what on the menu tonight thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scott24falcs (2/18/2008)
mookie6927 (2/18/2008)
grilled a couple of bubba burgers tonight. good stuff!:)

Those are about the only frozen, pre-pattied burgers I'll even mess with. They're pretty expensive though.

i'd have to agree on that. i just didn't feel like getting some ground sirloin/chuck/beef whatever i was in the mood for and making burgers like i usually do.

The_ ATL (2/19/2008)
Saturday (2/10/2008)

We are having fish tacos. Had hoped to have shark tacos, but couldn't find any shark that looked halfway decent.

I guess I'm the only one perverted enough to lol at this, eh?

nah...let mookie take it to a dark place for you. are the fish tacos anything like sideways sloppy joes?:w00t:

I'm trying to decide between chicken chili and tortilla soup tonight. It's 12 degrees today, and definitely a soup day.

I am here for you, etifan! When real Falcons news hits (like cuts, signings, releases and the such) I spend a little more time in TATF, and when things are slow, I move to ABF. I also expended much energy arguing in "evolution" thread and spent a little time in "pro life or pro death" thread. Other than that, too bad we missed you for "let's have dinner together!" My catfish was EXQUISITE!! Inherently sweet, with a Creole cornmeal crust, the fritters, the cabbage, the Red beans and Rice... all Fantastic! Hope you can join for the next one!!(announcement coming soon). Anyway...

I rarely have either chix tortilla or chix chili without pairing it with a Guacamole-Beef Torta. I mean, if you're having soup, doesn't a sandwich to dip it in make sense?? A Crusty-soft Kaiser roll filled with guacamole, cheese, and shredded beef is Perfect for the soups you have planned! Hominy is one of my favorite things on the PLANET!!

Tomorrow I'm doing an appetizer party for the Colorado BioScience Administration. They've ordered Shrimp cocktail (yawn), Chocolate dipped strawberries, Smoked cheese and Portabello Quesadillas, and (no kidding, Mama!) Coconut Chicken Satays with Thai Peanut Sauce (yes, they've been on my menu for a few years!)!!!

I hope all is well, and I enjoy this thread. PM me or I'll check back later to see that all is going well!!!

falconchef (2/20/2008)

I rarely have either chix tortilla or chix chili without pairing it with a Guacamole-Beef Torta. I mean, if you're having soup, doesn't a sandwich to dip it in make sense?? A Crusty-soft Kaiser roll filled with guacamole, cheese, and shredded beef is Perfect for the soups you have planned! Hominy is one of my favorite things on the PLANET!!

Tomorrow I'm doing an appetizer party for the Colorado BioScience Administration. They've ordered Shrimp cocktail (yawn), Chocolate dipped strawberries, Smoked cheese and Portabello Quesadillas, and (no kidding, Mama!) Coconut Chicken Satays with Thai Peanut Sauce (yes, they've been on my menu for a few years!)!!!

The chili plans fell through, so I will most likely make it on Sunday. I try to make that my day to lock the doors, turn off the phones and cook/bake. It's therapeutic. And I will definitely try your Torta - it sounds heavenly!! Tomorrow night, I am headed to meet friends at a local dive bar that has the best cheeseburgers in the area. I know it doesn't sound exciting, but they really are amazing. It's always an interesting and fun mix of people, too.

How did your appetizer party go?

Leftover roasted chicken

Broasted potato

Steamed broc & cauli

And since it's getting up to a blistering 40 degrees today, maybe Kahlua milkshakes.

I know I'll have more leftover chicken tonight, and at the suggestion of Falconchef, I'll shred it and make stuffed Kaiser rolls - yum!

etifan (2/27/2008)
Leftover roasted chicken

Broasted potato

Steamed broc & cauli

And since it's getting up to a blistering 40 degrees today, maybe Kahlua milkshakes.

I know I'll have more leftover chicken tonight, and at the suggestion of Falconchef, I'll shred it and make stuffed Kaiser rolls - yum!

Yum!! Reminds me of a dish I do for Sports themed parties: A duo of Cheesesteak sandwiches; the Chicken Cheesesteak has thick slices of juicy, smoky grilled chicken breast and a gooey bacon-beer-cheese sauce on a soft steamed Brat bun... German Potato Salad... A big stack of deep fried onion and pepper rings (or maybe some fried green tomatoes, my Southern friends...hmmmm... I think I need to go to the kitchen now...:))

savwboy savwboy (2/23/2008)
falconfoozball (2/23/2008)
savwboy savwboy (2/22/2008)
I hate all of you!!!

I am on a strict diet now and eating is not so exciting..

Are you on a beer diet? Cuase beer is good food. Shiney will back me up.

Lean proteins and complex carbs..

Pretty bland stuff for the most part

You know, it doesn't have to be bland. I eat a lot of lean proteins as well, because, as a chef, I eat pretty rich food on a consistent basis. So in order to stay in shape, when we eat at home, it's a lot of tofu and soy product, fantastic fishes, beef tenderloin (leaner than chicken breast!!). BOCA Burgers are great; a soft roll, a Boca Burger, some honey BBQ sauce, onion and pickles and you've got a very tasty McRib sandwich! Or there's taco/burrito flavored soy crumbles at your grocery store, and they're quite good with corn tortillas, shredded soy queso, some organic green chili sauce, lettuce, salsa,etc...LOTS of lean protein, low fat, and I'm telling you that you will enjoy them if you like tacos normally. Or you could try a whole wheat pasta dish tossed with fresh tomatoes, zucchini, fresh basil, big white beans and fat free cottage cheese (also LOADED with protein). I mean, I know it's not exciting Taj Mahal food, but that's about as good as it gets if you're on a strict diet. But it's a fun challenge to flavor your food with fresh herbs and spices, vinegars, and low fat sauces (such as sauteeing onion, garlic, and mushroom in 1t grapeseed oil and stirring in fat free sour cream for a terrific low fat cream sauce to top a grilled chicken breast).