Just wanting honest opinions.

This thread is not made to sound like a YKW follower or even a person that believes he may or may not ever play for the Falcons again. (or any other team for that matter).

At the same time I ask for some honest input here.

If QB's Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would have been drafted by the Falcons would they be known for their greatness and leadership roles like they are today? I say absolutely not, no way in h***.

If YKW would have been drafted by New England or the Colts would he have been reared as one of these "best of all time" guys? (less the dogfighting of course)

We will probably never know, at the same time I have seen YKW look like it when given time to throw so IMHO I believe the possibility of it is there and maybe even more so with his running ability.

What do you honestly think?

PS. Please don't ridicule me and call me a Vickie, hugger, etc. I'm only looking for honest answers from people that understand the power of a great offensive line over mediocre ones.

people think what they want to about vick, but if he would of had a couple of probowl lineman, wide recievers who could catch the ball, then he would be up their at the top of the list maybe top 10 QB's in the nfl right now. He had no supporting casts what so ever. people ridicule him because he ran so much, well **** when no one is blocking more then 2 seconds for him to get the ball off in time, then what else is he suppose to do? everyone knows it, but the haters dont want to say it so i will. vick was the best thing that has happened to the falcons in a long time. a good offensive line, and recievers that can be reliable, then we wouldnt be questioning his skills.

When YKW had protection he was great passing the ball - problem is the O-Line has been for years the least concern for the Front Office and Coaching Staff and it shows -- the other two afford mentioned QBs would have their struggles as well behind our O-Line especially Brady who I feel is a big benefactor from the team he just so happens to be on - there is no guarentee that he would be as successful anywhere else -- same goes for YKW as well -- one glaring problem he had despite a bad O-Line was inconsistencies in throwing the ball - there were days the O-Line was playing great and he was passing like shyt - then again there were days the O-Line played like crap and he made some great plays -- Woulda/Coulda/Shoulda - it's a game we can play 1001 times and never have the same outcome twice -- I wonder if Brett Favre would still be recognized as one of the best QBs in the league if he never went to that little town in Wisconsin - I highly doubt it

when vick had time to throw and the receivers caught the ball he played well. manning and brady cannot really be compared to vick because they(all 3 of them) came into different situations. brady and manning also have different playing styles and passing styles then vick. vick threw left handed and was 6 feet tall. the only other qb that short is brees i do believe. we all know what kind of weapons brees has around him. brady and manning are both around 6'4-5. vick also had the talented scrambling ability that neither of the other two possess. the only problem with the scrambling is that qb's may tend to have happy feet. manning already had marvin harrison and marshall faulk when he first joined the team. brady nor vick had that type of talent when they first joined their teams. vick had michael jenkins whom he played with for 3 years and roddy white whom he played with for 2 years.

thats what i never got.....when he had great protection...his numbers was outstanding...and he played behind this O-Line that everyone says is so terrible....

I will never be one of those dudes that says Vick will be back with this team but i will say this...... He would be the perfect QB in this new play-action Offense...also look at what vick did for warrick dunn career and look at the ways he could have helped the new running back that we will get and Norwood....just the threat of vick running open up running lanes...but yea .......vick is gone

I believe if any QB has enough time and good enough recievers they can be as good as Manning or Brady, if they don't then you get what we had this year. Vick has/had the potential to be a great QB but didn't have the weapons to ever really get where he needed to be.

atljbo (2/11/2008)
thats what i never got.....when he had great protection...his numbers was outstanding...and he played behind this O-Line that everyone says is so terrible....

I will never be one of those dudes that says Vick will be back with this team but i will say this...... He would be the perfect QB in this new play-action Offense...also look at what vick did for warrick dunn career and look at the ways he could have helped the new running back that we will get and Norwood....just the threat of vick running open up running lanes...but yea .......vick is gone

very true. he would be great in this offense.

Like you said, we'd never know.

Theres a lot of if ands and buts, but some things we can never know, that is unless we can rewrite history.

I wish that Vick never got involved in dogfighting, but I can't do anything about it now. Sometimes I think that if Vick were still here, we'd be a perennial playoff team.

bossFALCON (2/11/2008)

one thing i have to say thats bad about vick.....yes he did give everything he had on that field......but vick has never had the drive to be great.....vick has never been a student of the game and has never gave the game all he had

atljbo (2/11/2008)
bossFALCON (2/11/2008)

one thing i have to say thats bad about vick.....yes he did give everything he had on that field......but vick has never had the drive to be great.....vick has never been a student of the game and has never gave the game all he had

that is also true. i remember when he got flamed for sitting on the bench and letting schaub go in when we were losing 38-28 against the cowboys in 06. i think he should have stayed in the game even though he was hurt. in the 06 championship game manning broke or dislocated his thumb but stayed in. brady played hurt in the superbowl just like T.O.. i wont compare their injuries though so i will just leave it like that.

i think we all can say that if vick was given the opportunity to come back into the league when he gets out, and he goes to a division rival like the bucs or panthers, or even the saints, imagine him, reggie bush, marcus colston on offense...wow. we would get our butts handed to us 2 times a season, and we would all feel like idiots for not allowing him a second chance. if he was to play for the saints, and they came to the dome, saints fans would outnumber falcons fans drastically, just like the pittsburgh game..**** i will never forget that.

