JP Losman

Why not? We're rebuilding anyway, and he has shown some promise. I heard one of his teammates talking about him (from Hawaii I think?) like they really respected him and believe he is "the guy" for them. I do think he's better than Harrington or Leftwich. I'm not sure about Redman. Haven't seen enough of him to form a long-term opinion, other than out of the 3 QBs that make up Redmanningtonwich, I'd prefer Redman to be the starter next year.

But btw, what started this? Is he a FA this year?

falconfootball (2/11/2008)
Why not? We're rebuilding anyway, and he has shown some promise. I heard one of his teammates talking about him (from Hawaii I think?) like they really respected him and believe he is "the guy" for them. I do think he's better than Harrington or Leftwich. I'm not sure about Redman. Haven't seen enough of him to form a long-term opinion, other than out of the 3 QBs that make up Redmanningtonwich, I'd prefer Redman to be the starter next year.

But btw, what started this? Is he a FA this year?

next year. he demanded a trade in december and said he will not re-sign next year.

i was thinking he was the QB with Mularkey when he had a pretty good year going deep to evans and with Mcgahee taking most of the load running i think. I was thinking he is a good stop gap QB who can come in for a few years while our QB who will probably be a project gets his legs under him. It was just an idea. I will go back to my real job now.

BruceReville (2/11/2008)
Great just what we need -- another Harrington on the team :w00t:

You can't seriously be comparing a recent draftee like Losman, who has only seen limited NFL action, to a long time QB like Harrington. It is WAY too early to call him a bust. I'm not saying he is the answer to our problems, but to comapre him to Harrington is absolutely ridiculous.

There is a pretty good chance that a change of scenery could do wonders for Losman; he has one heck of a rifle of an arm and the team he played for last season was plagued with injuries and devoid of a decent 2nd WR.

I really don't think that we bring in anymore of the retread loser QBs.

We some already thanks.

We could bring him into camp for competition for the backup job but only if we don't draft a qb at all. If we do draft a guy even if it is the 7th round we won't bring in any other QBs.

We would re sign redman before we did that.

leftwich, redman, shockley, draft pick, harrington going into camp

out of camp:leftwich redman draft pick to start the season

trubirdfan4life (2/12/2008)
I really don't think that we bring in anymore of the retread loser QBs.

We some already thanks.

We could bring him into camp for competition for the backup job but only if we don't draft a qb at all. If we do draft a guy even if it is the 7th round we won't bring in any other QBs.

We would re sign redman before we did that.

leftwich, redman, shockley, draft pick, harrington going into camp

out of camp:leftwich redman draft pick to start the season

I don't want Losman (even his name begins with 'Loss') here. But I fear that he may be looked at. Why?

- Mularkey had him in Buffalo

- Chris Scelfo had him at Tulane

I hope it doesn't happen.

I'm sorry, but you guys are giving Losman way too much crap. I watched him play a lot this year, mainly because he was throwing to my fantasy receiver, Lee Evans. I will tell you this, while he may not be the best quarterback, he has a cannon for an arm, and he knows that in order to win you need to get the ball to your weapons. Losman did a great job getting the ball to Lee Evans, and if he was on this team you could be assured that Roddy White would be getting the ball a whole lot more. I think he would be a great signing, but the Bills probably are going to want more than the Falcons are willing to give up.

Hmmm let me see:

Harrington - Drafted 3rd overall in 2002 ahead of David Garrard (4th Rd 108th pick), Started with Lions and Dolphins. Stunk both places.

Leftwich - Drafted 7th overall in 2003 behind Carson Palmer (1st Overall pick), Started with Jacksonville. Not productive enough.

Redman - Drafted 75th overall in 2000 ahead of Marc Bulger (6th Rd 168th pick) & Tom Brady (6th Rd 199th pick), Started a few games with Baltimore. Back injury.

Well like the other proven starters we brought in last year, we should already know what Losman has to offer.

Please note the quarterbacks from 2002 and 2003 drafts. Palmer and Garrard may be the only remaining starters.

Another note, picking the best quarterbacks available in day 1 is not necessarily the best way to go. Way more success (and time allowed to mature) with late round picks.

2008 Pro Bowlers:

Peyton Manning - 1st Overall Pick 1998

Ben Roethlisberger - 1st Rd 11th Pick 2004

Matt Hasslebeck - 6th Rd 184 Pick 1998

Derek Anderson - 6th Rd 213 Pick 2005

Jeff Garcia - Undrafted

Tony Romo - Undrafted

The last four on that list show what a great scouting and skill evaluation group can do for your team. Time for Dimi to work.