Who do we need for the WR spot?

Lil Wyte

I dont think we should keep any of our WR that we have except Roddy White, and i also think we should go out and pick up Marty Booker, i think that we should look for any reciever that shows that they are younger and have talent (Booker is an exception). I dont think we should draft a WR (or a QB), basically i think we need to get a whole new WR squad (besides White).

YOU GOTTA BREAK YOUR TEAM TO REMAKE YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALCONS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

FalconFanatic!!!! (2/12/2008)
Chad Johnson from fa he will catch the ball...

Yeah he will just break off a 9 yard route on 4th and 12 and then run out of bounds after catching the ball so he doesnt get hit....no thanks. I would rather have Ernest Wilford from Jacksonville than CJ....hes a distraction and a puss.

Rick Beach (2/12/2008)
delaigle (2/12/2008)

X-wideout

White

Weems

Elliot

Y-wideout

L. Robinson

Jennings

Watkins

Slot

Horn

Finneran

enkins

No team keeps 9 WR's on the roster.

I know that, the point is with nine already on the roster why go look for MORE most teams kep 5 but in the later part 0f 07 the Falcons did have 6 on the 53 man roster

you can't break up an entire team in one year.

we will get rid of a couple aging vets this year and a couple more next year.

we will get a couple of Olinemen and Dlinemen this year and more Oline next year.

we will get one new LB this year and another one next year.

we will NOT get any WR unless his duties are PR/KR

we have white, robinson starting with horn, jenkins/finn(one of them) backing them up.

we won't get rid of horn this year because of the cap hit. The cap hit will be the same as his salary so you might as well keep him THIS year.

we hav eto be patient. Our team is not at the blow up stage. We have a few pieces in place to be a competitive team. I think we would have been competituve last year if the team would have played for petrino but he was not the right guy...I like the passing game though. just no QB

Lil Wyte (2/12/2008)
I dont think we should keep any of our WR that we have except Roddy White, and i also think we should go out and pick up Marty Booker, i think that we should look for any reciever that shows that they are younger and have talent (Booker is an exception). I dont think we should draft a WR (or a QB), basically i think we need to get a whole new WR squad (besides White).

So we should get rid of Robinson to????

We may have 9 WRs on the team right, now but we all know most of them are crap.

We need to keep Roddy as our #1, keep Laurent as our #3, and MAYBE hang on to Jenkins as a #4. As far as I'm concerned, everyone else can get off the team.

As far as our new #2 receiver goes, I'd look at Bryant Johnson from ARI, Bernard Berrian from CHI, Donte Stallworth from NE, or any of the other decent free agents floating around. I don't think we should draft a WR unless it's much later on, as a KR/PR option (unless this staff feels Jennings can still do the job, which I don't).

If you're looking at BIG NAME free agents or available receivers, though: Chad Johnson might be up for trade and Roy Williams is DEFINITELY up for trade. I wish we had something to give Detroit for Williams, because he is one of the better wideouts in this league.

Lil Wyte (2/12/2008)

i think you need to think about what you are saying and take a nap. Larent Robinson and Roddy White w/ Jenkins or Finn as our possesional recievers, its pretty good quality. Its not like the patriots, but, we got 2 deep threats and a mid range reciever.

Stick with Roddy at #1 and Robinson at #2.

Keep Jenkins/Finn-Dog in the slot or sign/draft a tall possession WR to take over foir him. Joe Horn is cut or 4th/5th string and stays on backup if White/Robinson goes down.

White is a top notch WR, Robinson is a decent #2 with alot of potential. I am satified with our current WR situation for the most part.