Did everyone forget or something...?

I dont know what everyone else thinks, but I dont think a first round pick needs to be used on a quarterback. Blank said they are committed to drafting a qb and having him sit a year or two to allow him to season into a quality quarterback. This team wants to win now, why draft someone who isn't going to start with a first round pick? Incase you all forgot, Chris Redman was our starter at the end of the season, and in my opinion, he'll be the started at the beginning of next season also. Besides that one bad game against tampa where the entire team played back, i thought redman did amazing, he was accurate, showed some decent arm strength, moved in the pocket well, and was quick with his decisions. I think our best bet to win next season is have redman start all year long, and I think that's going to happen. Stop talking about signing a qb or drafting one in the first round, redman will be resigned and he will be our starter, who will be his backup? i have no idea, but it isnt going to be brohm or ryan, I can tell you that much..

We need a stable of qbs to bring in this year. I dont know who the answer is and wont claim that i do. But what i do know is the more guys we have the better chance of finding the right guy. So with that said i think Redman needs to be resigned. We need to hold onto Joey harrington. We need to see what DJ can do. And we need to spend a high pick: 1st 2nd or 3rd. On another young guy. Then we can go to camp and see who is the right man for this job.

ether422 (2/10/2008)
I dont know what everyone else thinks, but I dont think a first round pick needs to be used on a quarterback. Blank said they are committed to drafting a qb and having him sit a year or two to allow him to season into a quality quarterback. This team wants to win now, why draft someone who isn't going to start with a first round pick? Incase you all forgot, Chris Redman was our starter at the end of the season, and in my opinion, he'll be the started at the beginning of next season also. Besides that one bad game against tampa where the entire team played back, i thought redman did amazing, he was accurate, showed some decent arm strength, moved in the pocket well, and was quick with his decisions. I think our best bet to win next season is have redman start all year long, and I think that's going to happen. Stop talking about signing a qb or drafting one in the first round, redman will be resigned and he will be our starter, who will be his backup? i have no idea, but it isnt going to be brohm or ryan, I can tell you that much..

OL OL OL OL OL

i think he had 2 good games, the one against tampa shouldnt even count, the entire team just had way too much on their mind, and no one played good at all

and yeah, shockley has played against third string defenses and he still cant score a touchdown. dont get me wrong, i like shockley, but i dont think he's a starter, he's a third stringer, backup at best

ether422 (2/10/2008)
i think he had 2 good games, the one against tampa shouldnt even count, the entire team just had way too much on their mind, and no one played good at all

and yeah, shockley has played against third string defenses and he still cant score a touchdown. dont get me wrong, i like shockley, but i dont think he's a starter, he's a third stringer, backup at best

Tampa shouldnt count but a throw away where they pulled their starters and played a base defense should?Arizona was the only legitamate game and when you say that its not very impressive.Hey guys we beat arizona!Wow......

IMO keep Shock, Lefty, re-sign Redman, and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Let all of them battle in training camp and cut either Shock, Lefty, or Redman (whoever does worst in the new offense). I want a QB with guts, and I think Harrington left his back in Detroit and his arm in Miami. Say goodbye to Joey's 'tiny' passing game:)

both GaFan and ether422 raise good points. first of all redman is not really off the team unless we re-sign him before the 29th. after the 29th he does become a FA. georgiafan is right though because redman did play in petrinos offense last year and that may be why he excelled. and we do need a game manager because it would be stupid to waste a first rounder on a game manager that probably wont play until 09 or 10.

tweak (2/10/2008)
IMO keep Shock, Lefty, re-sign Redman, and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Let all of them battle in training camp and cut either Shock, Lefty, or Redman (whoever does worst in the new offense). I want a QB with guts, and I think Harrington left his back in Detroit and his arm in Miami. Say goodbye to Joey's 'tiny' passing game:)
I think joey did the same as redman.He just started first.If redman starts the first game last year he gets burned.They both blew the tampa games.Joey won some games.Petrino threw him under the bus....Joey deserves a shot.Byron deserves a shot.Heck we dont have the talent to just dimiss players.
bigduke633 (2/10/2008)
ether422 (2/10/2008)

Tampa shouldnt count but a throw away where they pulled their starters and played a base defense should?Arizona was the only legitamate game and when you say that its not very impressive.Hey guys we beat arizona!Wow......

Actually, we LOST to Arizona in overtime! Even less impressive! Also, Redman fans, remember that Redman got the bonus of being able to play WITHOUT the interference of Bobby Quitrino. His playcalling came from the guy (Hue) who actually installed the offense. Harrington (not that he's terrific or anything) had to play the plays called by a guy who was a week-long no show at practice, then came and took over offensive playcalling during the game. Redman got to play under Coach Thomas and Hue Jackson. Harrington had to play under Katrino.

I think we will keep Redman and draft Henne or Flacco. Let Flacco or Henne sit out a season so they can get use to the game. Play them a little bit toward the end of the season. Next year we continue to build up or lineman situation. And he will compete for the job.

Heres what I hope our draft look like.

