Pick a Free Agent OT

Eric Obraiden (2/10/2008)
scott24falcs (2/10/2008)
I say Flozell Adams. He would instantly gives us a great, veteran prescence on what looks to be a very young OL.

I agree. But i'm wondering if Flozell doesn't go to the phins. I think Starks is our target. Wasn't he drafted when Mularkey was still the OC?

I believe Mularkey left Pittsburgh for Buffalo the same year that Starks was drafted (2004).

scott24falcs (2/10/2008)
Eric Obraiden (2/10/2008)
scott24falcs (2/10/2008)
I say Flozell Adams. He would instantly gives us a great, veteran prescence on what looks to be a very young OL.

I agree. But i'm wondering if Flozell doesn't go to the phins. I think Starks is our target. Wasn't he drafted when Mularkey was still the OC?

I believe Mularkey left Pittsburgh for Buffalo the same year that Starks was drafted (2004).

Thanks! I still think he might be a target from a size and experience in a mularkey type offensive scheme.

Boley59 (2/10/2008)
Starks he will be cheaperst and youngest. Getting and old tackle like flozell will be useless he will be to old by time we contend again.

I agree Boley59. Out of those choices, Starks is the best. However, I think Falcons should also look at Jordan Gross - he would be my first choice if he does not get franchised.

Agree with others to look at Maurice Williams as well....

The good(or bad) thing about Maurice Williams is......he played for the Jax Jags - same team where our head coach came from. If Falcons sign Maurice, you know we will have a good one because Mike Smith got to watch this guy practice, play and knows his demeanor.

IF we sign Maurice, then he probably is going to be a good one - if we don't, he probably sucks!:D

This offseason the Panthers would have to re-sign both OT`s and I doubt they do so because of such high amounts of money that would be wanted.

Wharton is probably the odd man out because Gross gives them more of the possibility of versatility. I think this offseason will be same as last season`s, where Offensive linemans were overpaid.

g-dawg (2/10/2008)I agree Boley59. Out of those choices, Starks is the best. However, I think Falcons should also look at Jordan Gross - he would be my first choice if he does not get franchised.

If I had to pick a anme from the list it would be Travelle Wharton hands down. It isnt the greatest pool to select from though. Adams is too old and Starks isnt good. People need to get over Starks. He is big, thats it. And we dont have Petrino anymore, so dont be so sure that we still will value size over substance.

1989fan (2/11/2008)
If I had to pick a anme from the list it would be Travelle Wharton hands down. It isnt the greatest pool to select from though. Adams is too old and Starks isnt good. People need to get over Starks. He is big, thats it. And we dont have Petrino anymore, so dont be so sure that we still will value size over substance.

That's exactly right.

1989fan (2/11/2008)

Thank you!

If the Steelers didn't want Starks starting for them, why would we want him to start for us?

My #1 choice would be to get whoever the Panthers can't afford to sign - Wharton or Gross. If we can't get either, then I'm hoping we go after Williams.