NFL extends exclusive contract with EA Sports

scott24falcs (2/12/2008)
Yeah, I used to be one of the biggest Madden fans, but nowadays the game just sucks. I miss the days of the 2K series and even NFL Fever for the XBox.

My wife gave me the All pro football 2k8 for Christmas and it is a cool game for the price. I prefer it to madden any day of the week. The only drawback is not having the current players but I grew up watching most of the guys play that are in the game. But back to the original topic. I wish that EA would not have gotten the deal done. I am not a fan of EA at all. On the PC I used to be a die hard bf2 and bf2142 player which are made by EA and they both had so many problems and EA would put out patch after patch that would just create more problems. Also on my 360 I had need for speed carbon and it would continuously lock up my system. I even traded and got a new disc because I thought that may have been the problem but it still happened and is the only game that does it. I ended up trading it in and am weary about buying any more EA products for any system.

• 3 weeks later...
btrain5489 (2/12/2008)
ignorant_icarus (2/12/2008)
Hated it on 360, but I love it on PS2.

Agreed. Madden flopped making the next gen leap.

Seems like most people lost interest in Madden when they added QB vision i.e. when it stopped being ridiculously easy.

very true. i didnt even bother buying the next gen madden this year. i just went ps2. it still sucks though. they need to do work on that game.

Most of the people who used to enjoy playing Madden and now don't, is because the game actually requires a lot more skill, such as the QB vision, hot routes, safety shading, etc..This is not like Madden '04, where you drop back and throw a bomb to your WR. Most of the time, you will get beat if you don't have a very good offensive and defensive gameplan heading into the game.

EddieK (3/1/2008)
Most of the people who used to enjoy playing Madden and now don't, is because the game actually requires a lot more skill, such as the QB vision, hot routes, safety shading, etc..This is not like Madden '04, where you drop back and throw a bomb to your WR. Most of the time, you will get beat if you don't have a very good offensive and defensive gameplan heading into the game.

thats not the problem for me. im very good with all the stuff they added. some of the things i dont like is in franchise mode whenever someone's contract is up, no matter how good they are they get cut and it barely ever re-signs the best players (like manning, brady, chad johnson, moss, owens, urlacher, etc). they can be a pro bowler for 3 straight years and league MVP and they still get cut. they also make about 3 to 5 people run for over 2,000 yards in one season with about 500+ rushing attempts. the franchise mode's AI needs to get much better. i dont play online or superstar much.

bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

thats not the problem for me. im very good with all the stuff they added. some of the things i dont like is in franchise mode whenever someone's contract is up, no matter how good they are they get cut and it barely ever re-signs the best players (like manning, brady, chad johnson, moss, owens, urlacher, etc). they can be a pro bowler for 3 straight years and league MVP and they still get cut. they also make about 3 to 5 people run for over 2,000 yards in one season with about 500+ rushing attempts. the franchise mode's AI needs to get much better. i dont play online or superstar much.

I'm sick o dark skinned players being light skin while light skin players are dark skin.Some change races completely.LaRon Landry dark skinned while Roddy White is light skinned.Tanard Jackson is straight white.I'm sick of abnormal looking players.I get my superstar of NCAA and he comes in as a CB looking like a LB,with shoulder pads as tall as he is,WTF.They have catch animations that prevent yards after catch.i'm talking about PS2 by the way and this year all the player builds were screwed up.Lineman skinny while skill position were thick.NO WAY should DeAngelo Hall and Roddy White be bigger than Grady Jackson.it's the same game with roster updates and menus every year.The game hasn't changed since 04 to 05

bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

I only play online. I'll complete the mini-camp drills since they really do help in improving your game. I see that most of the issues that people have with Madden is in regards to franchise mode, superstar mode, and the like. How is your AI setup in your settings? I turn all of my AI down, and jack up the CPUs to full strength and play on All-Madden. They are tough, tough games then...

ucsbdirtybird (2/12/2008)
I have bought every Madden for the last 10 years, but unless the 2009 edition gets A+ marks then I am going to pass. The last few years have been garbage...

