Evolution thread!!!!

charlestonchad

So I was reading up on the fossil record today of human evolution and it really made me wonder; what do the people saying we don't have a missing link need to see before they believe the fossil record is complete? We have fossils, skulls specifically, that document the change from an apelike ancestor to ##### sapiens. I really don't see where a missing link would fit in, since the change is pretty well documented in height, weight, shape, posture, walking styles, jaw/teeth structure, and brain size.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charlestonchad (2/12/2008)
So I was reading up on the fossil record today of human evolution and it really made me wonder; what do the people saying we don't have a missing link need to see before they believe the fossil record is complete? We have fossils, skulls specifically, that document the change from an apelike ancestor to ##### sapiens. I really don't see where a missing link would fit in, since the change is pretty well documented in height, weight, shape, posture, walking styles, jaw/teeth structure, and brain size.

This may be the agnostic butthole in me talking, but I would say that they need to find a fossilized security blanket. :cool:

thesouphead (2/12/2008)
Statick (2/12/2008)
How come these evolution threads always evolve into bash Christianity threads?

who are the ones who don't believe in evolution?

I dunno.

I don't know of many Christians who don't entertain the idea of evolution. If they don't they definitely don't argue over it.

Statick (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)
Statick (2/12/2008)

I dunno.

I don't know of many Christians who don't entertain the idea of evolution. If they don't they definitely don't argue over it.

you live in Georgia? ask around. I know several.....and they do argue over it. "I don't come from no monkey." "Genesis is the literal word of God".

The Great American (2/12/2008)
Headshot (2/12/2008)
There will always be a "missing link" when it comes to evolution. Much like there will always be a "missing link" in Christianity or any other religion.

Where's the missing link in Christianity? God was in charge at the beginning of the Book and He was still in charge when the Book ended.

why did the book end? why are there mo more crazy miracles going on?

capologist (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)

1. Because nothing else needed to be written.

and

2. Miracles do occur all the time, those who don't recognize it or acknowledge it simply pass it off as "coincidence" or "luck"...

Cap, you don't believe in evolution, right? Do you think it's because God didn't talk about it in the bible, or because we don't have the missing link, or because it's not a logical explanation, or some other reason?

capologist (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)

and

2. Miracles do occur all the time, those who don't recognize it or acknowledge it simply pass it off as "coincidence" or "luck"...

yes......David Cooperfield made a motorcycle disappear....it was a freaking miracle!!

what happened to freaks turning water into wine and homeboys making the oceans split into two sections?

capologist (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)

and

Jesus walking on water or turning water to wine is not a miracle. Sounds more like the behavior of a bunch of people hallucinating. A single mother working 2 jobs and still has time to take her kids to soccer practice, THATS a miracle.

thesouphead (2/12/2008)
Statick (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)
Statick (2/12/2008)

I dunno.

you live in Georgia? ask around. I know several.....and they do argue over it. "I don't come from no monkey." "Genesis is the literal word of God".

I'm from Georgia originally and yes, I have met those kind of Christians, however, I won't vilify them for their beliefs because I do entertain some of those beliefs myself.

I cannot, however, totally dismiss evolution either since I try to keep an open mind about everything and not totally shut my mind to things.

Statick (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)
Statick (2/12/2008)
thesouphead (2/12/2008)
Statick (2/12/2008)

I dunno.

I'm from Georgia originally and yes, I have met those kind of Christians, however, I won't vilify them for their beliefs because I do entertain some of those beliefs myself.

I cannot, however, totally dismiss evolution either since I try to keep an open mind about everything and not totally shut my mind to things.

oh me...I am not vilifying them....I am just saying that they exist and that they are wrong.

: )

thesouphead (2/12/2008)
The Great American (2/12/2008)
Headshot (2/12/2008)
There will always be a "missing link" when it comes to evolution. Much like there will always be a "missing link" in Christianity or any other religion.

Where's the missing link in Christianity? God was in charge at the beginning of the Book and He was still in charge when the Book ended.

Why did the Book end? God had given a full revelation of Himself. We can now know God through His Word.