Panthers released LB Dan Morgan and OG Mike Wahle

atljbo

vicktimized~2136 (2/11/2008)
I do remember Dan Morgan getting injured time after time after time, but the guy's f*ckin' good, and MLB is definitely one of our most pressing needs. Anybody know what the injuries were? Abe was very injury prone too, but he did that core strengthening thing last year and stayed healthy all season.

Morgan has suffered many head injuries which have caused him to miss tons of games. I hope we don't go down this road.

No thanks on Morgan, bottom line is he's no better than Brooking at MLB, especially with all the injuries, cant take another chance just to end up with Adalius Thomas II. If were gonna spend money in FA we need to upgrade, considering our many other position needs, I think we can get by with the old GA boy for one more year and try to put some young playmakers around him. I am really hoping Darren Stone gets a shot next year at Safety. So much athletic abitlity and his hits remind me of the late Sean Taylor. Anyone know what his deal is or how he is coming along??? I really hope we don't let him go.

As for M. Wahle, dont know too much about him, but OL is one position where we could have an open tryout and upgrade. Sign him up!

look at this....i found this at one of the panthers message boards

Yep Im looking forward to an amazing left side of our Oline this upcoming season.

Do they realize they face John Abraham twice a year?

WHAT? Ohh... COME ON! Wahle is only 30 and he still has a lot of talent left, and is a leader on our O-line. why the heck are we cutting him?!? When I saw change this offseason, I was excited. If this is the type of change that they're showing, then this is not at all what I want.
**** ....Wahle > Faneca. Faneca is severely overrated
Watch Dan Morgan go somewhere and dominate. Never miss a play again

Panthers aren't in a much better position than us, they're doing some housecleaning. Morgan can't stay healthy, he shouldn't have still been playing last year and he should retire before his risk of permanent disability increases any further. As for Wahle, he's old and he's clearly not helping their running game any more than someone they could bring in for cheap.