UGA Football Preseason #1???

Carter

It may not matter much at all, but I was quite surprised to see the results of this poll on ESPN....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index

Scroll down a bit and check out the poll... just view the results if you want. Right now it looks like this...

Which team is your preseason No. 1 in college football?

Georgia........ ------------- 47%

Missouri....... -- 6%

Ohio State... ----- 17%

Oklahoma.... ---- 11%

USC............ ------ 19%

Just shocked to see UGA so favored above USC among the average fans.

What's even more interesting IMO is that every Big Ten state (except Ohio), and every Big 12 state (except Oklahoma and Missouri) has the Dawgs listed as #1. Check the map.

I, personally, would like to see the Dawgs begin the season as #2 or #3. Less pressure and there's more to strive for as the season goes on. But then again, being #1 at the beginning AND end of the season wouldn't be too bad also. :)

LawDawg (2/13/2008)
What's even more interesting IMO is that every Big Ten state (except Ohio), and every Big 12 state (except Oklahoma and Missouri) has the Dawgs listed as #1. Check the map.

I, personally, would like to see the Dawgs begin the season as #2 or #3. Less pressure and there's more to strive for as the season goes on. But then again, being #1 at the beginning AND end of the season wouldn't be too bad also. :)

What I found interesting was right now they have what 42 states voting UGA #1 and overseas almost 50% voting UGA #1. That is amazing. I would rather have UGA be #3 in the preseason poll and have USC #1 and UF #2. Then have it come down to UF/UGA in jacksonville for #1 overall after USC loses. :)

SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
LawDawg (2/13/2008)

What I found interesting was right now they have what 42 states voting UGA #1 and overseas almost 50% voting UGA #1. That is amazing. I would rather have UGA be #3 in the preseason poll and have USC #1 and UF #2. Then have it come down to UF/UGA in jacksonville for #1 overall after USC loses. :)

Who the **** is going to beat USC? Ohio State? :w00t:

Ethanga62890 (2/13/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
LawDawg (2/13/2008)

they'll probably beat themselves against somebody, my guess would be UCLA, they are getting a lot better.

Ethanga62890 (2/13/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
LawDawg (2/13/2008)

Who will have an under .500 record who stinks against other teams.. That's your usc killer there. LOL

look at Hawaii with 55%! they saw domination first-hand.

I'm also pretty surprised to see big states like Florida(which also includes Miami and Florida State too) Texas, Michigan, and Virginia have a majority vote for Georgia. Also the majority of the big 12 (minus Oklahoma and Mizzou) and all of the big 10 (minus Ohio State) voted for UGA.

Ethanga62890 (2/13/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
LawDawg (2/13/2008)

Stanford...plus they'll have homefield advantage this time. :D

LawDawg (2/13/2008)
Ethanga62890 (2/13/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
LawDawg (2/13/2008)

Stanford...plus they'll have homefield advantage this time. :D

LOL.. What i love most is as soon as harbaugh got the job at stanford he started talking smack with usc. That's why that win was soo sweet.

Demetrius Dew (2/13/2008)
Many consider being Preseason #1 the mark of death:P:P:P:P

Well if we aren't #1 (which I wouldn't expect, but who knows), then going off this past season... I hope we are never #2 until the end. We could be the 3rd different SEC team to smoke Ohio State for the title. :laugh: :w00t:

That will never get old. The Ohio State Basketweavers can be the Buffalo Bills of college football. :w00t:

Carter (2/14/2008)
Demetrius Dew (2/13/2008)
Many consider being Preseason #1 the mark of death:P:P:P:P

Well if we aren't #1 (which I wouldn't expect, but who knows), then going off this past season... I hope we are never #2 until the end. We could be the 3rd different SEC team to smoke Ohio State for the title. :laugh: :w00t:

That will never get old. The Ohio State Basketweavers can be the Buffalo Bills of college football. :w00t:

That would be great, another osu/sec matchup.. LOL The poll ended with 42 states and a huge major of victory for UGA in this poll. Country and overseas overwhelming picked UGA as the preseason #1.