Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

AFMB Interactive Mock draft discussion thread

1,703 posts in this topic

Dill (2/14/2008)
1989fan (2/14/2008)
Dill (2/14/2008)
what??

Im just messing with you because of your post.....

FA period hasnt begun yet.....;)

ok, but how r we going to sign free agents? Is it first come first serve or what?

nope, not 1st come 1st serve. Doesn't work that way in real life & also not fair to those who may be in school/work or sleeping when this thing kicks off.

grendel (2/14/2008)
Robb4242 (2/14/2008)
Dill (2/14/2008)
1989fan (2/14/2008)
Dill (2/14/2008)
what??

Im just messing with you because of your post.....

FA period hasnt begun yet.....;)

ok, but how r we going to sign free agents? Is it first come first serve or what?

nope, not 1st come 1st serve. Doesn't work that way in real life & also not fair to those who may be in school/work or sleeping when this thing kicks off.

Maybe I missed it,but how are we going to deal with salary cap numbers? How do we know what the numbers are for our teams? Also, what about "hometown discounts"? Does a tie go to the team they're with already?

We have not worked out all the details yet. What if it's known a player doesn't want to resign (pretty much assumed that's the deal with Faneca)? When we post the official thread, we'll have it all ready to go.

10 million is the number we're throwing around right now. Doesn't sound like much, and it isn't. Last year there were some crazy offers to a lot of players, that just didn't really make sense. This is the 2nd year we've tried doing FA, so we're going to try it with a flat amount for all teams to spend and see how that works out. We want to make people think about who they are signing and not trying to sign only the "big" names to insane deals.

OK , who's got the Browns and what do you want for your extra QB , I'm talking about players for players here , I don't trade picks BC I like to be very realistic in the Draft and it is hard to know where we will trade , but I may trade picks for picks but not picks for players .

The Pats are open for buisness, anyone can be had for the right price, also looking to trade down from 7.

bam_19 (2/14/2008)
The Pats are open for buisness, anyone can be had for the right price, also looking to trade down from 7.

Would you have any interest in Jason Taylor + draft pick(s)?

scott24falcs (2/14/2008)
bam_19 (2/14/2008)

I'm not interested in giving up picks but aquiring more.

Also Taylor is old which is already a problem with my LB's

bam_19 (2/14/2008)
scott24falcs (2/14/2008)
bam_19 (2/14/2008)

I'm not interested in giving up picks but aquiring more.

Also Taylor is old which is already a problem with my LB's

I figured. I have 2 second round picks, but it's too hard to make a fair offer when future draft picks are meaningless (since we won't have these same teams next year).

I'm a bit late to this thing, have been busy with school and such. But the Bears are ready to wheel and deal. The free agency looks as if it's gonna be a lot of fun too, this whole thing looks great.

bam_19 (2/14/2008)
what two second round picks you got

Yeah that ain't going to cut it, and there isn't much on your roster that I want.

DrDetecto (2/14/2008)
I'm a bit late to this thing, have been busy with school and such. But the Bears are ready to wheel and deal. The free agency looks as if it's gonna be a lot of fun too, this whole thing looks great.

any intrest in movine to 7???

Your first and second are even value for the 7th pick.

bam_19 (2/14/2008)
DrDetecto (2/14/2008)

any intrest in movine to 7???

Your first and second are even value for the 7th pick.

Not at the moment. If I'm gonna move up/down in the draft it'll be on draft day. I'll keep you posted though.

papikaika (2/13/2008)
The Cardinals are open to trades for Pro-Bowl Wide-receiver, Larry Fitzgerald.

i have a trade idea, check your pms.

metalfalcon21 (2/14/2008)
The Baltimore Ravens (8th pick) are looking to trade down.

What about adding one of the best DEs in the game (Jason Taylor) + draft pick(s) for the 8th pick? I'm Miami btw.