Mock Draft V.4(w/ Off-season)

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. This is probobly going be be my last mock draft for the next couple if weeks, I'll try to get one in a week or two after the combine, though. Alright then, lets get started, shall we?

I'm assuming that we receive a 3rd round pick for Kerney.

Cuts:

Wayne Gandy

Brian Finneran

Quinn ojinakka

Joey Harrington

Lewis Sanders

Kynan Forney

Rod Coleman

Adam Jennings

Re-signings:

DeAngelo Hall

Chris Redman

Michael Boley

Tyson Clabo

Restructures:

Keith Brooking

Warrick Dunn

Joe Horn

Off-season signings:

Bryant Johnson WR: Bryant Johnson would be an excellent signing the our organization. Johnson will be what Michael Jenkins has failed to be, a reliable possesion reciever. Johnson has nice builld and size (6-3 217). I think we should demote Jenkins to the fourth or fifth string WR so that teams still have to gameplan against him, and he may cause matchup problems. How killer would our WR core be? It could look something like this:

1.Roddy White

2.Bryant Johnson/Laurent Robinson

3.Laurent Robinson/Bryant Johnson

4.Michael Jenkins

5.Adam Jennings

*Ken Hamlin* S: Boy is this years free agency full of S talent, or what? This signing would only occur if the coaching staff was sold that Jimmy Williams is simply just not the answer at FS. Another reason it isnt a likely signing is because Chris Crocker played well this season, so if we did need a FS we could sign Crocker to a cheaper contract.

Maurice Williams OG:Yet another great signing if this deal goes down. Williams is still relatively young (he is 28 years old). Williams would take over in the place of the cut Kynan Forney. Im assuming that we have Clabo take over for Wiener at RT and become our starter, so if this signing goes down we only have to fill one offensive line spot, and that is the all important LT spot (unless you're a left handed QB like YKW or Lienart).

Randal Gay CB: This signing right here is for depth purposes only. Gay would be our nickel CB and would fill in after Lewis Sanders is cut. Theres no such thing in the NFL as having too much CB depth!

Andrew Walter QB: Antoher depth signing here, I don't want our first year QB to start a game until the next year. Our first, second, and third string QBs will have to go down if he is to get any playing time. If we put him out there his rookie season it could really mess up his confidence. Plus, theres more compitition in training camp.

Onto the 2008 NFL draft:

1. Sedrick Ellis DT: Sedrick Ellis is simply a BEAST. I wouldn't mind Glenn Dorsey here either because they're both beasts. Sedrick Ellis is almost unblockable (he showed all of that in the Senior Bowl). Ellis will be that interior threat that we've been missing. With Ellis, we'll have a great passs rush, which will ultimently cause more and more turnovers. Sedrick Ellis uses his hands very well abd has great technique. He works very well in space.

2a.Anthony Collins OT-:Ladies and gentlemen, here is our LT of the future. I don't know too much on him, so if any of you have watched him closely I would appreciate some feedback on his game. With this selection we have our offensive line set. Our line would be relatively young, so we wouldnt have to worry about upgrading it for a couple of years while we could focus on other needs.

2b.Chad Henne QB: Would you look at that, two players of the future in a row! We need a young singel caller who will turn this franchise around and get us into the playoffs again. I wouldn't mind Joe Flacco either, however, Henne comes from a great football program, and a school that always has sends great football players to the NFL. I think Henne would suite this offense very well for years to come.

3a.Matt Forte RB: With this new run heavy offense that going to be in place, we need a big strong runner to compliment Norwood. Forte is an absolute monster at 6-2 221 pounds, and the Browns say that he is a "carbon copy" of Jamal Lewis. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold that Forte is going to be a stud in the NFL. See the similarity between JAX and the future of ATL's running game? Fred Taylor-the bruiser back.....MoJo-the guy who ran like a mad man after Taylor got the defence huffin' and puffin'. Forte-same as Taylor...Norwood-same as MoJo.

