My first ever mock

skynyrd04

Note: I dont make trades, you just never know.

R1: Darren McFadden-RB-ARk

-If we end up picking 3rd, we get the enviable position of selecting from among about 4 players that fill needs. I hate to say it but I think Dunn is done, and though I love Norwood that's no reason to pass on this draft's Adrian Peterson. McFadden starts from day 1 and is our franchise for the next several seasons.

R2A: Andre Woodson-QB-Kentucky

- We need a QB. Before you tell me about my gift for understatement let me explain the pick. Woodson is apparently dropping on the draft boards right now. But he can sit behind Redman for one year and see occasional playing time. He's big(6'5''-230) and his TD-INT ratio is undeniable(40-11). Espeacially when you think that he put up those numbers in the SEC at KY.

R2B: Chris Williams-LT-Vanderbilt

-Let the most overdue overhaul begin! Williams certainly fits the bill at 6'6" and 320lbs. Much like Jay Cutler, he gets little attention playing for one of the few weak teams in the SEC. But Williams has experience against premier college defenses, LSU, UGA, etc. Atl could have that elusive franchise tackle.

R3: Lawrence Jackson-DE-USC

- Impressed with Anderson? Me neither and that's why we take this chance to add a potential future starter. Jackson started 4 years in the Pac and recorded 10.5 sacks in his senior season. May start in the future but adds depth to the rotation in '08.

R4A: Johnathan Goff-ILB-Vanderbilt

- I couldn't stay away from the SEC for more than one pick. Brooking is getting older and there isn't an heir to the middle on the roster. Goff is 6'4"-240 and recorded 113 tks, 3 sks, and 2 ints in his senior year.

R4B: Trae Williams-CB-South Fla

- From here on we look at depth. If Hall stays and Houston continues to progress then a solid nickle is what we need. A talent from a school on the rise. Williams is slight of build (5'10"-185) but he had 6 ints in his senior year.

R5: Tyrell Jackson-S-Ark St.

-A small school prospect, but this particular safety class is weak. Lawyer's getting older and we still haven't found the answer at FS.

R6: Fernando Velasco-C-UGA

-Time for some home cookin. McClure is getting older and doesn't exactly fit into Smith's idea for a Jacksonville styled power running game. Velasco is the biggest C in the draft at 318lbs.

R7A: Taylor Mehlhaff-K-Wisconsin

-I feel the same as everyone else: why use a pick on a K? Well, Mort's as old as your dad, and the truth is successful teams have stability at this position. Coutu from UGA is another possibility here.

R7B: Jason Shirley-DT-Fresno St.

- He's big 320lbs. Why not take a shot if he's there this late?

Well, that took a while. Questions, comments, opinions?

scott24falcs (2/10/2008)
The Cush (2/10/2008)
Not too bad. But Chris Williams looks to be a lock in the first round right now.

Yeah, Lawrence Jackson too.

i havent seen that, i thought he was more of a mid 2nd rounder.

i really think phillip merling will end up in the late 1st round, i think he is rising right now at the DE position.

but good mock, i wouldnt be dissapointed if it turned out that way, good work, those do take a while dont they?

i look forward to reading your second mock, great start man. ;)

Mr. Offseason (2/11/2008)
scott24falcs (2/10/2008)
The Cush (2/10/2008)
Not too bad. But Chris Williams looks to be a lock in the first round right now.

Yeah, Lawrence Jackson too.

i havent seen that, i thought he was more of a mid 2nd rounder.

i really think phillip merling will end up in the late 1st round, i think he is rising right now at the DE position.

but good mock, i wouldnt be dissapointed if it turned out that way, good work, those do take a while dont they?

i look forward to reading your second mock, great start man. ;)

Yeah, you're right. I got Jackson and Keith Rivers confused. My fault. ;)

Ya Jackson is more than likely a mid 2nd round pick mostly due to the fact that he isn't going to put up amazing numbers at the combine. I follow Southern Cal closely being a fan and all, and even though his workouts won't be as impressive as others he knows how to get the job done. BTW not bad for your 1st mock, I won't nit pick too much but I'd switch Williams and Woodson around. Nice job.

