Can the Falcons make the playoffs next year?

They won't even sniff the playoffs. You have to gut the entire roster because of the poor personnel decisions that have taken place over the past 5 years. There are layers of issues that your team has to work out before it's relevant and by relevant I mean a .500 ballclub.

It's going to be a long time, get ready.

Jedi-Falcon (2/12/2008)
Anything can happen. But they need to gut the entire core of this team and start completely new.

You really think so? The entire core? I personally believe we have some guys on the defensive side of the ball we can work with as a unit. I would feel really good with 6-8 of the same names starting on defense.

On offense we have 1 WR, an oft injured TE, a couple of backup QB's (Redman/Shockley) and maybe a 3rd down back in Norwood.

I could live with flushing the offense, but I see some potential on the D side of the ball.

Jigga Donkey (2/12/2008)
They won't even sniff the playoffs. You have to gut the entire roster because of the poor personnel decisions that have taken place over the past 5 years. There are layers of issues that your team has to work out before it's relevant and by relevant I mean a .500 ballclub.

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN AGAIN ......... AND THE DONKEY GOT IN.

REV.2000 (2/12/2008)
Jigga Donkey (2/12/2008)

SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN AGAIN ......... AND THE DONKEY GOT IN.

Well, run him back out! :D Sorry, wasn't my day to watch the gate today. Quick! Somebody throw a carrot out on I-285!

ancient raptor (2/12/2008)
Anything can happen. Personally I will be happy with anything 7 - 9 or better in the first TD & Smity reconstruction year.

i bet vegas odds are against it, but anything is possible. if you go up in a hot air ballon dont get too high, for if she comes down its a hard fall. thats how i view the falcons, expect the worst and hope for the best