Redman

Tiny

For everybody on the message board who says Redman is the man, Do you think that just the Falcons are looking at him? If you say Redman is as good as has been said, what are you going to pay for him? With other teams looking at him he will not be cheap! Do the Falcons give him money and years to keep him just on how he did in the Seattle game? Has he proven that he can stay healthy and not have a problem with his back or arm? Can our O-line keep him healthy? If he is so much better than Leftanclewich and no arm Harrington what are the chances of him comming cheaper than them? My opinion is to Draft a QB like a Henne or a Flacco leave them behind Leftanclewich and no arm Harrington for 1 year then see what we can do. This will give us time for our O-line to develope and a RB to have a year under his belt (if we draft one this year). To sign Redman is going to cost more and take up more years then what we have with the other 2 bozos. Do I like either? No but dealing with them for 1 more year while a QB waits in the wings is tolerable. Redman fans go ahead and bash me. I don't want to hear that Shockley is the man either!

i would proabably just sign redman to a one year contract to see if what he did last year was a fluke or not. i would then let shock and redman (maybe lefty too) duel it out in the preseason for the job. if redman succeeded and played well the 08 season i would probably then sign him to a 3 year extension sometime in december.

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)
i would proabably just sign redman to a one year contract to see if what he did last year was a fluke or not. i would then let shock and redman (maybe lefty too) duel it out in the preseason for the job. if redman succeeded and played well the 08 season i would probably then sign him to a 3 year extension sometime in december.

so what about joey

consistentfalcon (2/12/2008)
bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

so what about joey

he can be the clipboard holder and the leader of the practice squad.

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

I would like to see Redman get a shot next year, maybe even let Shockley get a fair shot at the starting spot. But Harrington is a straight up loser in this league. Understandably the Falcons just went through their roughest season ever and all, but winning games is not this guys forte.

falconfanchernandez (2/12/2008)
bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

I would like to see Redman get a shot next year, maybe even let Shockley get a fair shot at the starting spot. But Harrington is a straight up loser in this league. Understandably the Falcons just went through their roughest season ever and all, but winning games is not this guys forte.

do you think thats joeys fault or the fault of a weak o line.

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

I think it's a combination of both. But Redman moved the chains and we had our best offensive production of the season with him and that weak o-line.

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

joey is too worried about being benched. he has taught himself to try and play conservative so he doesnt make mistakes. he plays so conservative now that he gets check down fever. if he had to though i would let him be our backup (since that is what he was brought here to do).

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

i believe if the falcons build an oline similer to the pats, colts or giants any 1 of the 4 qb's they currently have not including vick would have great success

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

i believe if the falcons build an oline similer to the pats, colts or giants any 1 of the 4 qb's they currently have not including vick would have great success

I agree:) start from the core and build out.

bossFALCON (2/12/2008)

if we had a really great line i think that lefty would be our starter just because of what he can do with a clean pocket. i think redman and shock would ball too. joey would be better than he is now but wouldnt be anything more than a mediocre qb.

Tiny (2/12/2008)
The problem that is out there right now is other teams are looking at Redman so a one year deal at low money will not cut it.

You may be right. But I'd still say maybe give him Byron's deal if he'd take it and cut Anklewich. I know Lefty's got some skills, but they will do the team absolutely zero good if he's sittin' on the bench. Even w/a decent Oline in Jax, dude still couldn't stay healthy. I think they should try to keep Redman, let Harrington & Shockley battle it out for the 2nd spot along w/some unknown draft pick, if they really think they got to get a QB right away out of this draft. I don't see too many long term viable options in FA, but I'll admit I don't keep up w/all the QBs who are FAs this year.

Btw, I'm not one of the ones who thinks Redman is "the man". I just think he showed enough fire & skills to be given a shot at it for more than a few games.