3b.Philip Wheeler ILB: Wheeler is an animal. While I would like to wait until next year to draft an ILB, I think that Wheeler would be a great fit. While he got occasional playing time (maybe 10 or 12 snaps a game) we would learn under Brookings wings. The future at MLB for years and years to come. I would love to bring Wheeler to the ATL.

4.Chris Harrington DE: When Abe isn't on the field, theres almost no pass rush. We need to change that, and thats where Harrington fits in. Like we saw in the Super Bowl, the more DEs and DTs you have, the better it is. Harrington will see plenty of action, and if John goes down because of injury, then we have a back up who can step up to the plate.

5.John Sullivan OC-We need some compitition for Doug Datish if Datish is to ever take over for McClure. I don't want to have a guy be the starter just because we had no one else to comete with him. If you want to be the starter you have to work for it.

6.Patrick Carter WR/KR: Adam Jennings is a joke. Our special teams is a joke when Jennings is returning kicks, get someone to replace him.

7a.Art Carmody K:This is self explanitory (I hope).

7b.Glenn Sharpe CB: More depth here.

Thats all for now folks, hope you liked it!!

Feedback would be great.

bush (2/11/2008)
Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. This is probobly going be be my last mock draft for the next couple if weeks, I'll try to get one in a week or two after the combine, though. Alright then, lets get started, shall we?

I'm assuming that we receive a 3rd round pick for Kerney.

Cuts:

Wayne Gandy

Brian Finneran

Quinn ojinakka

Joey Harrington

Lewis Sanders

Kynan Forney

Rod Coleman

Adam Jennings

Re-signings:

DeAngelo Hall

Chris Redman

Michael Boley

Tyson Clabo

Restructures:

Keith Brooking

Warrick Dunn

Joe Horn

Off-season signings:

Bryant Johnson WR: Bryant Johnson would be an excellent signing the our organization. Johnson will be what Michael Jenkins has failed to be, a reliable possesion reciever. Johnson has nice builld and size (6-3 217). I think we should demote Jenkins to the fourth or fifth string WR so that teams still have to gameplan against him, and he may cause matchup problems. How killer would our WR core be? It could look something like this:

1.Roddy White

2.Bryant Johnson/Laurent Robinson

3.Laurent Robinson/Bryant Johnson

4.Michael Jenkins

5.Adam Jennings

*Ken Hamlin* S: Boy is this years free agency full of S talent, or what? This signing would only occur if the coaching staff was sold that Jimmy Williams is simply just not the answer at FS. Another reason it isnt a likely signing is because Chris Crocker played well this season, so if we did need a FS we could sign Crocker to a cheaper contract.

Maurice Williams OG:Yet another great signing if this deal goes down. Williams is still relatively young (he is 28 years old). Williams would take over in the place of the cut Kynan Forney. Im assuming that we have Clabo take over for Wiener at RT and become our starter, so if this signing goes down we only have to fill one offensive line spot, and that is the all important LT spot (unless you're a left handed QB like YKW or Lienart).

Randal Gay CB: This signing right here is for depth purposes only. Gay would be our nickel CB and would fill in after Lewis Sanders is cut. Theres no such thing in the NFL as having too much CB depth!

Andrew Walter QB: Antoher depth signing here, I don't want our first year QB to start a game until the next year. Our first, second, and third string QBs will have to go down if he is to get any playing time. If we put him out there his rookie season it could really mess up his confidence. Plus, theres more compitition in training camp.

Onto the 2008 NFL draft:

1. Sedrick Ellis DT: Sedrick Ellis is simply a BEAST. I wouldn't mind Glenn Dorsey here either because they're both beasts. Sedrick Ellis is almost unblockable (he showed all of that in the Senior Bowl). Ellis will be that interior threat that we've been missing. With Ellis, we'll have a great passs rush, which will ultimently cause more and more turnovers. Sedrick Ellis uses his hands very well abd has great technique. He works very well in space.