Intersting.. I d like D-Mac. But I think we need a OT or DT in the first. And maybe get forte in the second. JMO.. Woodson is a younger Leftwich in a way.. His a slow release and not a good passer on the run. Not a good pick in the second. Don t think Williams will be there in the late second. If he s there. GET HIM. I like Jackson. Don t think he will be there though. Jerod Mayo would be my pick. Goff would be a steal in the 4th. Don t think he s there though. Trae Williams is a great pick up in the 4th. But if his partner goes earlier like everyone thinks (Mike Jenkins). Trust me Trae won t last this long. Don t know much about Jackson. I like Velasco in the 6th.. We need that big C. Mehlhaff would be great here. Don t know much about Shirley, but if he s anything like Trey lewis. I m in.

BillyWitchDoctor (2/11/2008)
Ya Jackson is more than likely a mid 2nd round pick mostly due to the fact that he isn't going to put up amazing numbers at the combine. I follow Southern Cal closely being a fan and all, and even though his workouts won't be as impressive as others he knows how to get the job done. BTW not bad for your 1st mock, I won't nit pick too much but I'd switch Williams and Woodson around. Nice job.

Yeah, for whatever reason I was thinking Jackson was the OLB, and Rivers was the DE. BTW, nice job for your first mock.

I actually like your picks outside of the first 2. I could live with DMC, but I just dont want to touch Woodson. Especially not @ 35 or so.

Also, Chris Williams seems to be a lock to go in round one, and could go top 15 even!

I also think that you are about a 1/2 round late on Lawrence Jackson.

overall, I like it, and could even live with McFadden if it all went that way. Just sub Woodson with Brohm, Henne, Flacco heck even Booty.....

skynyrd04 (2/10/2008)
Note: I dont make trades, you just never know.

R1: Darren McFadden-RB-ARk

-If we end up picking 3rd, we get the enviable position of selecting from among about 4 players that fill needs. I hate to say it but I think Dunn is done, and though I love Norwood that's no reason to pass on this draft's Adrian Peterson. McFadden starts from day 1 and is our franchise for the next several seasons.

R2A: Andre Woodson-QB-Kentucky

- We need a QB. Before you tell me about my gift for understatement let me explain the pick. Woodson is apparently dropping on the draft boards right now. But he can sit behind Redman for one year and see occasional playing time. He's big(6'5''-230) and his TD-INT ratio is undeniable(40-11). Espeacially when you think that he put up those numbers in the SEC at KY.

eh? no... chad henne would be here

R2B: Chris Williams-LT-Vanderbilt

-Let the most overdue overhaul begin! Williams certainly fits the bill at 6'6" and 320lbs. Much like Jay Cutler, he gets little attention playing for one of the few weak teams in the SEC. But Williams has experience against premier college defenses, LSU, UGA, etc. Atl could have that elusive franchise tackle.

wont be here but we can get sam baker here..or we get baker with our first 2nd and this is our henne pick

R3: Lawrence Jackson-DE-USC

- Impressed with Anderson? Me neither and that's why we take this chance to add a potential future starter. Jackson started 4 years in the Pac and recorded 10.5 sacks in his senior season. May start in the future but adds depth to the rotation in '08.

like...but we could get another lineman

R4A: Johnathan Goff-ILB-Vanderbilt

- I couldn't stay away from the SEC for more than one pick. Brooking is getting older and there isn't an heir to the middle on the roster. Goff is 6'4"-240 and recorded 113 tks, 3 sks, and 2 ints in his senior year.

love it

R4B: Trae Williams-CB-South Fla

- From here on we look at depth. If Hall stays and Houston continues to progress then a solid nickle is what we need. A talent from a school on the rise. Williams is slight of build (5'10"-185) but he had 6 ints in his senior year.

only if we know that dhall is leaving

R5: Tyrell Jackson-S-Ark St.

-A small school prospect, but this particular safety class is weak. Lawyer's getting older and we still haven't found the answer at FS.

dont like

R6: Fernando Velasco-C-UGA

-Time for some home cookin. McClure is getting older and doesn't exactly fit into Smith's idea for a Jacksonville styled power running game. Velasco is the biggest C in the draft at 318lbs.

good backup

R7A: Taylor Mehlhaff-K-Wisconsin

-I feel the same as everyone else: why use a pick on a K? Well, Mort's as old as your dad, and the truth is successful teams have stability at this position. Coutu from UGA is another possibility here.

like....or brandon coutu

R7B: Jason Shirley-DT-Fresno St.

umm....idk we should get a dt in the first day garunteed

- He's big 320lbs. Why not take a shot if he's there this late?

Well, that took a while. Questions, comments, opinions?

overall... descent but could be better...btw its still good for ur first mock