My 'too good to actually happen' dream draft

halsey

Falcons trade down with Dallas, get thier 2 1st rounders and a 2009 pick or two to even the value:

Pick 22: Kentwan Balmer

Pick 28: Chris Williams

Pick 37: Branden Albert

Pick 48: Philip Wheeler

3rd: Jamaal Charles

3rd: Josh Johnson

That would be the most awesomest first day in Atlanta Falcons history.

halsey (2/9/2008)
Falcons trade down with Dallas, get thier 2 1st rounders and a 2009 pick or two to even the value:

I don't like the Charles pick, I went to the Texans board to see what they were saying about him and they all were talking about him fumbling like 10 times last season

Culain (2/9/2008)
halsey (2/9/2008)

I don't like the Charles pick, I went to the Texans board to see what they were saying about him and they all were talking about him fumbling like 10 times last season

He wouldn't be on the board in the third if he didnt have some sort of weakness in his game. Ball security issues can be worked on.

halsey (2/9/2008)
Culain (2/9/2008)
halsey (2/9/2008)

He wouldn't be on the board in the third if he didnt have some sort of weakness in his game. Ball security issues can be worked on.

Definetly true.

Guest Libid21

Kentwan Balmer will most likely still be there in the second, and I don't see him really being the type of tackle that Atlanta needs. Chris Williams is a very good tackle, and I'd draft him where you have Balmer being drafted instead. Other than the Balmer pick, this isn't exactly a 'too good to actually happen' draft considering it's realistic enough... for it to actually happen... :D

halsey (2/9/2008)

First of all I doubt Dallas trades with us. If Jones wants McFadden he'll deal with the Tuna and make sure he gets his man. But if for some reason this trade happened, every one of our front office and coaching staff should be whipped until bloody for not nabbing either Ryan or Brohm after picking up an extra first. I somewhat understand the hesitance to draft either Ryan or Brohm with a top 5 pick, but to grab Balmer and Williams versus one of those QBs--that's horrid. Johnson is a project at best. Yet another small school guy everyone over hypes every year.

dream draft(1% possibility, but still 1% none the less)

1. Glenn Dorsey- DT- LSU

2. Chris Williams- LT- Vandy

2b. Gosder Cherilus-RT- BC

3. Chad Henne- QB- Mich

3(comp pick for PK). Phillip Wheeler-MLB- GT

4.Matt Forte- RB- Tulane

5. Jacob Tamme- TE- Kentucky

6. Brandon Cotu- K- Georgia

7. dont care.....

BirdMan5420 (2/10/2008)
dream draft(1% possibility, but still 1% none the less)

1. Glenn Dorsey- DT- LSU

2. Chris Williams- LT- Vandy

2b. Gosder Cherilus-RT- BC

3. Chad Henne- QB- Mich

3(comp pick for PK). Phillip Wheeler-MLB- GT

4.Matt Forte- RB- Tulane

5. Jacob Tamme- TE- Kentucky

6. Brandon Cotu- K- Georgia

7. dont care.....

love it

although tamme is probably a stretch in the 5th maybe stretch for coutu in the 5th

tamme in 6th

Cherilus is nasty I would love that pick although i dont believe he falls that far, neither will williams imo

but if we dont draft long with our first pick there are still other great value picks at tackle and guard

The front office has a lot to choose from, I hope this draft goes as well as last year