2a.Anthony Collins OT-:Ladies and gentlemen, here is our LT of the future. I don't know too much on him, so if any of you have watched him closely I would appreciate some feedback on his game. With this selection we have our offensive line set. Our line would be relatively young, so we wouldnt have to worry about upgrading it for a couple of years while we could focus on other needs.

2b.Chad Henne QB: Would you look at that, two players of the future in a row! We need a young singel caller who will turn this franchise around and get us into the playoffs again. I wouldn't mind Joe Flacco either, however, Henne comes from a great football program, and a school that always has sends great football players to the NFL. I think Henne would suite this offense very well for years to come.

3a.Matt Forte RB: With this new run heavy offense that going to be in place, we need a big strong runner to compliment Norwood. Forte is an absolute monster at 6-2 221 pounds, and the Browns say that he is a "carbon copy" of Jamal Lewis. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold that Forte is going to be a stud in the NFL. See the similarity between JAX and the future of ATL's running game? Fred Taylor-the bruiser back.....MoJo-the guy who ran like a mad man after Taylor got the defence huffin' and puffin'. Forte-same as Taylor...Norwood-same as MoJo.

3b.Philip Wheeler ILB: Wheeler is an animal. While I would like to wait until next year to draft an ILB, I think that Wheeler would be a great fit. While he got occasional playing time (maybe 10 or 12 snaps a game) we would learn under Brookings wings. The future at MLB for years and years to come. I would love to bring Wheeler to the ATL.

4.Chris Harrington DE: When Abe isn't on the field, theres almost no pass rush. We need to change that, and thats where Harrington fits in. Like we saw in the Super Bowl, the more DEs and DTs you have, the better it is. Harrington will see plenty of action, and if John goes down because of injury, then we have a back up who can step up to the plate.

5.John Sullivan OC-We need some compitition for Doug Datish if Datish is to ever take over for McClure. I don't want to have a guy be the starter just because we had no one else to comete with him. If you want to be the starter you have to work for it.

6.Patrick Carter WR/KR: Adam Jennings is a joke. Our special teams is a joke when Jennings is returning kicks, get someone to replace him.

7a.Art Carmody K:This is self explanitory (I hope).

7b.Glenn Sharpe CB: More depth here.

Thats all for now folks, hope you liked it!!

Feedback would be great.

1. i love sedrick ellis

2.sam baker is who i preferred...i think he was a 3 time all american LT

2.love chad henne

3.forte might go before but im hopeing that he wont but i do love that pick...hehe i was the first to have him

3. wheeler will go in the 2nd round mark my words maybe jonathan goff if he has a freat combine

4.chris who??? never heard of this guy...

5. dont mind but could be WAY better here...

6.who again???? we could get a good K in the name of brandon coutu or the guy from wisc here

7. hes not very good but we could get ur PR/HR here in Dexter Jackson

7.who once more??? lol

What a surprise. Ellis, Collins, Henne, Forte, Wheeler. How original. No offense, but it's like the exact same 4-5 picks as 90% of the mocks here. It would be a good draft, yes, but I feel like there's only 1 mock going around. The 2nd day picks are somewhat different, but it usually consists of a DE, CB, K, and a KR. So I'm not saying it's a bad draft; I'm just saying it's not an original one.

texasbirdfan (2/11/2008)
Harrington- doesn't make financial sense to cut him

Hamlin- too good, way too expensive

Did you play WR in school?

No early round qb

no early round rb

Harrington needs to be cut, he is terrible

i agree with u on hamlin, too expensive, and williams should get 1 more year

Not sure what u mean about the WR,

Henne is a great prospect in the second, not alot of money tied up in him if it doesnt work out, and all the QB's this year have major ???

Matt forte is a great prospect, and good compliment to norwood. not the sexy pick like mcfadden, but could be a steal