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Joe Flacco

3. Kevin Smith

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Jacob Hester

6. Barry Richardson

6. Brandon Coutu

7. Fernando Velasco

or

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Chad Henne

3. Jamal Charles

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Brandon Coutu

6. Barry Richardson

6. Tom Zbikowski

7. Fernando Velasco

UGA_DAWG46 (2/10/2008)
I think we will keep Redman and draft Henne or Flacco. Let Flacco or Henne sit out a season so they can get use to the game. Play them a little bit toward the end of the season. Next year we continue to build up or lineman situation. And he will compete for the job.

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Joe Flacco

3. Kevin Smith

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Jacob Hester

6. Barry Richardson

6. Brandon Coutu

7. Fernando Velasco

or

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Chad Henne

3. Jamal Charles

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Brandon Coutu

6. Barry Richardson

6. Tom Zbikowski

7. Fernando Velasco

yea i like the trevor laws pick. he is a beast and he can play DT and DE. he can sub (assuming he doesnt get the starting job) in for our guys and still help generate a rush. if he comes to this team, he will be an all-star.

bigduke633 (2/10/2008)
tweak (2/10/2008)
I think joey did the same as redman.He just started first.If redman starts the first game last year he gets burned.They both blew the tampa games.Joey won some games.Petrino threw him under the bus....Joey deserves a shot.Byron deserves a shot.Heck we dont have the talent to just dimiss players.

I agree with you for the most part, all of them deserve a shot. But if 4 QBs battle through training camp, I think Joey will get the short-end of the stick. Redman's body of work this season impressed me more than Harrington's.

bossFALCON (2/10/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/10/2008)

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Joe Flacco

3. Kevin Smith

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Jacob Hester

6. Barry Richardson

6. Brandon Coutu

7. Fernando Velasco

or

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Chad Henne

3. Jamal Charles

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Brandon Coutu

6. Barry Richardson

6. Tom Zbikowski

7. Fernando Velasco

yea i like the trevor laws pick. he is a beast and he can play DT and DE. he can sub (assuming he doesnt get the starting job) in for our guys and still help generate a rush. if he comes to this team, he will be an all-star.

people are over looking him because of how bad Notre Dame play this season. But teaming him up with Ellis would be really nice. Rotate Lewis, Laws, and Ellis in would be really good move. which one do you think is the better draft. ( not much different)

GEORGIAfan (2/10/2008)
we are running a different offense, AND in this offense we need a game manager, so we do not need a 1st round, AND every falcon fan does not want a 1st round QB.

ALSO redman played games that did not matter, AND teams that had either a sorry D, or the D did not play the whole game.

we haven't even seen this offense yet, how do you know all we need is a game manager?

and don't say every falcon fan doesn't want a qb. i am a falcons fan and i want a first round qb. i want the falcons to have the best chance to build a team for the long run, not just next season or the year after that. to have a stable franchise, you need stability at the qb position. i'd rather take my chances on a first round qb being a stable, long term solution at the qb position then some 4th round guy who will probably fail.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/10/2008)
bossFALCON (2/10/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/10/2008)

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Joe Flacco

3. Kevin Smith

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Jacob Hester

6. Barry Richardson

6. Brandon Coutu

7. Fernando Velasco

or

1. Sedrick Ellis

2. Gorder Cherilus

2. Chad Henne

3. Jamal Charles

3. Trevor Law

4. Phillip Wheeler

5. Brandon Coutu

6. Barry Richardson

6. Tom Zbikowski

7. Fernando Velasco

people are over looking him because of how bad Notre Dame play this season. But teaming him up with Ellis would be really nice. Rotate Lewis, Laws, and Ellis in would be really good move. which one do you think is the better draft. ( not much different)

yea if we had dorsey or ellis and then we took trevor laws, our d-line would be the sickest in the league, no doubt. if any of our d-lineman got hurt or tired laws could come in and sub for them because he is so versatile. im pretty sure laws would start though.

it would probably be anderson, dorsey or ellis(whoever we pick), laws/lewis/babs rotating, and abe. we would probably lead the league in sacks.

joremari (2/10/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/10/2008)
we are running a different offense, AND in this offense we need a game manager, so we do not need a 1st round, AND every falcon fan does not want a 1st round QB.

ALSO redman played games that did not matter, AND teams that had either a sorry D, or the D did not play the whole game.

we haven't even seen this offense yet, how do you know all we need is a game manager?

and don't say every falcon fan doesn't want a qb. i am a falcons fan and i want a first round qb. i want the falcons to have the best chance to build a team for the long run, not just next season or the year after that. to have a stable franchise, you need stability at the qb position. i'd rather take my chances on a first round qb being a stable, long term solution at the qb position then some 4th round guy who will probably fail.

you want matt ryan???????? and i know, because thats the type of offense mularkey ran at Buff and Pitt.

If we decide to go RB or Qb first, I would be happy if we get Trevor Laws and Red Bryant. Red Bryant can be a version of Marcus Stroud. Trevor Laws and Red Bryant rotating with Lewis along with Coleman, Pretty good Dline.

Lets jus hope we get Ellis and Laws, Ellis and Bryant, Dorsey and Laws, Dorsey and Bryant, or Bryant and Law. Any of those would be a vast improvement of our line. The Matt Schaub trade really shape us up for this year draft.

If we can get Hayneswoth in this mix, man what a great line in a few years. If Anderson full fill his value, we would return to our domanting line a few years ago.