UGA Fans some possibly great basketball news.

SacFalcFan

It's been another tough year for UGA basketball and felton is on the hot seat. However next year's recruiting class is very very good. UGA gets 4 star Howard Thompkins, 3 stars Dustin Ware, and Drazen Zlovaric. Per UGA insiders Jeremy Price's former teammate Travis Leslie will be added to the 2008 class it looks like.

As most know Howard Thompkins and Derrick Favors are very close friends and they are really in the mix for him. We could grab the top 20009 Recruit in the Country.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/12/2008)
Thats seriously is good news. We need all the help we can get. I think Felton need to be fired.

I dunno about Felton getting fired, but we seriously need help as a team. If we land all of those players, that will mean many good things in the future. Like not being at the bottom of the SEC in Bball for one:angry:

doogiehouser (2/12/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/12/2008)
Thats seriously is good news. We need all the help we can get. I think Felton need to be fired.

I dunno about Felton getting fired, but we seriously need help as a team. If we land all of those players, that will mean many good things in the future. Like not being at the bottom of the SEC in Bball for one:angry:

Remember the guys i mentioned except for favors and leslie have all signed LOIs and will be attending UGA. They are going to be dawgs and they all will qualify. Felton will not be fired unless the team falls apart. UGA barely has enough guys to suit up not that are on scholarship.

i think that we are on a good track, because we are getting good players, but felton needs to lighten up, because we could have 17wins atleast if we did not cut brown and mercer from the team. atleast if we had brown we would have won 3-4 more games.

i do like the way we played florida. it was a pretty close game.

GEORGIAfan (2/13/2008)
i think that we are on a good track, because we are getting good players, but felton needs to lighten up, because we could have 17wins atleast if we did not cut brown and mercer from the team. atleast if we had brown we would have won 3-4 more games.

I was very surprised that uf didn't blow UGA away.. it was very close most of the game and even after that late run uga still made a mini run.

falconsfan4life3 (2/13/2008)
Travis Leslie is a highlight film, but that is basically his game. I don't think a player of Derrick Favors's caliber will attend UGA. I expect him to go to GT and compete for a championship.

The words GT and championship don't need to be used together, at least in reference to football or basketball.....UGA has better facillities than Tech, and our coach isn't any worse than Hewitt.....

SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/13/2008)

I was very surprised that uf didn't blow UGA away.. it was very close most of the game and even after that late run uga still made a mini run.

yea bro. it showed me that what we are missing that would make us NCAA torney contenders is depth, because our bench had like 10pts or something like that. thru the 1st half our bench had 0 pts, it was all the starters.

Travis Leslie is a highlight film, but that is basically his game. I don't think a player of Derrick Favors's caliber will attend UGA. I expect him to go to GT and compete for a championship.

First off Leslie has improved bigtime in his shot. He is making a decision soon and it would be nice to see him in the red and black.

Also Favors wouldn't go to gt because he won't win a championship there either. Your team sucks and lost to uga head to head so you really don't have much to say there. Remember he is a class away so he is the 2009 class. If he heads to UGA he will have 2 very good recruiting classes (a number of 4 star guys) to play with including his close friend thompkins. I am not calling him to UGA, but the he won't win a championship comment doesn't give either team an advantage. If he only wants to play for a championship there are about 10 teams I can think of for him to go to that wouldn't include uga or gt.

mr pickle (2/13/2008)

The words GT and championship don't need to be used together, at least in reference to football or basketball.....UGA has better facillities than Tech, and our coach isn't any worse than Hewitt.....

Agreed. UGA's new facilities are some of the best out there.

GEORGIAfan (2/13/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/13/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/13/2008)

yea bro. it showed me that what we are missing that would make us NCAA torney contenders is depth, because our bench had like 10pts or something like that. thru the 1st half our bench had 0 pts, it was all the starters.

I can't wait to see what felton can do with some more talent..

LOL I understand UGA fans talking crap in football, but they are not even close to the program than GT in basketball. How good do you expect us do be when we lose 4 starters from last years team and 2 first round picks. I don't think UGA has ever had a really good season. When we played UGA we were playing horrible basketball. We are playing alot better now and have a chance at NCAA's but we have win 6 out or our last 8. If Favors goes to UGA they will probaly have an average season like NIT or maybe even one in done in the NCAA. If he comes to GT here is how our team would look with star rankings

PG Mo Miller 4*

SG Iman Shumpert 5*

SF Noel Johnson will be 5* (he is hopeful but really good friends with Favors and many think GT leads)

PF Gani Lawal 5*

C Derrick Favors 5*

Plus Peacock, Storrs, and other 09 recruits off the bench. That does not look like a possible championship team??????