I am tired of all the new features... if they would just focus on polishing the game play I would be so happy. I don't want to see WR's get stuck on each other when they both make a cut at the same time... i don't want to see all those glitches that ruin online play. If they would just focus on throughly testing their game, Madden would be great again.

cwell1 (3/1/2008)
bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

I'm sick o dark skinned players being light skin while light skin players are dark skin.Some change races completely.LaRon Landry dark skinned while Roddy White is light skinned.Tanard Jackson is straight white.I'm sick of abnormal looking players.I get my superstar of NCAA and he comes in as a CB looking like a LB,with shoulder pads as tall as he is,WTF.They have catch animations that prevent yards after catch.i'm talking about PS2 by the way and this year all the player builds were screwed up.Lineman skinny while skill position were thick.NO WAY should DeAngelo Hall and Roddy White be bigger than Grady Jackson.it's the same game with roster updates and menus every year.The game hasn't changed since 04 to 05

yea that kind of crap annoys me. and on ps2 (it may just be my game) the lineman are skinny and you have to edit all of their builds. hall and harrington are bigger than mclure! i hate when i try to throw it deep to a wideout and he trys to pull that one handed grab stunt (only good wideouts do it like hines ward and moss and them) and they always drop it. that game needs improvements.

EddieK (3/1/2008)
bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

I only play online. I'll complete the mini-camp drills since they really do help in improving your game. I see that most of the issues that people have with Madden is in regards to franchise mode, superstar mode, and the like. How is your AI setup in your settings? I turn all of my AI down, and jack up the CPUs to full strength and play on All-Madden. They are tough, tough games then...

yea i do that too. i turn my AI down and put the CPU's AI all the way up, except for run blocking and i think it is rb ability because then they start doing some crazy crap and break a million tackles in one run. i have a PS3 but i dont buy the next gen madden because the players run kinda stiff.

bossFALCON (3/2/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)
bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

yea i do that too. i turn my AI down and put the CPU's AI all the way up, except for run blocking and i think it is rb ability because then they start doing some crazy crap and break a million tackles in one run. i have a PS3 but i dont buy the next gen madden because the players run kinda stiff.

Yep. You and I will both have to agree on Madden for PS3. I got a PS3 three months ago and it is still sitting in the box in my living room. Madden for the PS3 is absolutely terrible. EA should have just waited til this year to come out with it since the development of the game was a lost cause.

Madden for PS2 remains the best in terms of gameplay and realism. Very enjoyable to play online. Do you have the capabilities to play online and just choose not to? If you can, send me a friend request (EDDIEK04). I only use the Falcons and am considered by some to be one of the best current gen players, albeit most people think I'm an idiot for still using the Falcons. But I am a Falcon fan through and through so no matter how bad last season was for us, I will always play with my home team.

EddieK (3/2/2008)
bossFALCON (3/2/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)
bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

Yep. You and I will both have to agree on Madden for PS3. I got a PS3 three months ago and it is still sitting in the box in my living room. Madden for the PS3 is absolutely terrible. EA should have just waited til this year to come out with it since the development of the game was a lost cause.

Madden for PS2 remains the best in terms of gameplay and realism. Very enjoyable to play online. Do you have the capabilities to play online and just choose not to? If you can, send me a friend request (EDDIEK04). I only use the Falcons and am considered by some to be one of the best current gen players, albeit most people think I'm an idiot for still using the Falcons. But I am a Falcon fan through and through so no matter how bad last season was for us, I will always play with my home team.

can you play PS2 games online on PS3? i only play the madden on the PS3 because ever since i got it the ps2 has been in the closet. i agree though man the ps2 madden has much better gameplay and i probably wont hop over to next gen madden until they make some changes.

Remarkable (3/2/2008)
LOL @ turning your AI all the way down the the CPU's all the way up and putting it on All-Madden. I'm sure you play against superhuman CPU players while your AI turn into *******.

yup thats what happens. the runningbacks start breaking a million tackles and what not, but hey it keeps the game competitive.

bossFALCON (3/2/2008)
Remarkable (3/2/2008)
LOL @ turning your AI all the way down the the CPU's all the way up and putting it on All-Madden. I'm sure you play against superhuman CPU players while your AI turn into *******.

yup thats what happens. the runningbacks start breaking a million tackles and what not, but hey it keeps the game competitive.

Yeah, ok. Sure.

Remarkable (3/2/2008)
bossFALCON (3/2/2008)
Remarkable (3/2/2008)

Yeah, ok. Sure.

I never believe that crap.Everyone always plays on all-madden with sliders favoring the computer,yeah......rrrrrrrrrright

bossFALCON (3/2/2008)
EddieK (3/2/2008)
bossFALCON (3/2/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)
bossFALCON (3/1/2008)
EddieK (3/1/2008)

can you play PS2 games online on PS3? i only play the madden on the PS3 because ever since i got it the ps2 has been in the closet. i agree though man the ps2 madden has much better gameplay and i probably wont hop over to next gen madden until they make some changes.

Yes, you can play your PS2 Madden online using your PS3.