liked last year I think one of the two could develop into our FS. I am not worrid about our DB's as much as our lines.

spiker (2/13/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/13/2008)
On sale today at WalMart only! Just bring your Unlimited Cap Visa card and they can be yours!!![/quot

I'd rather have a Neiman-Marcus safety than a Wally World one!!

That, my friend, is the problem with most posts this time of year. We all want top of the line at every position. Those days ended when the salary cap was instituted. It's a keep young, re-sign your own good FA's and shop very little in the open FA market for big names NFL world.

I feel like I'm on some sort of Chris Crocker bandwagon. Am I the only person that realizes how good he played in the last few weeks? He's really caught onto the FS position. He's got it locked down. Jimmy isn't starting there because Chris is that good, not because Jimmy is that bad.

Welcome to Atlanta (2/17/2008)
I feel like I'm on some sort of Chris Crocker bandwagon. Am I the only person that realizes how good he played in the last few weeks? He's really caught onto the FS position. He's got it locked down. Jimmy isn't starting there because Chris is that good, not because Jimmy is that bad.

maybe. maybe i havent been paying enough attention to the position, you may be right. i dont care who plays it just as long as this team produces and we have someone solid back there.

kschreck (2/17/2008)
I am so tired of us not having a FS that belongs in that position. How long has it been since we've had someone capable back there? Too long.

I agree, but I think we can stick with who we have for one more year. We have way too many needs this year to be thinking about our safties. I think Crocker was better this year than he was 2 seasons ago, and we can stick with him for another season if he keeps playing the way he has been lately. I'm also interested in seeing if Stone and Williams really can replace Milloy and Crocker at the starting safety positions.

texasbirdfan (2/16/2008)
spiker (2/13/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/13/2008)
On sale today at WalMart only! Just bring your Unlimited Cap Visa card and they can be yours!!![/quot

I'd rather have a Neiman-Marcus safety than a Wally World one!!

That, my friend, is the problem with most posts this time of year. We all want top of the line at every position. Those days ended when the salary cap was instituted. It's a keep young, re-sign your own good FA's and shop very little in the open FA market for big names NFL world.

I am quite familiar with the Belechik blueprint and so is TD!! So assuming I am wanting the highest paid FA safety is wrong.Also I do not another el cheapo Wal Mart safety.But it is obvious we have a Huge problem defending the deep pass and have NO enforcer in the middle of the field.

I would like to see this issue addressed in free agency and also the draft.

bossFALCON (2/18/2008)
i think we will probably go one more year and see what crocker and jimmy can do and if they arent performing we will probably take one in the first or second next year depending on what pick we have.

well I thought Crock was a UFA so that may not be an option it may be Jimmy, Gaddis, FA

ugadawg (2/19/2008)
bossFALCON (2/18/2008)
i think we will probably go one more year and see what crocker and jimmy can do and if they arent performing we will probably take one in the first or second next year depending on what pick we have.

well I thought Crock was a UFA so that may not be an option it may be Jimmy, Gaddis, FA

oh i didnt know he was a UFA. shoot the team can do whatever they think is best im not on anyone's bandwagon for the FS position.

texasbirdfan (2/13/2008)
On sale today at WalMart only! Just bring your Unlimited Cap Visa card and they can be yours!!!

Laugh if you want, but if we are going to a "cover two" like Coach SMith likes, we need two safties. Lawyer may have some gas left in the tank, but no matter what he is doing on the field, I want him mentoring our safties of tomorrow in the locker and film room.