Ok Matt Ryan lovers...lol

falkonX7 (2/11/2008)
I wish one of the Ryan lovers could tell me what makes him worthy of a top 5 pick.

I don't get it either. They believe that the only way to win is to draft a qb very high in the first round. What they don't understand is, Peyton, Eli, Rothlisberger, and Rivers are not in this draft. I really hope we don't waste a 3rd overall pick on someone who threw 19 INT's. To draft Matt Ryan third overall is the same as paying $1,000 for breakfast at Duncan donuts because you're hungry.

people think because matt ryan is the best QB in the draft he is worth a tip 5 pick.

its funny because they don't say the same thing about the RBs.

troy aikman went 1-15 before they got emmitt

john elway lost 3 super bowls badly before they got terrel davis

poor dan marino never had a chance.

I know there are other things involved, but the QB position is not necessarily a top 5 pick.

From what I have seen, over 80% of this board hates the idea of drafting Matt Ryan with our first pick. I have the idea of drafting him on the first day. I've seen him play, and I don't understand what the big deal is. He had a few late wins (Brady-esque, the 4th quarter type situation), but that is preceded by 58 minutes of suck. Most scout reports say he has really good intangibles, but everything else is average, and that he is not a franchise QB. I would honestly be pissed, I feel like we should KNOW what QB to get if we are picking top 5, but it looks like no QB's are worth a top 15 pick.

FalconFanatic!!!! (2/11/2008)
Matt Ryan with our O-line.... NO to Ryan

Uhh... I don't want to pick him either... but what is this supposed to do to "lower" the perception of Matt Ryan. If he held onto the ball or we could see wide open WRs in front of him that would have hurt his stock. The fact that he threw it away is something that I like.

joremari (2/11/2008)
it's not about matt ryan, i don't care about matt ryan the person. if he isn't a falcon it's not like i will follow his career. i just think he maybe the best qb we can get this year.

That's pretty sad. So none of the Qb's this year are Eli/Peyton Manning, Brady's, etc but you want a Qb just to say you want a Qb, no matter how bad they suck.

So basically, you want the kid out of Boston College, who's afraid of competition, had a pro-bowl OL (Gosder Cherilus, etc) and didn't face any REAL competition all year.

You'd rather waste a pick on him than get a bide-fide NFL starter/Pro-Bowler like Sedrick Ellis? You would rather see a Qb on the bench the first year and then suck it up for the next two-four years before we would ever know if he's any good?

Just because you want a Qb? Any Qb? You want a feel-good pick to satisfy your percieved need for another Qb?

I pay really good attention to college football. I've never even heard of him before this year. If we was a good Qb, he would of been making play throughout his career in orderf or people to recognize him. He will be the worse pick. Chad Henne is a safe pick. Lloyd Carr always produce good QB. Example- Tom Brady.

joremari (2/11/2008)it's not about matt ryan, i don't care about matt ryan the person. if he isn't a falcon it's not like i will follow his career. i just think he maybe the best qb we can get this year.
red2play (2/12/2008)
So basically, you want the kid out of Boston College, who's afraid of competition, had a pro-bowl OL (Gosder Cherilus, etc) and didn't face any REAL competition all year.

You'd rather waste a pick on him than get a bide-fide NFL starter/Pro-Bowler like Sedrick Ellis? You would rather see a Qb on the bench the first year and then suck it up for the next two-four years before we would ever know if he's any good?

Just because you want a Qb? Any Qb? You want a feel-good pick to satisfy your percieved need for another Qb?

Don't blame him...:satisfied:

He's one of those in charge of making the cool-aid around here I guess. :blink:

The only way you draft a QB in the top 10 is if he is clearly head and shoulders better than any other QB you can get in the 2nd round or later. I can't find anyone in this years draft that fits that. So, why would you even consider drafting a QB with the 1st pick? Well, if the Falcons were solid at every other position, and there were no holes and there was no player that would improve any other position then I would still say trade out of the pick.

dyoshot (2/11/2008)
falkonX7 (2/11/2008)
I wish one of the Ryan lovers could tell me what makes him worthy of a top 5 pick.

I don't get it either. They believe that the only way to win is to draft a qb very high in the first round. What they don't understand is, Peyton, Eli, Rothlisberger, and Rivers are not in this draft. I really hope we don't waste a 3rd overall pick on someone who threw 19 INT's. To draft Matt Ryan third overall is the same as paying $1,000 for breakfast at Duncan donuts because you're hungry.

well not that I want us to draft Ryan but when Peyton,Eli & Big Ben came out they we're doubted just like we re doing to Ryan. I'd like to say this, if we make some solid moves in the FA and get quality players on that front line we can draft a QB like Ryan AND have a good season next season. cause if memory serves me Big Ben won it all his rookie season.

with that being said I want us to draft a QB in the 2nd round. Flacco, Henne, Ainge, Woodson, Dixon any one of these could work for me. next season our offense will focus on the run game so the QB is not going to be asked to do much. If we can own the LOS we can dominant next season.

