Is he worth it

atljbo

Its no doubt to me that D-Hall is worth that.....d-hall is a better corner then Nate Clements and has more potential then Marcus Trufant and Asante Samuel(dont forget D-Hall Kick Return skills)......The Question is...Will we be the team that pay D-Hall his money....I want to keep d-hall but is it worth mortgaging our future... We will have another vick situation....when vick played with us we complained about his salary and how his cap numbers took up 35-40% of our cap....and dude was our starting QB...lol

SO will we and should we be the team that pays D-Hall his money ?

I don't think he will either. (Blank, that is)

Much as I'd love for DHall to stay w/the Falcons, he really is a great cornerback, and he will probably get paid somewhere. I see him the same as I see Chad - great players on mediocre teams who are personally ready to win something (more than a Probowl visit) consistently on better teams. I think the Falcons should try to keep him, but I'm not sure they should try as hard as you're saying in this scenario. A lot of it may depend on exactly how he factors in to Smith & VanGorder's (ugh) plans for the defense.

Building a good team starts from having a good foundation. We need a couple of marquee players to build off on, especially since Brooking, Dunn, Vick are no longer the faces of the future. Right now the only faces I can think are are Boley and White. Out of the two, only White can be some sort of leader - Boley is more reserved. I think we need to add another piece to the puzzle - either buy keeping Hall or drafting some guy.

In my opinion though, I would keep Hall.

somecut8 (2/11/2008)
Building a good team starts from having a good foundation. We need a couple of marquee players to build off on, especially since Brooking, Dunn, Vick are no longer the faces of the future. Right now the only faces I can think are are Boley and White. Out of the two, only White can be some sort of leader - Boley is more reserved. I think we need to add another piece to the puzzle - either buy keeping Hall or drafting some guy.

In my opinion though, I would keep Hall.

me too. roddy is also kind of reserved like boley. i think that hall is one of the most open guys and is a good leader (i already know what some of you hall haters are about to say).

There are two ways of looking at it:

1. D Hall is better than Nate Clements and is deserving of a big payday.

2. (This is how I see it) No way Clements was worth the contract he signed.

I'm hoping Asante Samuel will see a contract around the $50 mil mark and bring D Hall's expectations back down to earth. If Samuel gets a bigger contract than Clements, then we might as well kiss D Hall goodbye.

i dont think d.hall will want that much money. probably 40-60 mil. i doubt he will want 100 unless we release him and he gets that from a new team.

come on now...Asante Samuel plays for one of the greatest franchises in nfl history and dude wants his money...lol.....D-hall will want his money bruh....its no loyalty in the nfl....If he blow out his knee tomorrow...we wont show d-hall loyalty and still sign him to a big contract

So lets not get it confused....PK was one of the most loved falcons in falcon history but he did the right business move for himself last offseason.....he could have let us franchise tage him them trade him to the seahawks like the jets did Abraham..

the point is that D-Hall will want his money but will we be that team that pays the man his money

Farmer (2/11/2008)
There are two ways of looking at it:

1. D Hall is better than Nate Clements and is deserving of a big payday.

2. (This is how I see it) No way Clements was worth the contract he signed.

I'm hoping Asante Samuel will see a contract around the $50 mil mark and bring D Hall's expectations back down to earth. If Samuel gets a bigger contract than Clements, then we might as well kiss D Hall goodbye.

Haha, funny, judging how Samuel whined about his contract last year, I doubt he'll agree with anything lower than Clements contract.

What the front office should do, is wait to see what teams do with Trufant, Samuel, Asomugha (all top shut down CBs). If the price is not too high for the average of them, I say they offer Hall a contract right now and try to find a middle ground between Trufant, Samuel, and Asomugha, and Clements paycheck. Like I said Good CBs are hard to come by. No matter how good you think d-hall is, the bottom line is he's better than half the starting CBs in the NFL. And with that kind of talent, young age, and potential, better to lock him down, and not regret it like (Kerney, Deion Sanders, etc.)

atljbo (2/11/2008)
i dont think d.hall will want that much money. probably 40-60 mil. i doubt he will want 100 unless we release him and he gets that from a new team.

come on now...Asante Samuel plays for one of the greatest franchises in nfl history and dude wants his money...lol.....D-hall will want his money bruh....its no loyalty in the nfl....If he blow out his knee tomorrow...we wont show d-hall loyalty and still sign him to a big contract

So lets not get it confused....PK was one of the most loved falcons in falcon history but he did the right business move for himself last offseason.....he could have let us franchise tage him them trade him to the seahawks like the jets did Abraham..

the point is that D-Hall will want his money but will we be that team that pays the man his money

but d. hall isnt asante nor his he PK. hopefully he doesnt demand tooooo much but i think we will pay him.

mcride (2/11/2008)
D Hall is an elite CB, but I can't see us giving him that long of a Contract. We would just putting ourselves in a bad position again. Say D-Hall goes down with a career ending injury. We are Screwed again.:cool:

if thats the case we shouldnt sign anyone longer than one year because anyone can get hurt on any play at anytime. you do have a point though.

"I believe in waiting in this situation," said Hall. "Yeah, I could think about an extension, but I think I want to wait and see what the market is going to be like. I'm in a good situation where I can wait."

"I can't do this no more," Hall said. "I won't do this no more, let me say that. I will not be a part of a losing team another year, no matter what I got to do, no matter who hates me, whatever. I won't be a part of a losing team again, not if I can help it. "

(i love his passion but yooo come on)

His exact words....dont let that PR comment he made about taking less money to play with Chris Houston trick u.....he will atleast want Nate Clements type contract

i want to keep d-hall but thinking he will not get a huge contract is just crazy.....the thing is....its alot of teams that want d-hall...i have read Pittsburgh and Kansas City Chiefs news papers sites that has said that there team is looking into the d-hall situation...

atljbo (2/11/2008)
"I believe in waiting in this situation," said Hall. "Yeah, I could think about an extension, but I think I want to wait and see what the market is going to be like. I'm in a good situation where I can wait."

"I can't do this no more," Hall said. "I won't do this no more, let me say that. I will not be a part of a losing team another year, no matter what I got to do, no matter who hates me, whatever. I won't be a part of a losing team again, not if I can help it. "

His exact words....dont let that PR comment he made about taking less money to play with Chris Houston trick u.....he will atleast want Nate Clements type contract

i want to keep d-hall but thinking he will not get a huge contract is just crazy.....the thing is....its alot of teams that want d-hall...i have read Pittsburgh and Kansas City Chiefs news papers sites that has said that there team is looking into the d-hall situation...

I mean I can just do the exact opposite. Say how he wants to play with Houston and stuff, and say whatever you said earlier to be BS and don't buy into it.

It's all speculation, nobody here knows neither what D-Hall thinks or the FO thinks.

Steelers and Chiefs are interested in D-Hall because they know he's good. That's why they are willing to spend money on him. If we are afraid to sign good players, then I don't know how we are going to build a good team. Draft a rookie, have him become good, then trade him/release him? Sounds like a great plan for long term success.

atljbo (2/11/2008)

I think you & I interpret what we've read on Hall the same. He is going to get his paycheck, don't doubt that. And I don't see any specific loyalty to Atlanta or the Falcons in what I see him communicate to the media. One thing's for sure... he does seem to be in the catbird seat right about now.