LOL I understand UGA fans talking crap in football, but they are not even close to the program than GT in basketball. How good do you expect us do be when we lose 4 starters from last years team and 2 first round picks. I don't think UGA has ever had a really good season. When we played UGA we were playing horrible basketball. We are playing alot better now and have a chance at NCAA's but we have win 6 out or our last 8. If Favors goes to UGA they will probaly have an average season like NIT or maybe even one in done in the NCAA. If he comes to GT here is how our team would look with star rankings

PG Mo Miller 4*

SG Iman Shumpert 5*

SF Noel Johnson will be 5* (he is hopeful but really good friends with Favors and many think GT leads)

PF Gani Lawal 5*

C Derrick Favors 5*

Plus Peacock, Storrs, and other 09 recruits off the bench. That does not look like a possible championship team??????

You are no close to winning a championship right now than uga is. You can't count guys who aren't even committed.

Funny you want to talk about UGA's program, but you don't know anything about it. It's obvious from your posts you don't. You need to do better research. GT hasn't lost 6 out of the last 8. GT is 4-2 in the last 6 and 4 and 5 in the last 9. You have no chance at the NCAA and you barely have a chance at the NIT. You have zero room to talk bball smack this year. You lost to a UGA team missing their 2 best players and 3 scholarship players from the start of the season. That's bad man.

UGA is comin back after the Harrick debacle. UGA has a chance to be a great team and the following guys will be here if Favors come onboad.

Chris Barnes PF ***

Troy Brewer SG ***

Jeremy Jacob SF ****

Jeremy Price PF ****

Zac Swansey PG ***

Howard Thompkins ****

Dustin Ware PG ***

Drazen Zlovaric PF ***

DeMario Mayfield PG 6-3 180

We also have a great chance at Travis Leslie ***. UGA is also in the mix for 3 5 star guys and 6 4 star guys. They lead for a few as well and many believe Noel Johnson will end up at UGA if Favors goes there to play with his friend Howard Thompkins. UGA is going to have a great team.

So you are saying if we win 6 or our last 8 games we have no chance at NCAA? That would put us at 10-6 in the ACC and 17-13 overrall. Noel Johnson named a top 5 and GT made but UGA did not so 0% Noel ends up at UGA. The only reason Derrick Favors in considering UGA hard is because of Howard. Derrick grew up a GT fan and Howard wanted to commit to Georgia Tech but Hewitt told him no because we were waiting on Al-Faruq Aminu. Please tell me the five star and four star because the only one UGA has a shot at is Derrick Favors and Mfon Udofia.

So you are saying if we win 6 or our last 8 games we have no chance at NCAA? That would put us at 10-6 in the ACC and 17-13 overrall. Noel Johnson named a top 5 and GT made but UGA did not so 0% Noel ends up at UGA. The only reason Derrick Favors in considering UGA hard is because of Howard. Derrick grew up a GT fan and Howard wanted to commit to Georgia Tech but Hewitt told him no because we were waiting on Al-Faruq Aminu. Please tell me the five star and four star because the only one UGA has a shot at is Derrick Favors and Mfon Udofia.

You guys win 6 out of 8 you will be 17-13 and won't be in the ncaa. That's a moot point anyways since you won't be winning 6 out of 8 games and won't be in the ncaa anyways. You guys got to figure out how to get a pg who can handle the rock.

Regading thompkins i have been saying from day 1 if you had read any of the basketball recruiting threads that favors is considering uga due to his friendship with thompkins. What's your point? You are just reiterating a point already established. Derrick Favors is loving UGA right and isn't hiding it. We have a number of guys like shawn kemp, bond that are 4 star guys uga is in the mix for.

Feb. 14, 2008 at Clemson 9:00 pm ET L(very good team and good at home)

Feb. 17, 2008 Miami-FL 1:00 pm ET W(Miami is average and we are at home)

Feb. 21, 2008 Virginia 7:00 pm ET W(already beat them at there place)

Feb. 23, 2008 at Virginia Tech 2:00 pm ET W(blew them out)

Feb. 27, 2008 at Duke 9:00 pm ET L

Mar. 1, 2008 Wake Forest 2:00 pm ET W(already beat them at there place

Mar. 6, 2008 Clemson 7:00 pm ET W(split with Clemson)

Mar. 8, 2008 at Boston College 3:30 pm ET W (they are a one man team)

6-2 is possible no doubt.

What are the 3 five stars and 6 four stars that are considering UGA?

You answered the 5 stars and the 4 stars they are in the mix for a number of guys like leslie (4 star on scout), jon bond (4 star), shawn kempt (4 star), kenny hall (4 star), terrance shannon (4 star), Colin Reddick (4 star on scout). They are in the mix for a number of guys.

You forgot gt is the team who is playing them.. counting wins when you are 11-11 and 4 and 5 in the last 9 is funny man..

11-13, lost 2 in a row.. not even nit worthy.

• 1 month later...