BTW I want Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis with our 1st pick. Flacco and Stewart in the 2nd

UGA_DAWG46 (2/12/2008)
I pay really good attention to college football. I've never even heard of him before this year. If we was a good Qb, he would of been making play throughout his career in orderf or people to recognize him. He will be the worse pick. Chad Henne is a safe pick. Lloyd Carr always produce good QB. Example- Tom Brady.

I had never heard of JaMarcus Russell (sp) before his final season either and he went #1 overall.

With that being said I would literally dropkick my TV if I heard Matt Ryan's name announced (for the Falcons) in the first round.

red2play (2/12/2008)
joremari (2/11/2008)
it's not about matt ryan, i don't care about matt ryan the person. if he isn't a falcon it's not like i will follow his career. i just think he maybe the best qb we can get this year.

That's pretty sad. So none of the Qb's this year are Eli/Peyton Manning, Brady's, etc but you want a Qb just to say you want a Qb, no matter how bad they suck.

So basically, you want the kid out of Boston College, who's afraid of competition, had a pro-bowl OL (Golder Cherilus, etc) and didn't face any REAL competition all year.

lol the only place ryan appears to suck is on AFMB. is it really b/c he sucks or is it b/c you want someone else?

BTW, what year did matt ryan's OL play in the probowl? i watched it on sunday and there wasn't a single BC player there.

while you can see into the future, while you know for a 100% fact that ryan will fail, who will win the next 5 super bowls?

the falcons are not gonna sit around and post 3-13 seasons after seasons waiting on the next peyton manning. that's ridiculous. do you have a better idea for what we do about the qb problem?

falkonX7 (2/11/2008)

It's really quite simple.

Matt Ryan is the best QB in the draft and in almost every draft there is a QB selected in the top 5.

QB is the most important position in football.

5 out of the first 6 teams selecting need a QB.

What's so hard to understand about that?

The_ ATL (2/12/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/12/2008)

I had never heard of JaMarcus Russell (sp) before his final season either and he went #1 overall.

With that being said I would literally dropkick my TV if I heard Matt Ryan's name announced (for the Falcons) in the first round.

Its all because people are hyping them up so much. Matt Ryan got his fame from the game winning drive against VT. However, he play poorly when the two teams meet again in th ACC championship. He had the ball with like 1 minute and 30 seconds to go and he had the ball for a game winning drive. What did he do. Poor throw on first and second down. And on the third and HUGE INTERCEPTION. Oh I forgot. His lost against FSU. He play so poorly. Bad decision. He only got his hype over one game. MATT RYAN will be the next version of TIM COUCH.

grendel (2/12/2008)
Greenwood (2/12/2008)
falkonX7 (2/11/2008)

Matt Ryan is the best QB in the draft and in almost every draft there is a QB selected in the top 5.

In what way is he the best QB in the draft? Post some meaningful measurement under which Matt Ryan is the best that doesn't involve Mike Mayock or Todd McShay saying so.

which qb in this draft is better then him?

grendel (2/12/2008)
joremari (2/12/2008)
grendel (2/12/2008)
Greenwood (2/12/2008)
falkonX7 (2/11/2008)

In what way is he the best QB in the draft? Post some meaningful measurement under which Matt Ryan is the best that doesn't involve Mike Mayock or Todd McShay saying so.

which qb in this draft is better then him?

Brian Brohm is demonstrably better than Ryan in every way.

Chad Henne is better.

I like Flacco better, although Flacco is a risk too. Flacco at least won't be a 1st round pick and his shortcomings are very coachable (with Ryan, you can't coach stupid).

Josh Johnson and Dennis Dixon both have a lot more potential than Ryan, IMO.

I would take Ryan before Woodson, Ainge, or Brennan. If I were running a WCO I'd take Booty over Ryan.

As you can see, Ryan wouldn't be very high on my list.

Brohm has no mobility and an injury history

We talk about Ryan losing to VT (actually split the season with VT, but whatever) but Henne LOST TO APPALACHIAN STATE! and henne had a ton more talent around him then Ryan did.

Flacco? how can anyone say ryan didn't play against anyone and support flacco? the best team he played was navy.