We need a PR/KR

Twinblade

Our KR is fine... i think Norwood can continue doing that or we can put Jennings back on it... The PR problem was NOT Jennings... our Punt Protection for the returner was absolutely horrible.... if you watch hester he gets amazing blocks... instead of getting a whole new returner we need to focus on getting a better system in on punt returns to open some holes for jennings... he was hit almost immediately every punt

Twinblade (2/12/2008)
It was Jennings, I seen him wave his hand way before players got near him like hes some scared kid that is afraid to get hit.

Adam Jennings has got to go.

Stupid FO had to trade Rossum.

W/e... think what you want... but if you can not see that our blocking was horrible your pretty blind... Jennings has the talent... there was a reason he made some decisions to wave his hand... people were running FREE at him.... because once again our blocking sucked... im confident that our new coaching staff can instill a better blocking system though and Jennings will settle in fine... people seem to forget that it was his first full year returning... and as for Rossum... he is old... easily injured.. and a HUGE liability on defense... it was a given that he was going to be traded... get over that... if Jennings is given a chance i think he can be a good receiver as well

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/12/2008)
Twinblade (2/12/2008)
It was Jennings, I seen him wave his hand way before players got near him like hes some scared kid that is afraid to get hit.

W/e... think what you want... but if you can not see that our blocking was horrible your pretty blind... Jennings has the talent... there was a reason he made some decisions to wave his hand... people were running FREE at him.... because once again our blocking sucked... im confident that our new coaching staff can instill a better blocking system though and Jennings will settle in fine... people seem to forget that it was his first full year returning... and as for Rossum... he is old... easily injured.. and a HUGE liability on defense... it was a given that he was going to be traded... get over that... if Jennings is given a chance i think he can be a good receiver as well

I will think what I want and I think its Jennings, ever since we got rid of Rossum, our team on ST has sucked.

But whatever though Petrino fan

Twin, Jennings is nothing special on PR, but you gotta give the guy some credit. PetrinoHero is right about the ST punt coverage sucking. Lollygaggin' down the field and ish... I miss JoeDeCamilis, our ST were a lot better when he was coaching them.

On Rossum, I think the change of scenery did him some good. He wasn't all that w/the Falcons, in fact he was kind of sucky at times. Almost everyone on this board was constantly ragging on him. But then he gets the change of scenery to a winning team, and all the sudden he's outstanding? What's the common denominator? If it was just Rossum, he would've been outstanding here too, and at times - he was. But he was pretty inconsistent if you ask me.

His name: Jayson Foster, QB/WR from Georgia Southern.

Runs a 4.29, has extremely illusive moves that embarrass would be tacklers, and won the Walter Payton award for best offensive player in I-AA football.

It won't surprise me if we get his in the 6th or 7th because VanGorder was the head coach during one of Foster's years.

dude, if you think it was protection, you just don't know the dynamic of a punt returner.

it is up to the returner to make the first 2 guys miss. that is your job then stuff opens up. jennings did catch the ball well but he has zero moves. you can't do ANYTHING at PR if you can't make people miss. its the NFL you can't block evrybody on a punt return.

g-dawg (2/12/2008)
Dexter Jackson-WR/PR/KR-Applachian State - 5'10", 180lbs 4.35/40 - 5th round pick - this is our new kick returner, 3rd down slot receiver, etc. - mr "everything":)

btw, he's from Dunwoody, GA - hometown...

death_by_dj.jpg

Newbie Lil Whyte,

please put down the energy drink :w00t:

Twinblade (2/12/2008)
Twinblade (2/12/2008)

Actually if you want to know our Special Teams has been on the decline since the 11-5 season. Rossum wasn't much better for us the last few seasons. I saw many times Rossum did the same things that Jennings was doing that you are being so critical of. Keep Norwood at KR, if we aren't going to use him right at RB, and lets see how Jennings does this time around before we jump to conclusions, because we are all good at that.

I will think what I want and I think its Jennings, ever since we got rid of Rossum, our team on ST has sucked.

But whatever though Petrino fan

It's the PRs man to make the first two people miss?

Considering the fact the first two guys were right on top of him before the ball even got close to him with more on the way I would say that is a little unfair. Jennings isn't special, but we had TERRIBLE blocking.

As for Rossum, the guy simply ran into the nearest guy and fell. Not to mention he was WORTHLESS on defense. I could cover better than him with a blindfold on.

Twinblade (2/12/2008)

Dude how can we take you pick of Jake long as something use should believe in when you think Jennings was good. He was scared out of his pants everytime thr ball was punted to him. Even if Rossum was to old (your words not mine) an a HUGE liability on defense, it's not like Jennings was a HUGE plus on offense so they were a wash and Rossum still was a better punt returner