Redman looked pretty good and Harrington was efficient

in several games. I have a sick feeling that Smith may

try to use Leftwich in hopes of having a vertical passing

game. The line will have to be far, far better for that

to work. If the line is far better Redman and Harrington

would look better too. So I am not guessing what they

will do. I don't like the qb's in the draft except as prospects

to develop. We need one of those. Let everybody come

to camp and fight for the job.

for me I would be nervous giving Redman a 2 or 3 year deal. You know what you have with the other 2 Bad and worse. Redman is an unknown that was out of football. I watched him in college and he looked good but I just have trouble seeing how he could go unnoticed by the other teams in 2006 when there were so many injuries. I just have to put my faith in the FO to do there job and come up with the right move.

i think Redman's "arm strength" is way overrated. His long passes were really the result of overzealous defensive backs who were overplaying the short routes because that's what we'd been throwing all season long. Go back and watch the film... A pump fake on a short route got Roddy open by fifteen yards as the second string DB tried desperately to take one back for six. All year long we threw the short route, and our WR's got pounded after a three yard gain. Finally, when Quitrino exited the picture, the pump fake worked in the last game of the season.

falconchef (2/12/2008)
i think Redman's "arm strength" is way overrated. His long passes were really the result of overzealous defensive backs who were overplaying the short routes because that's what we'd been throwing all season long. Go back and watch the film... A pump fake on a short route got Roddy open by fifteen yards as the second string DB tried desperately to take one back for six. All year long we threw the short route, and our WR's got pounded after a three yard gain. Finally, when Quitrino exited the picture, the pump fake worked in the last game of the season.

Which game are you referring to? And did you get to see the Seattle game? I didn't, only got to listen on the radio. He.ll, if he can throw accurately over 20 yds., he's still probably got Harrington beat. But I see what you're saying, if our opponents were studying any of that game film. And I don't think his arm is anywhere near as powerful as Leftwich's. But I did see Redman take some hard-hittin' shots, and he didn't end up on the bench for the rest of the game, so "durable" is a plus in my book. My thinking may change on this if they strengthen the OL, but that hasn't happened yet.

Redman threw 2 TDs and a single INT in the 4th Q of the Rams game.

Redman completed nearly 60% of his passes for 2 TDs and an INT in a game where he was sacked 3 times and under constant pressure.

In Arizona, Redman easily played well enough to win. At that point in the season, our defense was pretty much just bodies on the field.

Against Seattle, most defensive starters stayed in the whole game. Any others that didn't left around late 3rd quarter. Need we mention Redman played with 2nd/3rd string offensive linemen?

bigduke633 (2/12/2008)
Redman had 1 good game out of 3 (arizona).Joey had 4.Dhall cost us the carolina game.Neither are starters.Both seem like pretty good backups.Competition thats the ticket.

Yeah, you're right, but I think what Tiny is saying is he (Redman) can't compete if he's not on the team. So do you throw some $ at him, or not? I think it's a pretty good gamble.

The Falcon Ace (2/12/2008)
Redman threw 2 TDs and a single INT in the 4th Q of the Rams game.

Redman completed nearly 60% of his passes for 2 TDs and an INT in a game where he was sacked 3 times and under constant pressure.

In Arizona, Redman easily played well enough to win. At that point in the season, our defense was pretty much just bodies on the field.

Against Seattle, most defensive starters stayed in the whole game. Any others that didn't left around late 3rd quarter. Need we mention Redman played with 2nd/3rd string offensive linemen?

Kerney was out in the 4th.I saw him out.I heard seattle players saying they played base defense in the 4th.It was a throw away game for seattle.All kinds of offensive starters were out as well.You dont throw a lot of money at him.Did he do well?Yeah,Beating arizona doesnt equate to big contract.

Tiny (2/12/2008)
For everybody on the message board who says Redman is the man, Do you think that just the Falcons are looking at him? If you say Redman is as good as has been said, what are you going to pay for him? With other teams looking at him he will not be cheap! Do the Falcons give him money and years to keep him just on how he did in the Seattle game? Has he proven that he can stay healthy and not have a problem with his back or arm? Can our O-line keep him healthy? If he is so much better than Leftanclewich and no arm Harrington what are the chances of him comming cheaper than them? My opinion is to Draft a QB like a Henne or a Flacco leave them behind Leftanclewich and no arm Harrington for 1 year then see what we can do. This will give us time for our O-line to develope and a RB to have a year under his belt (if we draft one this year). To sign Redman is going to cost more and take up more years then what we have with the other 2 bozos. Do I like either? No but dealing with them for 1 more year while a QB waits in the wings is tolerable. Redman fans go ahead and bash me. I don't want to hear that Shockley is the man either!

He's gonna cost some loot man.

bigduke633 (2/12/2008)
Redman had 1 good game out of 3 (arizona).Joey had 4.Dhall cost us the carolina game.Neither are starters.Both seem like pretty good backups.Competition thats the ticket.

nah the refs jus gave carolina the game. smith shoulda been penalized same as hall. the refs just love to screw the falcons over.