Mayock

Culain

For those that didn't

He was giving his top 10 players and Mcfadden wasn't among them so the Announcer asked him about Mcfadden he said he had only watched three tapes so far on McFadden, and that he wasn't impressed with him from those three tapes, and that he wouldn't draft Mcfadden before the 20th pick. he said McFadden had a good burst not much more.

For those that know Is Mayock a good draft person can he be taken seriously?

His top 10 went something like this

1. Matt Ryan- He believes he is a Franchise QB

2. Ellis/Dorsey

3. Dorsey/Ellis

4. Chris Long

5. Vernon Gholston

6. Long/ Clady

7. Clady Long

8. ?

9. Phillip Merling

10. Leodis Mcklevin

He also said that Henne was now the 2nd rated QB with Brohm going about the same time late 1st early 2nd.

atljbo (2/11/2008)
the falcons would be one of the luckiest teams ever if we could get brian brohm with our first pick in the second round

i wouldn't be against it at all, I want a QB in the 2nd and one of the top 3 would be great.

I just don't know much about who this Mayock is, he may just be some nut they brought in to fill time. I was just relaying what was said.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (2/11/2008)
the problem with brohm dropping to the second is miami, if he was at thier pick, u gotta believe that they would pick him in a heart beat, john beck looked terrible last season

That's a good point. Someone mentioned it the other day that SD only has like 1 or 2 draft picks in the first 4 rounds or so. We could potentially trade up with them into the late first, and get a guy like Brohm. I hate giving up draft picks, but I think Brohm is the best QB in the draft.

the thing is....mike mayock was the only person who called the brady quinn draft day slip and Aaron Rodgers draft day slip and he said reggie bush was a bit over-rated.......he has been the most accurate expert i have seen....so i will wait to see if he is right on this on

Culain (2/11/2008)
For those that didn't

He was giving his top 10 players and Mcfadden wasn't among them so the Announcer asked him about Mcfadden he said he had only watched three tapes so far on McFadden, and that he wasn't impressed with him from those three tapes, and that he wouldn't draft Mcfadden before the 20th pick. he said McFadden had a good burst not much more.

For those that know Is Mayock a good draft person can he be taken seriously?

His top 10 went something like this

1. Matt Ryan- He believes he is a Franchise QB

2. Ellis/Dorsey

3. Dorsey/Ellis

4. Chris Long

5. Vernon Gholston

6. Long/ Clady

7. Clady Long

8. ?

9. Phillip Merling

10. Leodis Mcklevin

He also said that Henne was now the 2nd rated QB with Brohm going about the same time late 1st early 2nd.

Mayok is such a ferry...

The Dolphins are interested in Delaware QB Joe Flacco, according to the Palm Beach Post.

A classic dropback passer, Flacco fits the Drew Bledsoe, Phil Simms mold. The Dolphins could hope he falls to them at the start of the third round. Flacco is untested against good competition and certainly isn't worthy of the No. 1 overall pick. It'd likely be a stretch to take him at No. 32 (second round).

Home > Inside the Dolphins > Archives > 2008 > February > 02 > Entry

Know about Joe Flacco yet? The Dolphins certainly do

By Tim Graham | Saturday, February 2, 2008, 06:44 PM

Who knows Joe Flacco?

A select group of draft-eligible quarterbacks have generated a vast majority of the attention this winter. Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson, Colt Brennan and even John David Booty get mentioned most often when discussing this year s draft class.

But because Flacco hails from the I-AA Delaware Fightin Blue Hens, he s largely unfamiliar to anybody other than college football savants and draftniks.

Those days are over. Flacco s stock is soaring, and the Dolphins are interested in the 6-foot-6, 232-pound accounting major. He certainly fits the classic quarterback mold Dolphins football operations exec Bill Parcells covets so much.

Although Parcells wasn t at the Senior Bowl last week, the Dolphins interviewed Flacco there and came away highly impressed maybe enough to take him in the second round.

word on the street is that parcells loves everything about joe flacco

yes, all signs point to both Henne and Flacco going at the top of the 2nd round - just hope the Falcons get one of them.

when its all said/done, I predict the QBs come off the board in these general areas:

Pick Player

06-14 Matt Ryan

15-35 Brian Brohm

31-50 Chad Henne

31-50 Joe Flacco

51-67 Andre Woodson

63-99 John David Booty

63-99 Erik Ainge

100-132 Josh Johnson

100-132 Dennis Dixon

133-200 Colt Brennan

Hey Culain, your "mock draft" will never work out. First off you can't have more than 10 picks in a draft. Second, Atlanta WILL NOT trade Hall. Ya'll have got to move on from this. We can't trade one of our BEST players cause he has an attitude. It takes one to play this game. It's an emontional game.