Any word on who (if any) we'll franchise?

Farmer

whoever is the GM for the Browns sucks. He got absolutely ripped off in his trades.

My god...

Leigh Bodden (top CB)

Brodney Pool (starting FS)

Robaire Smith

2nd round pick

for

Louis Castillo

5th round pick.

wtf is he thinking? Castillo is good, but oft injured. This guy is lost.

Not to mention LeCharles Bentley and a 4th for Daryl Blackstock and a 6th.

Teams must love trading (or raping) this guy!

bossFALCON (2/11/2008)
i think we are working on boley. if we dont then we need to tag him and work on signing a long term deal.
Don't think you can tag a RFA. Maybe you can, but I doubt it. Even if you could tag him, don't think I would. I'd put the highest tender on him & get a 1st & 3rd round pick for him if he's signed away (which he probably wouldn't be at that price).

If we were able to franchise him(which I'm almost certain we can't), Boley would be guaranteed a minimum of $7,206,000 (the 2007 franchise contract value for LB's, so it will be higher this year assuredly) and that would be our cap hit from him on the year.

If we put the highest tender on him, then his contract for 2008 would be $2,562,000, a much more affordable figure.

Robb4242 (2/11/2008)
quote]Don't think you can tag a RFA. Maybe you can, but I doubt it. Even if you could tag him, don't think I would. I'd put the highest tender on him & get a 1st & 3rd round pick for him if he's signed away (which he probably wouldn't be at that price).

If we were able to franchise him(which I'm almost certain we can't), Boley would be guaranteed a minimum of $7,206,000 (the 2007 franchise contract value for LB's, so it will be higher this year assuredly) and that would be our cap hit from him on the year.

If we put the highest tender on him, then his contract for 2008 would be $2,562,000, a much more affordable figure.

you can franchise a player who is up for RFA. There was rumor floating around of the Browns doing this w/ Anderson to ensure if a team swiped him they had to surrender 2 first round picks to get him.

Just my .02 for this thread.

I honestly don't see the Falcons franchising Boley no need, just put the highest tender on him, Even if a team signs him away we loose a great player(that would suck), but on a positive note we gain an extra first and third. As for Hall if an agreement can't be reached next year they would have 2 choices franchise him or trade him either way we would be in good shape.