some free agents to consider for the new regime

we are in need of some impact players...

RB-jamal lewis,justin fargus, michael lewis and dark horse michael pittman

LB-karlos dansby, calvin pace, landon jones, and dark horse jeremiah trotter

OG-ryan lilja, rex hadnot,rueben brown and dark horse milford brown

OT-jordan gross, sean locklear and dark horse max starks

S - kenny hamlin, sammy knight, jabril wilson and dark horse chris crocker

my personal picks would be RB justin fargus...LB calvin pace...OG rueben brown...OT sean locklear...and S sammy knight.

chime in with your choices of these or others you have in mind

RB - Julius Jones (DAL) - IMO he is a legit starting RB. Barber went to the PB this year, but as a backup to Jones. How messed up is that. Jones would be good value financially too.

**Just say no to....Michael Turner (SD)- sure he *could* become a solid starter, but he will be overpaid. He could also end up the next Lamont Jordan...

OG - Seth McKinney (CLE) - started @ OG for CLE, and they will likely let him walk to make room for LeCharles Bentleys return.

**Just say no to.... Ruben Brown (CHI)- His play is declining some, and he will be 33 by gametime next season. We dont need anymore oldies. I would also pass on Faneca (PIT)due to the age/cost ratio.

OT - Sean Locklear (SEA)or Tevelle Wharton (CAR). Wharton can play right or left and give us flexibility. CAR will keep Gross is sounds like, leaving the door open for Wharton to hit UFA.

**Just say no to.... Max Starks (PIT) - people love his size, but he can be lazy, and isnt even starting on his team unless it is desperation.

DT - Corey Williams (GB) - poor mans Rod Coleman. Posted 14 sacks over past 2 season for GB. They could let him walk due to Harrell and Jolley. Perfect UT for a cover 2 system.

**Just say no to....Albert Haynesworth (TEN)- I like his play this year, but you have to worry if he will settle back to medioce after a deal. That wouldnt be so bad if he didnt end up with the richest contract ever for a DT (which will likely happen).

trubirdfan4life (2/11/2008)

my personal picks would be RB justin fargus...LB calvin pace...OG rueben brown...OT sean locklear...and S sammy knight.

Quite a collection of the "most hospitalized in one career" list and cast offs. Hamlin too expensive, Turner way too expensive, Gross pansies won't let him go.

The Draft looks better and better....

You can rule out Michael Pittman straight away. No way does Arthur Blank, the most image conscious owner in the league, bring in a three-time wife beater, especially after having his star quarterback be a friggin' dog-fighter.

I'd rather get a running back, OT, and DT in the draft. For a guard, I'd kill for Alan Faneca (we'll have plenty of cap room for one marquee signing), or possible Stacy Andrews. For safety, Crocker would be okay with me while we find and groom a replacement; he was much improved last year. We might also actually get to see Jimmy Williams; stranger things have happened.

Direwolf

grendel (2/11/2008)
Here's a guy nobody is talking about: RB Mewelde Moore

He's averaged 4.9 YPC over his 4 seasons, but he hasn't taken a lot of pounding because he's behind Chester Taylor and now Adrian Peterson.

I think he'd be a very reasonable cost and could be a great backup RB, or even take over the starter role if needed. In his biggest year, 2005, he got 155 carries for 662 yards, or 4.3 YPC, so he didn't do too bad when he was asked to carry more of the load.

Moore is a very good receiver out of the backfield, plus he can also return kickoffs.

OT - Sean Locklear (SEA)or Travelle Wharton (CAR). Wharton can play right or left and give us flexibility. CAR will keep Gross is sounds like, leaving the door open for Wharton to hit UFA.

You remember when the Panthers tried Gross at LT and he failed miserably? I wonder if Carolina will let Wharton leave, at least to a division rival. That said, I think Wharton would be a fine pickup.

1989fan (2/11/2008)
RB - Julius Jones (DAL) - IMO he is a legit starting RB. Barber went to the PB this year, but as a backup to Jones. How messed up is that. Jones would be good value financially too.

**Just say no to....Michael Turner (SD)- sure he *could* become a solid starter, but he will be overpaid. He could also end up the next Lamont Jordan...

OG - Seth McKinney (CLE) - started @ OG for CLE, and they will likely let him walk to make room for LeCharles Bentleys return.

**Just say no to.... Ruben Brown (CHI)- His play is declining some, and he will be 33 by gametime next season. We dont need anymore oldies. I would also pass on Faneca (PIT)due to the age/cost ratio.

OT - Sean Locklear (SEA)or Tevelle Wharton (CAR). Wharton can play right or left and give us flexibility. CAR will keep Gross is sounds like, leaving the door open for Wharton to hit UFA.

**Just say no to.... Max Starks (PIT) - people love his size, but he can be lazy, and isnt even starting on his team unless it is desperation.

DT - Corey Williams (GB) - poor mans Rod Coleman. Posted 14 sacks over past 2 season for GB. They could let him walk due to Harrell and Jolley. Perfect UT for a cover 2 system.

**Just say no to....Albert Haynesworth (TEN)- I like his play this year, but you have to worry if he will settle back to medioce after a deal. That wouldnt be so bad if he didnt end up with the richest contract ever for a DT (which will likely happen).

Jones could be a strong possibility.. The Cardinals let go of his brother too soon, and see what happened to his career.

I can believe that The Falcons could sign him if they choose to draft OT or DT high, and lose the coin-flips..

justin fargus had twice the yards that julius jones had with less of an Oline and he didn't even start he was the 3rd guy going into the season.

he only started 7 games and only played in 14.

the guy has game.

That was the first season he has stayed healthy. He is too similar to Jerious Norwood. The whole idea of getting another RB is to get someone with a different skill set than Norwood's.

justin fargus had twice the yards that julius jones had with less of an Oline and he didn't even start he was the 3rd guy going into the season.

he only started 7 games and only played in 14.

the guy has game.

so did Lamont Jordan and Derrick Blaylock when they were backups. This guy is going to disappoint someone once they over pay him. OAK isnt making it a priority to keep him, and they havent had a good RB in ages.

Notice how truebirdfan's dark horses are all "african-american" - racial, man, racial!:D