what on the menu tonight thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

etifan (3/5/2008)
After a conflict-laden day and the stress of Ohio/Texas, last night's dinner ended up being several glasses of wine.

Falconchef, what's your meal plan this week?

Sounds like you need some comfort food this weekend, etifan! Let's make BRACIOLE together this weekend! It's like Italian Pot Roast. You get some chuck steaks and pound them thin. Season both sides (as if I had to tell YOU that!:)), then spread each steak with a helping of filling made from Fresh chopped garlic, shallot, parsley, basil, thyme, lemon zest, and browned Italian Sausage. Fold the ends in and roll the filled steaks up. Dust the outsides with seasoned flour and sear/sautee in a hot pan with a little coat of olive oil and butter. Deglaze pan with red wine and a whole jar of your favorite marinara. Add more red wine until beef is just covered completely with liquid. Cover with foil and bake in 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Serve over any cheese-filled pasta (tortellini, ravioli, manicotti, etc) with salad and garlic bread!

The rest of this week's menus:

Tonite: Going to church...they'll feed me there:P

Tomorrow: Salmon burgers with Kale and Hominy soup

Friday: Roast Beef, Smashed Red Potatoes with Roasted Garlic, Melange of Grilled vegetables, Caesar Salad (leftover from a party catered this week)

Saturday: Apricot and Ginger Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Sweet Potato Risotto, Green Beans Almondine, Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette (also leftover from a party catered this week)

Sunday: BRACIOLE with cheese-filled manicotti, Garden Salad, and Garlic Bread (for etifan)

• 2 weeks later...
falconchef (3/5/2008)
Sounds like you need some comfort food this weekend, etifan! Let's make BRACIOLE together this weekend! It's like Italian Pot Roast. You get some chuck steaks and pound them thin. Season both sides (as if I had to tell YOU that!:)), then spread each steak with a helping of filling made from Fresh chopped garlic, shallot, parsley, basil, thyme, lemon zest, and browned Italian Sausage. Fold the ends in and roll the filled steaks up. Dust the outsides with seasoned flour and sear/sautee in a hot pan with a little coat of olive oil and butter. Deglaze pan with red wine and a whole jar of your favorite marinara. Add more red wine until beef is just covered completely with liquid. Cover with foil and bake in 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Serve over any cheese-filled pasta (tortellini, ravioli, manicotti, etc) with salad and garlic bread!

Falconchef, I'm safely home, and NOT being force-fed your delicious meals...what happened? :angry:  :D

etifan (3/17/2008)
falconchef (3/5/2008)

Falconchef, I'm safely home, and NOT being force-fed your delicious meals...what happened? :angry:  :D

Apparently, there were more than one pretty girl in a bikini when I got to Mexico during Spring Break.  I just grabbed the first one I thought I could trust.  If you're here...I'd better go find out who that is in my basement eating all the Carne Asada!!

falconchef (3/17/2008)
etifan (3/17/2008)

Apparently, there were more than one pretty girl in a bikini when I got to Mexico during Spring Break.  I just grabbed the first one I thought I could trust.  If you're here...I'd better go find out who that is in my basement eating all the Carne Asada!!

But I walked around asking strangers "Who hates Petrino"!  I thought it was obvious.  Well, now you have to travel to the midwest, unless I end up in Atlanta later this week (I'm waiting to hear if I need to go).  You brought it on yourself. 

And in the spirit of the thread topic, I am probably going to have popcorn for dinner tonight (I didn't go to the grocery store after returning home).

etifan (3/17/2008)
falconchef (3/17/2008)
etifan (3/17/2008)

But I walked around asking strangers "Who hates Petrino"!  I thought it was obvious.  Well, now you have to travel to the midwest, unless I end up in Atlanta later this week (I'm waiting to hear if I need to go).  You brought it on yourself. 

And in the spirit of the thread topic, I am probably going to have popcorn for dinner tonight (I didn't go to the grocery store after returning home).

Unfair question... EVERYBODY hates Petrino!:D Oh well, guess it's time to let my "guest" out of the basement.  First, I'll ask if she wants to stay for dinner:  PF Chang-style Chicken Lettuce Wraps with fried rice and Hoisin vegetables (How'd you like the seguay back to the topic??;))