The Bucs have reportedly shown interest in University of San Diego QB Josh Johnson.

atljbo

The Bucs have reportedly shown interest in University of San Diego QB Josh Johnson.

Tampa Bay needs a signal caller to develop behind Jeff Garcia, who will soon be 38 and is only signed through 2008. "Do you know who the last quarterback was that we drafted in the first or second round?" coach Jon Gruden recently said. "Shaun King. I think he's an analyst now for ESPN. It'd be nice to pick somebody that high again." Gruden loves quarterbacks that can move, and Johnson is the fastest QB in this year's draft.

texasbirdfan (2/10/2008)
Gruden, an ex-quarterback, shows interest in ALL qb prospects. How many are on their roster now? Is it still 5? No news here.

LOL

true. he traded for plummer last year when he had garcia and said he was still trying to get more qb's so he could battle it out. i could understand trying to do whats best for the team but dang do you really need 25 quarterbacks? its the tampa bay buccaneers though. stupid like always.

atljbo (2/10/2008)

Tampa Bay needs a signal caller to develop behind Jeff Garcia, who will soon be 38 and is only signed through 2008. "Do you know who the last quarterback was that we drafted in the first or second round?" coach Jon Gruden recently said. "Shaun King. I think he's an analyst now for ESPN. It'd be nice to pick somebody that high again." Gruden loves quarterbacks that can move, and Johnson is the fastest QB in this year's draft.

If they get this guy, they will kick our *****.

texasbirdfan (2/10/2008)
joremari (2/10/2008)
doesn't gruden know that they can just draft an all star superstar qb in the 7th round like everyone else?

what does gruden know about running an offense in the NFL anyway?

Yea you are right. Always stock your team with a half dozen high round qbs.

Gruden is a SB winning coach. Right now he is on top of the division. We shouldn't be questioning his methods.

joremari (2/10/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/10/2008)
joremari (2/10/2008)
doesn't gruden know that they can just draft an all star superstar qb in the 7th round like everyone else?

what does gruden know about running an offense in the NFL anyway?

Yea you are right. Always stock your team with a half dozen high round qbs.

Gruden is a SB winning coach. Right now he is on top of the division. We shouldn't be questioning his methods.

Dude. The point is Gruden is not going to do what this thread says he is going to do. Gruden loves looking at qb's like my wife likes trying on shoes. The good thing about my wife is she keeps her purchases down to a minimum. Just because Gruden is LOOKING doesn't mean he is buying.

Get it?

Joshua Affonso (2/10/2008)
This is not a suprise. Josh Johnson is a PERFECT fit for the Bucs and being drafted by them or another WCO team would greatly easy his transition into the NFL. I think that he would be a good choice by them.

This kid along with Dixon, Flacco, Brennen, and Henne are going to be here in the NFL for a long time I believe. A team for Brennen would be back-up for P. Manning, St. Louis, or teams with similar offenses. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats picked him up. Even if he doesn't make it in this league, he will kick butt in the CFL.

Legion (2/10/2008)
atljbo (2/10/2008)

Watch if the bucs end up getting Johnson everybody would THEN want to start DJ Shockley

@tOwn GooN Till i D!3 (2/10/2008)
Legion (2/10/2008)
atljbo (2/10/2008)

Watch if the bucs end up getting Johnson everybody would THEN want to start DJ Shockley

True