we need Mcfadden Adrian Peterson's Pro Bowl MVP Proves It

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legion (2/10/2008)
I didn't vote, but to tell the truth. McFadden and AP are two different people and two different types of runners and the same connection can be made to Bush if this is the case.

Amen to that! We need to look at the offensive line first. Granted, we may take the guy, but he will need a rebuilt offensive line for sure.

ajohnson1050 (2/10/2008)
Legion (2/10/2008)
I didn't vote, but to tell the truth. McFadden and AP are two different people and two different types of runners and the same connection can be made to Bush if this is the case.

Amen to that! We need to look at the offensive line first. Granted, we may take the guy, but he will need a rebuilt offensive line for sure.

Exactly. I don't mind taking him because he has solid side and speed, but we need a line and there are other good RB's in the draft.

The Falcon Ace (2/10/2008)
Of this decade, only two RBs I can think of right off the bat have come in and made that big of an impact. That would be LT and AP. AP, of course, benefited from having the best offensive line in the NFL.
If its all about the oline and the vikings have the best why do they suck?They arent the playoffs and havent been close until peterson.Well?Why have they sucked soooo sooo long with such a great and I have heard the best here?

We are going to look in FA for veteran lineman IMO, names like Max Starks and Mo Williams, both have played on the "power running" system. I was once on the trade down get Stewart and a LT bandwagon but if we can get those two lineman with their experience and age drafting DMC would be a big step in making our offense respectable. People say he isnt a power runningback but if you go look at when he first got to Arkansas they didnt line him up at QB, that was instituted during his sophmore campaign. Even with that Mike Mularkey likes to through a couple of trick plays in to keep Ds honest and who else more capable of doing so than the man in my sig. Hes durable and a north-south runner with exceptional speed. While he and AP are different runners you can see similarities as well.

bigduke633 (2/10/2008)
The Falcon Ace (2/10/2008)
Of this decade, only two RBs I can think of right off the bat have come in and made that big of an impact. That would be LT and AP. AP, of course, benefited from having the best offensive line in the NFL.
If its all about the oline and the vikings have the best why do they suck?They arent the playoffs and havent been close until peterson.Well?Why have they sucked soooo sooo long with such a great and I have heard the best here?

the vikings havent reeeaaallly sucked unless you want to count the 60's. they have only had back to back losing seasons 2 times in since 1968.

McFadden is a very good back. I would not be sick if we drafted him. Having said that, Darren McFadden is in no way, shape or form comparable to Adrian Peterson - he's just not!

Defensive lineman "cry" whenever AP crashes the line over and over. The D-Line gets tired of trying to tackle AP. Peterson can run over you, through you, cut by you, and he's goooonnnneeeee!

McFadden has the speed and decent power but does not have the field vision nor the cut-back ability that AP has.......

.....sorry, he just doesn't.

This draft is so deep at RB and Falcons just need to draft some "thunder" to go with Norwood's "lightning". I like Matt Forte' in the late 3rd round.

The Falcons need to "mash" up front and get offensive and defensive linemen.