Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

AFMB Interactive Mock draft discussion thread

1,703 posts in this topic

I skimmed the players selected list and didn't see Sosa.  So if I missed him, let me know.

I honestly don't know much about Sosa at all.  I know he played LT throughout his career.  And he was a pretty solid one from what I read.  He has the size and footwork, but he needs to hit the weight room.

Miami has an intersting scenario in that Vernon Carey stepped up and played admirably last season at LT.  Many Miami fans think he deserves to be the LT full-time.  But, some think he's even better at RT.  So I had a little flexibility with this pick.

With Carey, Schuening, Satele, and potentially Sosa, Miami has a pretty good group for the future.

You're starting to put together a pretty nice group of OLmen for Miami..

BillyWitchDoctor (3/23/2008)
You're starting to put together a pretty nice group of OLmen for Miami..

Thanks.  Initially I was going to use the first pick in the second for Gosder Cherilus.  But when I saw the opportunity to trade both of my second rounders for the #10 pick (Dan Connor), I couldn't pass it up.  I think Cherilus ended up going in the first anyways.

I couldn't believe Mike McGlynn stuck around so long.  I was hoping I'd have a chance to get him, but he got scooped up a ways before my pick. 

g6773a (3/23/2008)
I think Tamme was an excellent choice! With his speed and athleticism, he could be a dangerous weapon in the Bengals passing game.

Thanks.  I have seen him so often play that I really wanted him and TE is a big need for Cincy.  One that can actually catch the ball.

I must say i'm more pleased with how my later selections are going. I'm glad I got Vince Hall he may not be some freak athlete but the man plays football and well in the 6th round your looking for one of two things a football player or a freak athlete you can make a football player. So far i think i've done a good job for the pats with

Limas Sweed (slight reach)

Jared Mayo

Terrel Thomas (slight reach)

Shawn Crable

John Greco

Antuan Molden

Robert Felton

Vince Hall

LB's were my biggest need and well i've definatley addresed that (despite missing out on rivers and groves)

bam_19 (3/24/2008)
I must say i'm more pleased with how my later selections are going. I'm glad I got Vince Hall he may not be some freak athlete but the man plays football and well in the 6th round your looking for one of two things a football player or a freak athlete you can make a football player. So far i think i've done a good job for the pats with

Limas Sweed (slight reach)

Jared Mayo

Terrel Thomas (slight reach)

Shawn Crable

John Greco

Antuan Molden

Robert Felton

Vince Hall

LB's were my biggest need and well i've definatley addresed that (despite missing out on rivers and groves)

Vince Hall was taken at #170 , you need to pick again.

SacFalcFan (3/23/2008)
g6773a (3/23/2008)
I think Tamme was an excellent choice! With his speed and athleticism, he could be a dangerous weapon in the Bengals passing game.

Thanks. I have seen him so often play that I really wanted him and TE is a big need for Cincy. One that can actually catch the ball.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Tamme could develop into a poor man's version of Dallas Clark or Randy McMichael.

Here is how I have this figured out. Indy went OTC at 11pm, which is the daily cutoff. That should mean he began this morning OTC until 10am. New England made a pick, but their selection is void, because they chose a previously drafted player.

Indy until 10 am, then NE

Does that sound right?

To the best of my knowledge time has run out on Indy and NE is OTC

NE time has ran out and NYG is an inactive GM, So Miami is now OTC

Now that we're nearing the end us this, how does everybody like how their draft has turned out? Personally I'm pretty happy with what I've done and I see a lot of talent for the future of the Panthers.

Crap, I didn't realize I was on the clock.  I'm in class now, but don't worry, I'll be researching my pick.  Give me a little while.  ;)

BillyWitchDoctor (3/24/2008)
Now that we're nearing the end us this, how does everybody like how their draft has turned out? Personally I'm pretty happy with what I've done and I see a lot of talent for the future of the Panthers.

For me I am very very happy with my draft..  I need d help bigtime and got it.  I needed dline help and especially linebackers.  I got henderson & guyton at lb.  I was able to get bryant &  merling for the dline.  Then I get a qb in booty who at the very least can be developed into backup qb.  Then I fill a big need with Tamme who I think can step in and at least give us a threat of catching the ball at TE.  What do you think about your individual picks.

Who has the pick that is OTC?

I'm pretty sure 89 traded it away at some point, because I remember him saying he was done.

Looks like 3rd time is a charm for Bam19 who picked twice and both players were already taken , I think he might have ended up with a good pick anyway, Moffit is a good deal this late.

Time has ran out on SF. Baltimore and MetalFalcon are OTC with 197 until 2pm.

Dang SF and Baltimore took my 2 top rated players!!!!!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Detroit an Norwood are OTC until 245. Keenan Burton was already selected.

Draftnut57 (3/24/2008)
Looks like 3rd time is a charm for Bam19 who picked twice and both players were already taken , I think he might have ended up with a good pick anyway, Moffit is a good deal this late.

Yeah he was a nice consolation prize. I really like what i've done for the pats considering the state of there Linebackers.

I've added Mayo Crable and Moffit at LB

Thomas and Molden and Corner (plus i kept samuel)

Sweed and Johnson (fa) at WR

Greco and Felton along the line.

I think i've set them up nicely.