falconsstomp (2/11/2008)
i think we all can say that if vick was given the opportunity to come back into the league when he gets out, and he goes to a division rival like the bucs or panthers, or even the saints, imagine him, reggie bush, marcus colston on offense...wow. we would get our butts handed to us 2 times a season, and we would all feel like idiots for not allowing him a second chance. if he was to play for the saints, and they came to the dome, saints fans would outnumber falcons fans drastically, just like the pittsburgh game..**** i will never forget that.

lol steelers fans outnumber other fans in any stadium. its a common fact. you do have a point though. he would probably go to the bucs or panties. that would suck.

bossFALCON (2/11/2008)
falconsstomp (2/11/2008)

lol steelers fans outnumber other fans in any stadium. its a common fact. you do have a point though. he would probably go to the bucs or panties. that would suck.

yea thats true, but did they have to show us out like that on national tv??i mean dang, that was embarrassing, even though we won.

falconsstomp (2/11/2008)
bossFALCON (2/11/2008)
falconsstomp (2/11/2008)

yea thats true, but did they have to show us out like that on national tv??i mean dang, that was embarrassing, even though we won.

yea it was embarrassing. i hope we play them at home from now on. hold on i take that back.

Crtl_Alt_Delete (2/11/2008)
This thread is not made to sound like a YKW follower or even a person that believes he may or may not ever play for the Falcons again. (or any other team for that matter).

At the same time I ask for some honest input here.

If QB's Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would have been drafted by the Falcons would they be known for their greatness and leadership roles like they are today? I say absolutely not, no way in h***.

If YKW would have been drafted by New England or the Colts would he have been reared as one of these "best of all time" guys? (less the dogfighting of course)

We will probably never know, at the same time I have seen YKW look like it when given time to throw so IMHO I believe the possibility of it is there and maybe even more so with his running ability.

What do you honestly think?

PS. Please don't ridicule me and call me a Vickie, hugger, etc. I'm only looking for honest answers from people that understand the power of a great offensive line over mediocre ones.

First of all,you could put #7 on the Patriots or the Colts and they would win less games period. Not saying Vick passing stats wouldn't be vastly improved,but the would be no where near Manning and Brady because thier physical liabilities lack of mobility running speed have made them better students of the passing game.Vick would be good especially if the coach threw in some plays tailored to Vicks skill set.That said Brady and Manning would be no where as good if they played on the Falcons 2001-2007.They would have gotten killed behind the swiss cheese OL. Honestly with Knapp as OC Vick never got a chance to develope as a passer.

dirtybird7181 (2/11/2008)
YKW is gone. He is a convict, serving time in prison for crimes he committed.

He will not play for the Falcons again. Some team may give him a shot, once he is out of prison, but he has played his last game for the Falcons, he is not coming back, get over it, move on.

i mean u act like we all just climbed out from under a rock or something, and dont already know this. if u cant stick to the topic of conversation, STFU...

putnam6 (2/11/2008)

First of all,you could put #7 on the Patriots or the Colts and they would win less games period. Not saying Vick passing stats wouldn't be vastly improved,but the would be no where near Manning and Brady because thier physical liabilities lack of mobility running speed have made them better students of the passing game.Vick would be good especially if the coach threw in some plays tailored to Vicks skill set.That said Brady and Manning would be no where as good if they played on the Falcons 2001-2007.They would have gotten killed behind the swiss cheese OL. Honestly with Knapp as OC Vick never got a chance to develope as a passer.

Well obviously if you put him on the Pats then he probably would lose less game since they lost only 1 games this whole year, as far as the Colts maybe but not that much off as Manning. I agree with everything you said though.

atljbo (2/11/2008)

I agree that he didn't give it all, but I still think he wanted to be great but didn't do enough to be great. But if he gave it all and put time in the off-season and studied film I really don't think it would of made much of a difference with the O-line problems. I thought him and the receivers maybe could of bonded more if they didn't.

Bloodhoundz Reborn (2/11/2008)
atljbo (2/11/2008)

I agree that he didn't give it all, but I still think he wanted to be great but didn't do enough to be great. But if he gave it all and put time in the off-season and studied film I really don't think it would of made much of a difference with the O-line problems. I thought him and the receivers maybe could of bonded more if they didn't.

That's the one thing about him possibly coming back. He is gonna be one motivated SOB I have no doubt.

falconsstomp (2/11/2008)
dirtybird7181 (2/11/2008)
YKW is gone. He is a convict, serving time in prison for crimes he committed.

He will not play for the Falcons again. Some team may give him a shot, once he is out of prison, but he has played his last game for the Falcons, he is not coming back, get over it, move on.

i mean u act like we all just climbed out from under a rock or something, and dont already know this. if u cant stick to the topic of conversation, STFU...

very classy dude...... I hope nobody counts on you as a role model. Just because someone has a different opinion than you, you feel the need to put them down, and say STFU.... I cross my fingers you dont have any kids....

Good day

Again I want to thank those that have posted honest opinions.

I do want to say that the one or 2 persons that want to turn this into a Vick love hate thing to please don't do so.

This is not about dog fighting, hate, or love for a player.

It is also not a thread to try and compare Manning, Brady or Vick whatsoever other than to see honest thoughts about where each of these 3 guys would have been in their careers before the dog fighting incident.

Would Brady have been to the super bowl 4 times with the Falcons supporting cast?

Would Manning be looked at as the God of all Qb's like he is now had he been with the Falcons?

Would Vick have a super bowl ring had he been behind one of these two elite franchises?

I think we all know in heart what the possibilities are but do we have the openness to admit it? Or was it just a farse when Vick said he would like to for one day play with recievers like Marvin Harrison etc and have that kind of line in front of him to see what he could do

Again,

Thanks