Any interest in Chad Johnson

I figure the dolphins might make a play for him. Maybe a team that could use some offensive weapons to compliment the team.

Dolphins, K.C., San Diego, Chicago, Philly.

Matter of fact, a move to Philly but be nearly perfect.

No, the falcons don't need him. Our FA money would be better spent elsewhere.

I say there is no chance he comes to ATL at all. There's no O-line here, the running game is weak if Dunn is cut and there is no QB. Ocho Cinco would last about 25 minutes here before he starts complaining he wants out of here. I'd love to see him a Falcon, it's just not going to happen.

I'd love to see him in Atlanta... but he can't be traded if the Bengals won't do it.

Imagine Chad Johnson, Roddy White, and Laurent Robinson for a receiving corp. That would be sick if we could get some o-line help to protect long enough for plays to develop.

Signing him would probably make it difficult or flat out impossible to make many other moves in free agency, though. There are some great prospects we can pick up in the draft to help out with the o-line and run game issues... but there's a lot of risk in counting on your rookies to step up immediately.

I don't think he would sign with the Falcons at present. He wants to catch a lot of passes and catch a goodly number of long passes. Looking at the Atlanta QB situation I believe he would say NO THANKS! Any contract probably would have a lot of money tied up in incentives based on the number of passes caught and the number of TD scored and those would be LOW in Atlanta so not as much money. He would look for a team with an already great passing game.

1989fan (2/13/2008)
Rumor is he is heading to Washington if he moves.

Man, that's too bad if it's true. I'd love to see him a Falcon, but we can't afford him, and frankly he deserves better. Talk about your "ticket-seller" he would be a great one. But if we don't have anyone who even comes close to Carson Palmer, this would be quite a downgrade for the dude.

I can't see him much happier in Washington either, though.

REV.2000 (2/13/2008)
1989fan (2/13/2008)

IF THIS IS TRUE ............. THE SKINS WILL BECOME VERY, VERY DANGEROUS....:)

I dont agree. Zook is a WCO guy, and his hiring will make Campbell have to learn his 3rd offense, and the WCO is a tough one to learn they say.

That team is gonna continue to fall i think.

1989fan (2/13/2008)
REV.2000 (2/13/2008)
1989fan (2/13/2008)

IF THIS IS TRUE ............. THE SKINS WILL BECOME VERY, VERY DANGEROUS....:)

I dont agree. Zook is a WCO guy, and his hiring will make Campbell have to learn his 3rd offense, and the WCO is a tough one to learn they say.

That team is gonna continue to fall i think.

He'll make any team he goes to a good bit better, but I agree. "Dangerous" is a stretch if you're talking about the Skins and the current state of their franchise, IMO. They just had all that coaching turnover, and Campbell was out a lot last season. I think they're probably loaded up w/better skill sets than the Falcons, but they're also having to deal w/some growing pains as well.

I would like to see chad as a falcon.

He is a great WR every year.

He is a character but the guy has never been in any trouble.

He just wants to be appreciated for what he does.

He comes with a hefty paycheck, but he makes what Dunn makes and far more productive.

He would be under contract for 4 more years and would make our WR corp deadly.

I would say trade for Chad Johnson. Give Cincy MIke Jenkins and a 4th this year and a 2nd next year.

trubirdfan4life (2/13/2008)
How about trading brooking and jenkins straight up for chad johnson.

we would get a GREAT WR and they get a pro bowl LB and jenkins

That would never happen. I don't think they would value a declining Brooking and a less than mediocre WR as equal to Chad Johnson.

TJ and Chris Henry pretty much live off of Johnson being the #1 there.

getting Chad down in the ATL would be SWEET!!!!!!! but i dont think there is anyway he is going to be playing for the Atlanta Falcons, it would be a perfect fit if we could get him, we would have Redman at QB, get an O-line from free agency and the draft, have Roddy, Robinson, and Chad at the WR group, and then go get one of the bigger stronger RB to bring our running game to life.

That team above is a SUPERBOWL WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!